PDA

View Full Version : so ive switched over to the dark side

Enemy
01-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Yes i did it, while argueing for drop fowards, i found alot of the comments compelling so i tried a small drop and it fit nicely so today while paying for paint for this weekends tourney i bought a cp rail and on/off. Let me tell you in just the few hours ive been totting around with this new setup i can honestly say i love it!! no longer does my elbow stick out into oblivion nor does my first finger twitch instead of walk!! this setup is amazing and i suggest everyone who plays with completly vertical bunkers to give it a shot the only draw back so far is that my marker grew in length bye atleast a good 4 inches!! im sorry its late and the digi is unavailable ill try for pics tomorrow of each setup so you can see the diff!!

Blazestorm
01-20-2005, 03:44 AM
The best.... :D

athomas
01-20-2005, 07:28 AM
I switched mine to just a bottom line over a year ago and love it. At first, it doesn't seem as tight, but once you get used to it it allows much quicker and more accurate movement of the gun.

yakitori
01-20-2005, 07:47 AM
I too switched from a big drop to a check it Unimount, and it did make the gun a bit longer, but not to the point that it is uncomfortable to hold. I like it setup that way too. It took a little getting used to, but I like it more now.

RRfireblade
01-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Damn.....

Lost another one. :(

White_Noise
01-20-2005, 09:14 AM
i still use a medium drop with a screw in tank, unless its on a my vertframe, i use the cp rail/on off on there. but i prefer using the dynaflows mounted directly to the grip frame. it doesnt make the marker as long as it would be with a screw in/unimount.

its all about how it feels, and what youre comfortable with. Can_Opener is one of my teammates/ college roommate. he still uses a huge drop on his rt, and has tried mine without and not liked it. i personally never had a large drop, i started with a medium, felt a guys rt with dynaflow and no drop and fell in love with it.

phantomhitman
01-20-2005, 09:36 AM
the only drop i have ever used is teh small ones, like 2 inch long, 1 inch down. uni mounts are hard to get used to, but well worth it after that. it does make it longer, but tighter in my opinion.

teufelhunden
01-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Been sayin it for a few years now :)

RRfireblade
01-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Been sayin it for a few years now :)

Stop spreading proproganda. "We're" losing enuff followers already. :)

teufelhunden
01-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh, yeah?

Well, drop forwards give you herpes!

JimmyBeam
01-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh, yeah?

Well, drop forwards give you herpes!
lol

seriously though, i love my rail drop. i havent looked back since i switched.

frop
01-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I have a kapp dz2 on my mag. :( or :p ? With my 88ci hyperflow, it's the only way I found to keep my gun under a mile long. :D

abunkerer
01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
makes the gun setup "shorter" too, so it lowers your profile. It never ceases to amaze me when I see people with tall guns (like bko's or imps) using these big drops, their gun setups are sometimes as tall as they are long...

Thordic
01-20-2005, 02:17 PM
I find I have a harder time aiming the gun and playing tight to the bunker when I don't use a drop.

I normally use a Shocktech drop on my mag, and when I played with Rob's hAir mag last year at IAO, which didn't have a drop, I felt awkward. It's all personal perference. Huge drops or those weird endo cradles screw me up even worse than no drop at all.

http://www.thordic.com/images/rogueneck1.jpg

GT
01-20-2005, 03:30 PM
wait till you try an angled rail, so sweet!

Creative Mayhem
01-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Personally, I LOVE drops. They place my gun at the perfect shooting position, and feel perfectly comfortable.

I have one problem though, I am getting a mag with a 90* frame and I don't know about my shooting position with a rail. I used Colin's mag with the 45* and rail and I thought it was awkward like Thor. But the 90* frame has a different profile, so it changes the feel, I just dont know which to choose for a 90* + 45/4.5K Apoc2K setup.

Enemy
01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
makes the gun setup "shorter" too, so it lowers your profile. It never ceases to amaze me when I see people with tall guns (like bko's or imps) using these big drops, their gun setups are sometimes as tall as they are long...

hehehe i call those doplar!! it looks espiecally funny with apaches on them too!

Enemy
01-20-2005, 04:33 PM
i loved my drop and ill admit it is easier to bunker with the taller shorter setup.. personally im putting the big drop on my mechs it just i dont need to shoot fast and i can near angle my hand downwards. with the electros though the rail put everything in great and ofcoarse my arm doesnt stick out a mile wide!! also im using an 88 4500 and it still feels good!!

tony3
01-20-2005, 04:59 PM
For everyone that has medium length drops, don't just jump to no rail. Ease into it. Get a smaller drop and eventually get a rail. After using no drop for 2 years I can say drops are the devil.

Enemy
01-20-2005, 05:37 PM
thats the huge drop!http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/16000/Picture_002_8135_rs.jpg and this is the rail setup
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/16000/Picture_001_8028_rs.jpg hosting thanks to jayloo please donate to keep jayloo alive!!

Blazestorm
01-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Plus it looks better :D

brianlojeck
01-20-2005, 06:12 PM
I cut the bottom arm off of a Palmer's "loop" stock, making it ... a #7, or an L basically, and I have my tank on a drop fitting inside of that.

works reall well, and the tank isn't slipping off my clothes, or taking pressure on the neck from me holding the gun

CKY_Alliance
01-20-2005, 09:20 PM
i gotta have a drop or my gun is a mile long

AGDlover
01-20-2005, 09:44 PM
ya i just put a CP unimount on my emag too i'm just wateing for my tank(sitting at pro shop wateing to be picked up after a long while from hydro) so i can mount it up

Evil1
01-21-2005, 03:05 AM
On my alias, I have a CP rail with an on/off that came stock on an orracle and it feels great. My IR3 has an old flame drop. It looks gay, but it feels right on the angel.

gc82000
01-21-2005, 06:41 AM
I dont know I need a drop in my mag, but with my Angel I only use a Unimount. Then again I have a 68 for my Mag and a 45 for my Angel.

maglover728
01-21-2005, 08:05 AM
I have you back on this one man, between my micro, my wife’s classic and my pump, we have more than enough drop and forward to cover this loss. In the end your comfort is all that matters though, right?

yakitori
01-21-2005, 09:09 AM
I lost the drop to remove the extra weight. If you hold the gun right w/ the unimount, you can squeeze into bunkers fine. Its all preference though.

I used to have a lapco drop that is suprisingly comfy. My brother uses it now. I also have a fbm thorn w/ on/off on a mag and its comfy too.

I can play either way, but w/ my emag, I prefer the unimount.