PDA

View Full Version : My AO friends never cease to amaze me!!

Clare
01-18-2005, 04:05 PM
First, here's a little background info that I posted on hitech's thread about his house being burglarized:

I'm so sorry to hear this! :( I found out that my car had been vandalized on the 13th as I was about to get in my car to drive to my grandfather's funeral services in my hometown. This happened in my own driveway, which really scared me since I'm currently living by myself. Aside from the grief from my grandfather's passing, I was really stressed out while I was a 4 hour drive away from my house. I kept thinking someone was going to break into my house while I was gone, because the thieves obviously know I have expensive taste after taking off with my ipod, xm radio, a cell phone, etc. Then when I returned around 1 am tonight, I had a really big scare as I drove by the back of my house and could have sworn my sliding glass door leading to the yard had been opened and that the pet door attachment had been ripped out. I've been so stressed out that I guess Im starting to see things. I called 911 and asked if someone could come check it out for me because I was too afraid to come into my house. 3 cop cars (way more than I expected to show up) showed up and they went in with flashlights and searched every room and came back out to let me know that everything was alright. I've never been afraid of living on my own but I can't stand that now I'm scared of going into my own house at night wondering if it's been burglarized or that they will try to break in as I'm sleeping. I plan to sleep with a gun by my bed until I move out of here soon..

So, today I receive a fedex package with a card from JT (Mango) and with a list of friends who made the gift possible. which were: Mango, Muzikman, Joey D, 1stdeadeye, Wyn, Dayspring, Oldsoldier, and Creative Mayhem. And what's inside!? A freakin iPod!!! And just like the one that had been stolen from my car. I never in a million years expected this. I broke down and cried at the thought that I have some amazing friends out there and that they cared enough to do this for me. Thank you so much, guys! I love ya! So, I called JT to chew him out for the extravagant gift and how this all came about. JT said that he had been trying to plan something since the day he heard the news and he explained to me that the guys and himself had all pitched in for it. A material good never meant so much to me but for the sole reason that this was the combined effort and caring of my friends. Thank you so much, JT, Jason, Joey, Rob, Nick, Scott, Jeremy, and Bill. http://www.sprayingmango.com/grouphug.gif

quik
01-18-2005, 04:07 PM
I wish I had friends like you :(.

Very cool of all you guys! Congrats on the new iPod too.

Mango
01-18-2005, 04:10 PM
http://www.sprayingmango.com/love.gifhttp://www.sprayingmango.com/hsugh.gif

xXHavokXx
01-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Totally cool.

WicKeD_WaYz
01-18-2005, 04:50 PM
You know last week someone stole my 2005 Mustang.... :cry:

just kiddin...that was nice of you guys though.

ryan

Creative Mayhem
01-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Nothing but Love for yah sweetheart :D

Dayspring
01-18-2005, 04:53 PM
You're family Clare...

Family takes care of Family...

digitard
01-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah,
Lots of cool paintball peeps.

When my 2nd vehicle was broken into and just fubar'd a local friend of mine had a vehicle he bought and didn't want anymore (it was only 2yrs old) so he setup a payment plan with me to buy it from him at the current dealer price for it. Sure I'm paying the 'dealer' price but its like having a loan with NO interest and still had the warranty. I thought it was VERY cool.

gc82000
01-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Good story, sorry about your stuff. That sort of thing happens a lot on Guam. A friends purse got stole in a church during a mass.

Guys good looking out for a friend. :cheers:

dj89
01-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Darn, I would helped. If I knew

wyn1370
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
You're family Clare...

