quik
01-20-2005, 11:57 AM
That makes me want to be a cheerleader.

Thordic
01-20-2005, 12:01 PM
It makes me want to throw little girls.

gimp
01-20-2005, 12:01 PM
hahaha all the guys are all excited. The chick is like, 'ow, my head'.

Thordic
01-20-2005, 12:02 PM
hahaha all the guys are all excited. The chick is like, 'ow, my head'.

Yeah, even funnier than the fact they threw her through the hoop is the fact shes holding her head and probably nursing a concussion while they whoop it up and smack each others asses.

PissedGodzilla
01-20-2005, 12:24 PM
honestly, is that for real? that was mighty dangerous to do if she screwed it up.

Thordic
01-20-2005, 01:28 PM
honestly, is that for real? that was mighty dangerous to do if she screwed it up.

I have no clue. I agree though, if that was for real, and she screwed it up, she'd be in for a whole lot of hurt.

I tend to think its fake, for while I can easily see a bunch of guys doing this, there is no way any female would agree.

Big'n slo
01-20-2005, 01:42 PM
I doesn't look like the hoop ever moves, if she clocked her head on it more than the net would be moving.

I wouldn't mind throwing her around a little :D

OysterBoy
01-20-2005, 01:58 PM
I actually belive it IS real; as she sets upt to do it; you can see obvious panic / nervousness on her face (Watch it again), and the net DOES in fact move, although not a whole lot as her head 'ricochets', almost, off of the inside of the net.

Either way, it is a cool clip.

brianlojeck
01-20-2005, 02:08 PM
and remember... a regulation net is IRON (IIRC), and is strong enough to hold Shaq up during a dunk. I doubt a little 90lb cheerleader would deflect it much...

I'd bet it's real, and I'd bet they are all really really stupid. ;-)

Kevmaster
01-20-2005, 02:10 PM
theres no way its real...but still funny none the less

teufelhunden
01-20-2005, 02:48 PM
and remember... a regulation net is IRON (IIRC), and is strong enough to hold Shaq up during a dunk. I doubt a little 90lb cheerleader would deflect it much...

I'd bet it's real, and I'd bet they are all really really stupid. ;-)

Steel. And the rim's do breakaway.. they're spring loaded so they can move and not snap off. Oh, and Shaq has broken his share of rims and backboards..

brianlojeck
01-20-2005, 02:55 PM
(the rims are) Steel

well, if steel = iron + <10% other stuff, then I was >90% right. ;-)

. And the rim's do breakaway... they're spring loaded...Shaq has broken his share

all true, but consider the force involved. she hit a glancing blow (or she'd be dead most likely), and is obviously a tiny girl. That's very little force actually transfered to the basket.

a spring that can be strong enough to not flop around when 200+lb Kobe or 300+lb Shaq dunk isn't going to notice a tiny cheerleader. Shaq has broken his share of nets and backboards and even hydraulic lifts, but consider how many times he's dunked WITHOUT breaking something. that's still a whole lot of pressure on the rim.

Big'n slo
01-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Hmmm

http://home.comcast.net/~jeffreykier/Idoubtit.jpg

brianlojeck
01-20-2005, 03:46 PM
sorry... I failed "Interpreting fuzzy pictures 101"... was the Hmmm something for or against it being real?

rkjunior303
01-20-2005, 03:49 PM
there is a movie coming out, based on cheerleaders, etc. this is no doubt a promo for that..... it caaaan't be real.. I mean, remember th powerade commericals with Mike Vick, etc... Sure, it LOOKED real but......

teufelhunden
01-20-2005, 03:53 PM
well, if steel = iron + <10% other stuff, then I was >90% right. ;-)

all true, but consider the force involved. she hit a glancing blow (or she'd be dead most likely), and is obviously a tiny girl. That's very little force actually transfered to the basket.

a spring that can be strong enough to not flop around when 200+lb Kobe or 300+lb Shaq dunk isn't going to notice a tiny cheerleader. Shaq has broken his share of nets and backboards and even hydraulic lifts, but consider how many times he's dunked WITHOUT breaking something. that's still a whole lot of pressure on the rim.

The rims do flop around when they're dunked on. Hell, when I dunk I flop the rim around and I'm 100 pounds short of Shaq. They're supposed to go down to minimize wrist/hand injury as well as prevent them from snapping.

SAW
01-20-2005, 03:56 PM
sorry... I failed "Interpreting fuzzy pictures 101"... was the Hmmm something for or against it being real?
If you look, the rim is visible through the cheerleader's head...

Big'n slo
01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
there is a movie coming out, based on cheerleaders, etc. this is no doubt a promo for that..... it caaaan't be real.. I mean, remember th powerade commericals with Mike Vick, etc... Sure, it LOOKED real but......

http://www.pumpupthemovie.com

Its also a game!

weeeee

Thordic
01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
If you look, the rim is visible through the cheerleader's head...

If she went through the hoop, youd see the rim as she is IN the hoop. Duh?

SAW
01-20-2005, 04:14 PM
If she went through the hoop, youd see the rim as she is IN the hoop. Duh?
Through her neck? :rolleyes:

OysterBoy
01-20-2005, 04:15 PM
..but it ISNT thru her neck.

SAW
01-20-2005, 04:17 PM
To Clarify....

SAW
01-20-2005, 04:18 PM
..but it ISNT thru her neck.
Just my opinion from looking at a rather grainy photo. If you can do better, be my guest.

Thordic
01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
I would wager if its real, thats the part where she smacked her head on the rim.

SAW
01-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Agreed. The photo isn't clear enough to tell whether she hit her head / if the shoot is fake.

OysterBoy
01-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Well, to me it looks as though the back of her neck / head (cerrebellum area... ouch) is just making contact with the rim, her head is bent inwardly well enough, minus that 1 inch.. ouch. I've been hit real good in that area by steel (dont ask), and its the most exquisite kind of pain; your entire back-head fills with heat, you get dizzy.. I love it.

/rant

Onryou
01-20-2005, 05:19 PM
the key to whether its real or not, IMO, lies in these two frames. if you follow the direction she is rotating, i believe, her back would have to move through the left side of the rim. Apart from that, why wouldn't her ponytail or nose get caught anywhere in the lower portion of the net?

OysterBoy
01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
The frame to the right, if taken from the clip (not accusing you of tampering) would absolutely tell it was faked. Had I not seen that, I would have (and did) said it could have been real.

Now to find a chunk of metal and a volunteer.. warm liquid-brain sensation, here I come!

Eric Cartman
01-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Real or not, that was way cool!

Nothing conclusive, but some very good freeze frames and discussion on this link:
http://www.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=60;t=000813;p=1

Onryou
01-20-2005, 06:34 PM
thats the exact frame that Big'n slo posted, but i included the clip just prior to it. Untampered. Its flash movie so all you have to do is right-click and uncheck play, then you can go through it clip by clip using the forward and back options on the same right-click menu.

BobTheCow
01-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Does anybody do the French thing?

A proscrire

Avec les jeunes filles à forte poitrine

Carte son et ADSL fortement conseillés

Une sélection François Ravaillac ;-))

Free translators suck:
To prohibit

With the girls to strong chest

Card his and strongly advised ADSL

A selection François Ravaillac; -))

maglover728
01-21-2005, 08:36 AM
We could have saved the government so damn much money it the warren administration had just give AO the Zabruter fill of the Kennedy Assassination. lol