PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Horrer Flicks

trevorjk
01-19-2005, 11:30 PM
So is anyone else on these threads in love with these movies?

I love japanese horrer movies, they are always far better with both the story and plot of the movie... and the visuals are just amazing and lasting even after the movie is over.

My favorites are...

The Eye
and
Ju-On

The movie "The Grudge" was based off of the movie Ju-On, and the origional is always better :headbang:

so anyone else love Japanese horror flicks? any suggestions to some good movies?

Python14
01-19-2005, 11:31 PM
If you like throwing up...watch Guine Pig

quik
01-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Which Ju-On are you reffering to? The Curse, The Grudge, or The Grudge 2?

Most, if not all of the Ju-On's are one big puzzle thats impossible to figure out. Its not very scary either.

I'll stick to BR :(.

trevorjk
01-20-2005, 12:05 AM

Most, if not all of the Ju-On's are one big puzzle thats impossible to figure out. Its not very scary either.

BR???

and the Ju-On i like is "The Grudge" .... i love movies that leave pictures and thoughts in my head... i like the linguring affect of a good horrer flick. slice n dice em up killer horrer flicks can be ok but they are over worked...

quik
01-20-2005, 12:14 AM
BR=Battle Royale.

Smileatom88
01-20-2005, 04:58 AM
BR is Wild.

Python14
01-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah....I really like BR. It's a fun movie. Hell, you know it's gonna be good cuz it's got Beat Takeshi

OysterBoy
01-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Yes, HorrOr movies are very cool.. everyone enjoys a good HORROR movie.

2005 looks like a good HORROR film year (Boogeyman, White Noise, Hide and Seek, Amityville HORROR, etc)

psychobillygoat
01-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Check out Ichi the Killer. Thats a good one. Net flix has tons of them. That's where I've been getting my fix from.

trevorjk
01-20-2005, 12:50 PM
The new Amityville horrer was filmed like 5 minutes from the Proshop where i work at. but how many amityville horrer remakes is that now? 7, 8? so its nothing new same old story.

Iche the killer, my friend Ubooze suggested that one, is it worth buying? ((( cant rent becuase place around here suck )))

psychobillygoat
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
if you can't rent it - i would buy it. definately worth seeing.

OysterBoy
01-20-2005, 01:08 PM
The new Amityville horrer was filmed like 5 minutes from the Proshop where i work at. but how many amityville horrer remakes is that now? 7, 8? so its nothing new same old story.

Iche the killer, my friend Ubooze suggested that one, is it worth buying? ((( cant rent becuase place around here suck )))

Thats cool, would have been neat if you got to see scenes from the new Amityville H-O-R-R-O-R.

trevorjk
01-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Thats cool, would have been neat if you got to see scenes from the new Amityville H-O-R-R-O-R.

ok ok i get it now... my fingers just hit the keyboard way to fast... so they just hit random vowels ;)

OysterBoy
01-20-2005, 06:05 PM
hehe, sorry, just wanted to prod you into submission..

spazzed
01-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Yes, HorrOr movies are very cool.. everyone enjoys a good HORROR movie.

2005 looks like a good HORROR film year (Boogeyman, White Noise, Hide and Seek, Amityville HORROR, etc)

White Noise. Heh. Noone, and I mean NOONE waste your money on this movie. It sucks. And that's coming from someone who loves horror flicks of all types, even the crappy ones.

Now speaking of Japanese horror flicks. Audtion, anyone seen it? I hear it's awesome, but I haven't gotten my hands on it yet.

psychobillygoat
01-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Net flix has Audition - It's on my list, so I should be seeing next week sometime. It looks really good.

........ and White Noise did disapoint. :cuss:

trevorjk
01-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Net flix has Audition - It's on my list, so I should be seeing next week sometime. It looks really good.

........ and White Noise did disapoint. :cuss:

Audition does look intrigueing(sp) so keep me posted... and anyone that really likes movies that scare could have told you White Noise looked like it was going to suck

MiniSpdRcr
01-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Japanese horror flicks rule...well and maybe the German one called Nekromantic (MOST SCREWED UP MOVIE EVER...but oh so great. They had a budget of 200 dollars, which makes for a better movie)

psychobillygoat
01-31-2005, 06:54 PM
finally checked out Audition - It was pretty good. Its worth seeing. Japenese girls scare me a little now. hehehe Also checked out another Japnaese movie- " Living Hell ". Now that was a weird movie!
I am become pretty fond of these Japanese Horror movies. I've gotten pretty bored with some of the american horror flicks that have come out the past couple of years. Looks like there are some to look forward to this year though.

warthog2t0
02-01-2005, 04:12 PM

i just got that dvd, has any one seen the hiden moives? there just a guy talking with a candle on the screen