Family takes care of Family...
quoted for truth

slade
01-18-2005, 05:22 PM
yeah i wouldve pitched in a little if i knew... shoulda told me joey. ;)... or are you trying to tell me i need to save up for a new gun? :p .

hahaha actually, i just realized that i found an ipod around the same time clare posted that... i was walking outside the school with a girl i know and we found it over a fence in the rain, but it was still working... unfortunately i also found the owner. turned out he got high and chucked his ipod over the fence... :confused: .

lol ok pointless story... oh well w/e.

jdev
01-18-2005, 05:29 PM
nothing but <3 for clare.

like nick said. you're family. well, at least you are when you steal someones bed and sleep in it for a few nights when coming to an AO event!

family def. takes care of family.

glad you enjoyed the gift. none of this would have been possible without JT, so, thanks are in order to JT as well.

ntn4502
01-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Mango's a dirty cracka that can't send PM's to save his life :) , Clare you have some of my finest on the way over if I can still find you addy :cheers:

Mango
01-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Mango's a dirty cracka that can't send PM's to save his life :)

http://www.sprayingmango.com/ohnoes.gif http://www.sprayingmango.com/ohnoes.gif

SpecialBlend2786
01-18-2005, 06:34 PM
awesome. nice work guys

nato
01-18-2005, 08:01 PM
:ninja: SUPER :ninja: COOL :ninja: COWBOYS :ninja:

I love it when people are nice ad go out of the way to do something decent. Props to you guys.

N.A.T.O.

fire1811
01-18-2005, 08:03 PM
A freakin iPod!!! And just like the one that had been stolen from my car. I never in a million years expected this.

hmm just like the one that was stolen........

they took it and are just trying to get on your good side. :p

j/k

good job guys very thoughtfull

oldsoldier
01-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Clare, no problem. You're welcome. Hopefully, we'll all have a "family reunion" this summer!

blackclown
01-18-2005, 08:50 PM
i donated money there want just wasn't enough room for me ;) .....

but really pat yourself's on the backf or that 1!

OysterBoy
01-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Thats awesome! Donated iPods = Awesome-Bisque

Although I feel concerened for your well being; if they got away with it once they probably have the itch to try again.. Stay safe Clare.

Kevmaster
01-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Clare...we're all just happy that you are OK. You know we all love ya

Echo419
01-18-2005, 09:53 PM
This goes to show, that there is some small hope in AO... thats awesome guys :)

JT's Unite :headbang:

pbzmag
01-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Wow, just wow! Props to you guys!

Miscue
01-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Stickied for a little while - per request.

CrimsonTurkey
01-19-2005, 06:34 PM
This is what I love about AO. When would this happen on PBN or something?

As for being afraid of the fools. I carry two self defense weapons, my favorite paint pistol loaded with those Rufus T-ball target balls and a sgian dubh, which is a taditional last resort weapon of the scots. Fac et Spera

Anyway, great to hear more stories about these amazing people here on AO.

1stdeadeye
01-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Glad to help!

All props to JT. He organized it, collected, purchased and shipped it.

Let me hear anyone talk about useless Mango posts again and :shooting: !

Scott

rkjunior303
01-20-2005, 07:01 PM
i thought i had replied in here but guess not! talking to everyone in chat mustve confused me!

just wanted to say what i thought you guys did was super cool. it's great to see people pull together and help a friend in need.

bornl33t
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
so when do I get my ipod? :clap:

slade
01-20-2005, 07:59 PM
so when do I get my ipod? :clap:
are you a chick? do you have a fan club? i rest my case :D ;)

Mango
01-20-2005, 08:04 PM

Please don't even go there. Seriously.

slade
01-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Please don't even go there. Seriously.
it was a joke, hence the smileys. i know you did it because you're friends with Clare and care about her.

Mango
01-20-2005, 08:35 PM
it was a joke, hence the smileys. i know you did it because you're friends with Clare and care about her.

http://www.sprayingmango.com/hsugh.gif

bornl33t
01-21-2005, 05:35 AM

I have boobs does that count? H00ray for Manb00bies!

tony3
01-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Wow that is amazing, shows that the old AO is still around, we just got to bring it back out. You'd never see this on PBN or PBR. Awesome guys. Hope you stay safe Clare.

1stdeadeye
01-22-2005, 12:38 PM

:rolleyes: DIAF

:p

Wheelman
01-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Well you know I would have thrown in some for it but as usual I'm always the last to know.

If it weren't for that whole fedral can't ship/sell a firearm across state lines go to prison blah blah blah and whatnot I have a nice 9mm I'd loan ya till you move :D