PDA

View Full Version : FIRST Robotics

WenULiVeUdiE
01-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Does anyone else here participate in FIRST Robotics? FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is an organization that puts on robotics competitions for high schools. We get 6 weeks to design and build a robot that is designed to play the given game. No, this is not battlebots. I am on the Mechanical subteam. We build and aid in the design of the robot.

Our team site is www.roboraiders.com We are currently adding new information to it. So if anyone has any feedback or comments on it, please let me know.

Also, is anyone else going to Nationals in Atlanta this year? It should be alot of fun.

mikey101
01-20-2005, 10:24 PM
very cool stuff man, i wish my school did something like this, but our tech department is pretty poor. gotta give props to whoever created your site too, that's some spiffy flash work. Good luck with the project and report back once you have held the competition.

Bad_Dog
01-20-2005, 11:12 PM
I am the president of the robotics club at my high school. This year we serously looked into joining the FIRST competition but due to lack of organization it wasnt a posability for this season...

We do hold the SE Wisc Robotics Expo at our school every year now though where a Lego Mindstorms challenge is held... pretty cool if ya ask me.

Unfortunatly this is my senior year in HS though so I'll never be able to participate in FIRST :cry: