PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Canada.

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 03:52 PM
If I'm shipping a paintball gun to Canada, what the hell do I have to do for them to accept it? Fed Ex, UPS, and the post office will NOT send it, because they make me open it and show them what's inside, after a while of inspecting, they declare it a gun, and won't let me send it...I know a BUNCH of people here have done it in the past, so what the hell do I have to do?

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Anyone? It's a bit of an urgent issue...

Yogster
01-20-2005, 04:14 PM
First off your reffering it as a GUN call it a paintball marker.Soon as most couriers and delivery services see the word GUN they get scared and don't want anything to do with it.

If you try that it should be ok.Good Luck.

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Sending it AS a paintball marker. They open it, up, see trigger, body, etc., and freak out.

Do I have to 100% take it apart and put it in different bags to send it across?

Creative Mayhem
01-20-2005, 04:17 PM
List as a paintball marker or paintball parts. Take it apart if you can. Taht will definatelt help... even if you take the triggerframe off.

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Okay, I'll try that tomorrow...I figured I probably should have taken it apart. I can't really easily get the valve off the body though, so that'll have to stay connected, but I can take it out and lead the cord into another bag -.-

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 04:31 PM
They say that they WILL NOT take anything that fires a projectile. So wtf is up? Have any of you shipped from USA to Canada since 9/11? Wtf am I supposed to do?

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Anyone that's on right now have any idea?

Banshee23
01-20-2005, 04:55 PM
K, always use USPS for shipping to Canada. I've sold 3 markers to people over there so far. Keep the listed value under $50 to avoid tax/duties. Cost has always been under $20 total with insurance. UPS & FedEx are way more expensive options by far, & not really any quicker. Fastest I had a marker arrive with USPS to Canada was two days :) Mark the customs form as Paintball equipment, or you could technically mark it sports equipment. If your local PO keeps giving you trouble go to another one. Just make sure the barrel isn't attached in case they x-ray it or something. I've never had any troubles shipping over the border before, and definately never had someone make me open a package to show the contents. Are you filling out the customs forms yourself? I just don't understand why everyone is giving you so much trouble :confused:

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Well, my father did it. I'm sure as hell he said "Gun" at some point in time.

Banshee23
01-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah, using the word "Gun" or anything closely associated to it is definately a no no :nono: Try again tomorrow, possibly at a different PO as they yours might remember details from the day before.

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Or just go with my mom instead, completely take the trigger frame and the sort off, and try it that way.

SlipknotX556
01-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Heres what you do, pack the marker into the box, bring it to the PO. Make sure the package is all taped up and everything, the PO CAN NOT open your package, they will ask you if there is something explosive or stuff like that inside the box, thats all. If they ask you whats inside, just say a mask and a harness or something.

InZaneFlea
01-20-2005, 05:43 PM
I plan on going tomorrow with parents to do it...Make sure they don't f' it up. Father is trying to get me to go get a money order and send it back. I swear to god he doesn't want me to do this.

athomas
01-21-2005, 08:04 AM
I get paintball equipment and markers shipped in and out of Canada al the time. There is never a problem. USPS is definately the best method. I never mark "gun" anywhere on the package though, just to avoid someone at customs or the post office wanting to open it.

maglover728
01-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Peoples ignorance pisses me off some times. I am sorry this was such a headache! Not my fault but I sympathize.

Deep Sixx
01-21-2005, 10:15 AM
If I'm shipping a paintball gun to Canada, what the hell do I have to do for them to accept it? Fed Ex, UPS, and the post office will NOT send it, because they make me open it and show them what's inside, after a while of inspecting, they declare it a gun, and won't let me send it...I know a BUNCH of people here have done it in the past, so what the hell do I have to do?

I have NEVER heard of that before. Ever. Both myself and my teammates have all send and received all manner of gear over the Canada/US border without issue. We've used USPS, FedEx and UPS... besides being raped by UPS by fees, there's never been a problem. Packages have even been opened and inspected with no problems. Markers, tanks, bodies, parts, masks... you name it, we've shipped it.

sixx