PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Stops?

CKY_Alliance
01-19-2005, 08:52 PM
what exactly are trigger stops?what do they do?benefits?down falls? ne info i can get would be nice~thank you

AGDlover
01-19-2005, 08:58 PM
trigger stops consist of 2 set screws put in the trigger to take slack away from the trigger from when the trigger rests and when it fires. Benafits: shorter mech pull Down falls: if the trigger is too short your risk damageing the bolt and sear

CKY_Alliance
01-19-2005, 09:18 PM
can most shops adjust it or whatveer to keep it form messing up the bolt and sear?

AGDlover
01-19-2005, 09:19 PM
you can do it yourself since they just adjust with alen screws so once you find the shortest point just barely back it off from eatch screw and your all good

magsRus
01-19-2005, 10:04 PM
cky

Rock On

CKY_Alliance
01-19-2005, 10:11 PM
life wouldnt be worth livin with out CKY hopefully they can fix the horible music idustry
~ok thnks for the info about the stops~

Bad_Dog
01-19-2005, 10:36 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136646&highlight=trigger+stop+thread

take a look there for some more info, hope it helps!

trains are bad
01-19-2005, 11:14 PM
you only need one. The top trigger stop is pointless as the same thing can be accomplished by adjusting the trigger rod, albeit maybe less easily.

And before someone tells me, no, you are not supposed to adjust the trigger rod, but you are not supposed to install as setscrew to accomplish the same thing either.

Evil1
01-20-2005, 02:36 AM
I adjusted the trigger rod on my mag I had a long time ago and adjusted the trigger rod on my MM I have right now with no accelerated wear whatsoever. I turned them back in a couple turns and then blue locktited them in place.

maglover728
01-20-2005, 04:02 AM
They just help take some of the fore and aft slack out of the trigger. Brings up your ROF because you are not taking the time to move the trigger over as much useless distance in the firing process. That is all. Very simple.

Eric Cartman
01-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I installed a rear trigger stop in my intelliframe. While it greatly increased my ROF, it also led to occasional short stroking (which I have never had a problem with before). The big problem was that the trigger would not reset until I got something thin enough to slide in behind the trigger to push the trigger rod all the way in (like a knife blade or a really long thumbnail). Needless to say, that's not really feasible on the field. After a couple of games like that, I gave up and removed the trigger stop.
If I could find a way to quickly 'over-ride' the stop in the event of a short stroke in order to push the trigger rod all the way in, I'd go back to it in a heartbeat. I had put enough shims in my ULT to cause crazy bounce at 850 / 900 psi, but if I backed off my pressure to about 700 psi, the bounce was eliminated and the trigger was 'soft' enough to walk fairly easily. Aside from the short strokes, that was an uber sweet setup :(

SlartyBartFast
01-20-2005, 11:36 AM
And before someone tells me, no, you are not supposed to adjust the trigger rod, but you are not supposed to install as setscrew to accomplish the same thing either.

:rofl:

If I understand it correctly, the reason that so many are so ademant that you shouldn't adjust the trigger ord is too many people who do don't unbderstand that there has to be SOME slack.

But, as you stated, the same can be said for setscrews.

On the otherhand, AGD does have some bizzare highly precise setting for trigger rod length. :ninja:

JimmyBeam
01-20-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136646&highlight=trigger+stop+thread

take a look there for some more info, hope it helps!
thx for that link

CKY_Alliance
01-20-2005, 09:45 PM
so if your using an X-valve will they really benefit you that much?