PDA

View Full Version : USPS question!!

Flow_Tech
01-20-2005, 10:56 AM
ok guys,if i bought something,and had the seller overnight,it would be here the next day correct?no matter what time it was shipped?i only ask because someone shipped me my gun yesterday overnight,and it was after the pick up cut off time and it was overnighted....LMK ASAP please!
Thanks.

Automaggot68
01-20-2005, 11:01 AM
ok guys,if i bought something,and had the seller overnight,it would be here the next day correct?no matter what time it was shipped?i only ask because someone shipped me my gun yesterday overnight,and it was after the pick up cut off time and it was overnighted....LMK ASAP please!
Thanks.

Im all of my experiences using overnight, or next day air shipping very rarely has it come the NEXT day. THese experiences probably differ from others, though.

i'm actually waiting for a timmy I just bought, and I gave him extra money for Next Day Air shipping/
I paid Tuesday, and I'm getting it today (Thursday).
Dont worry, it'll get there pretty fast regardless.

Steelrat
01-20-2005, 11:03 AM
It depends on the post office, but usually anything mailed after 3:00 PM will not be guaranteed to be there the next day. It probably wouldnt make it there until two days after it was sent.

rkjunior303
01-20-2005, 11:04 AM
In order for a package to be processed overnight, it needs to be sent before a specific time... If the shipper dropped off the package late, you'll get it the following day.

Flow_Tech
01-20-2005, 11:07 AM
thanks guys.

dahvaio
01-20-2005, 11:08 AM
If the package was picked up after the pick-up cut-off time.. then there is no guarantee

"Express Mail® items need to be mailed by a certain time for us to meet our delivery commitment. This is called the “drop-off” or “cut-off” time. You can still send the mailing after the drop-off time; however, the same service guarantee will not be available. For packages that must ship with next-day service, please contact your shipping facility to verify the cut-off time."

50 cal
01-20-2005, 11:18 AM
My wife works at the Post Office. It depends on where you are, urban-suburban location, where you are shipping to urban, suburban or rural if the package will get there next day.
If you try to get it next day and show up late on the day you try to ship, you better be in a hub or large city to get it there next day. If you are outlying area and try to ship next day, it may not make it till the 2nd day.

Banshee23
01-20-2005, 11:25 AM
No. USPS when using overnight does not always guarantee that it will get there the next day.

Hence why if you really need next day service you use UPS or FedEx. Guaranteed to get there next day and you can drop off until 9pm. And the tracking systems work alot better too :)

tony3
01-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Their tracking works A LOT better. USPS=speed UPS=good tracking

JoshK
01-20-2005, 05:08 PM
I sent via UPS after they picked up the stuff and it still got their the next day (this was using ground)...but then again it was only 6-8 hours away in the car.

SlipknotX556
01-20-2005, 05:13 PM
If he shipped it after 4:30pm, then it will take 2 days.

judster
02-11-2005, 11:13 PM
i think i can help ya out. as i am a mailman. if you can get the package mailed before noon there is a good chance that it will be there the next day. anything the post office gets in on their morning trucks(before the carriers leave on their routes) will go out that day, reguardless of next day or 2 day. if you look on the express paper work you will see there are places for next day delivery and 2nd day. make sure the window cleark checks next day. what happens alot is express will come on the later trucks when the carriers are out on their routes and there is no one to attempt a delivery, so it will not go out till the next day. also here another tidbit of info. the post office delivers express packages on sunday at no extra charge. there is usually a lone poor soul that has to work on sunday to make these deliveries(usually its me)
however, there are some places that the package just will not get to by the next day, and the cleark should be able to tell you that when she rings you up. reguardless, im sure all this is a moot point by now, but just thought i would chime in... :D

FireITup14
02-11-2005, 11:37 PM
ok i got a question about USPS too, not trying to steal the thread here or anything i just didnt want to make another one. How much does it cose to ship from michigan to Canada?