PDA

View Full Version : Shortening the trigger on a classic.

Buff
01-19-2005, 04:27 PM
I have a classic valve with LX installed, and was curious as to what kind of mods I can do to shorten the trigger pull?
I know the ULT can cause problems......so I dont think I want to get that.....

Conversekidz
01-19-2005, 04:29 PM
buy an x-valve with ULT :rofl:

J/K

Honestly I don't know of away to shorten the pull.

personman
01-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Nothing. You can try trigger stops but they may cause issues with short stroking. The ULT doesnt cause problems with classics from what I've heard.
But the ULT wont shorten the trigger pull, it only lightens it.
Want a shorter trigger pull? Buy an electro :)

fred1
01-19-2005, 07:34 PM
i got a ULT on a classic valve its awesome...and about what was posted above i am pretty sure the trigger pull was shortend.

NoForts4Me
01-19-2005, 07:52 PM
I haven't measured the difference, but the trigger pull definately seems shorter on my ULT'd Classic. So much so that I need to add trigger stops, and intend to do so...someday. To get the ULT to work with the Classic, you have to add shims, a lot, and I believe this reduces the trigger pull. Of course, I'm no expert.

Buff
01-19-2005, 08:30 PM
those who have a ULE on a classic, do u use co2 or N2?

rtjrom
01-19-2005, 09:17 PM
You can always buy a modified sear from Luke but you would need a ULT kit because it makes the trigger pull a little harder or you could always try to modify your own sear.

NoForts4Me
01-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I use CO2 with mine...I don't have N2 available. Anti-Siphon is a must with this setup (but pretty much is anyway). Have never had it freeze up while playing a game. However, the more you short stroke it, and cause the level 10 to kick in, the higher your chances of freezing up. I had to switch from a Benchmark frame to an Intelli because I short stroked too much with the Benchy/ULT setup.

fred1
01-19-2005, 10:53 PM
those who have a ULE on a classic, do u use co2 or N2?

compressed air ya, i havent used or seen Co2 being used with ULT so i dont know what its like.

Automaggot68
01-20-2005, 01:38 PM
i got a ULT on a classic valve its awesome...and about what was posted above i am pretty sure the trigger pull was shortend.

The trigger pull isn't shortened.
It's simulating either a slightly longer, or slightly short on/off pin.

Also, the Stock Pull on a classic is pretty short to begin with, why would you want to make it shorter? The shorter you get with ULt, you'll have more short-stroking problems.

THis is FromAO member Daysrping

Remember. Using the shims can have the same effect as shaving the pin or using a shorter/longer on/off pin.

You are changing the point at which the pin will seat in the oring. The more shims you add, in effect, it makes the on/off pin "shorter."

Taking shims out will in effect be like having a "longer" on/off pin in.

And all this is accomplished with the pin staying the same length. :)