PDA

View Full Version : So, I attacked a company today

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2005, 01:53 PM
aka "Don't mess with Marketing gophers"

I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

The office manager comes to me with a bill from a phone company that's slammed us. You know, they call, talk to someone, and then pretend that we've green lighted a meaningless charge. Bastards!

So I get the bill. I call the customer service number. The recording says to leave a number; they'll call back in 2 days. Right.

Stupidly though, they left a fax number. It's just like they had dropped their pants and exposed their flaccid genitals for my abuse. Time for a humiliating kick in the corporate crotch.

I prepare a document on my computer. It has my name and phone number in large letters. Beneath that, I insert a large, toner-sucking graphic. I then copy the page and re-insert it into the document. 60 times.

Next I print this document....to my faxmodem. From there, the 60 pages are directed towards their unsuspecting fax machine. I hit the resubmit button 5 or 6 times for good measure, thus queuing about 300 pages. I wait.

About 20 minutes later, an anxious voice on my phone asks for my account number. From his pain reflected in his tone, I know that my well placed kick to their firms groin has met the exposed meat. Pain and embarrassment is being felt and spread around. He quickly tells me that my account has been cleared and canceled, and we don't have to pay the bill. I smirk as I hear him squirm, his humiliation complete.

Fax machines are the testicles of just about any company. If a company gives you grief, attack the fax, and no matter how big they are, they'll drop to the ground, curl up in a fetal position, and beg for mercy.

It always works.

OysterBoy
01-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Absolutely beautiful.

I surrender all my cool points to you.

lopxtc
01-19-2005, 02:09 PM
I used to get allot of calls from a fax machine to my home number ... thankfully the number on their end showed up in my caller ID. So what I did was spell out;

"THIS IS NOT A FAX MACHINE!"

One letter per page, 10pt font, centered left/right top/bottom, white text, black background :) ... after a couple sends I never got another call from that fax machine again.

Aaron

Thordic
01-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Never tried this, but heard it works.

Take 5-6 sheets of paper, and tape them into one strip of paper. Feed it into the fax machine, then when the first page comes through, tape it the last page of the strip. It SHOULD just keep sending until you break the loop. "Set it and forget it".

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Next I print this document...to my faxmodem . From there, the 60 pages are directed towards their unsuspecting fax machine. I hit the resubmit button 5 or 6 times for good measure, thus queuing about 300 pages.

Taping works as well, I guess.

Lohman446
01-19-2005, 03:06 PM
LOL... my calls to a company that did this went like this

"I want to talk to a supervisor"
"I can help you"
"Whats your name"
"John"
"John.. what's your last name"
"We don't give that out"
"I see... I am recording this conversation, I need to make you aware of that"
"I do not give you permission to record this conversation... (some long drawn out thing)"
"Fine John... I'm calling my district attorney and attorney general tomorrow and filing fraud charges for slamming, after which I am seeing a civil lawyer and seeking punitive damages.. I have tried to work with your company and you have been uncooperative"
"Umm.. let me get a supervisor"

It got fixed quite quick

SlipknotX556
01-19-2005, 05:05 PM
If someone did that to me, its called shut the fax machine off...

wanna-b-ballin'
01-19-2005, 09:51 PM
so..... what was the toner-sucking graphic?

ScatterPlot
01-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Go out to any store that sells computer stuff and printers, and get some banner paper. I'ts regular paper, but already all hooked together for you. Or you could use some of that old-skool printer paper.

Linkwarner
01-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Evil people evil, whenever I get calls like that at work, I say, "Hold on let me get my manager." leave for a hour, come back, check if there still on the phone, if not, hang up, wait for them to call again, at this time they are furious and steaming, and Scream at me to get the manager, I repeat the message.....wash, rinse, repeat...

Carbon
01-20-2005, 02:29 AM
Ricker That Effing Rulez!

Automaggin2
01-20-2005, 02:33 AM
:clap:

Wow! That is awsome. I do have access to fax machines in my dorm......hmmmm.........

maglover728
01-20-2005, 05:08 AM
That is about the most creative way I have heard. What doest it cost, phone wise, to xmit a fax though?

teufelhunden
01-20-2005, 08:26 AM
The same that it does to use a regular phone; the phone company doesn't know its a fax line.

SCpoloRicker
01-20-2005, 12:25 PM
The same that it does to use a regular phone; the phone company doesn't know its a fax line.

I'm not positive, but I think it was over IP (teh interwebs). Fax is same as phone.

teufelhunden
01-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Well, a faxmodem used to fax will operate in the same way as a fax machine does.. it'll dial up the other machine, they'll beep and squak at eachother.. end of story.

ScatterPlot
01-21-2005, 03:13 AM
Yup. They're like 2 big retarded plastic parrots. :argh:

maglover728
01-21-2005, 03:25 AM
So you get billed for the time it takes to xmit, and not the amount of data you transfer?

gc82000
01-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Yup. They're like 2 big retarded plastic parrots. :argh:
:rofl: hahahahahahahahahahah (fell on the floor, made a loud thump, cont. to) hahahahaahahahahahahah :rofl:

You guys are evil..

I like it.

brianlojeck
01-21-2005, 12:07 PM
So you get billed for the time it takes to xmit, and not the amount of data you transfer?

kind of the same way joe-bob and bobby-joe get charged the same as einstein and oppenheimer would for a 5 minute call... the quality of the data on the line doesn't matter, just the time.

The one caveat is if you have one of those $50/month unlimited calling plans. they will charge you more if they feel you are using the plan for long distance internet access.