PDA

View Full Version : New rail design - Need opinions

CoolHand
01-20-2005, 11:02 PM
OK, been kicking around a few RTP rail designs for a while. This one I'm calling the Interceptor, 'cause it reminds me of those new fangled flying machines.

Here we go -

From the top (In 2D):
http://www.logicpaintball.com/InterceptorRailProto2D.jpg

Few tilted views:
http://www.logicpaintball.com/InterceptorRailProto3D1.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/InterceptorRailProto3D2.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/InterceptorRailProto3D3.jpg

From the side:
http://www.logicpaintball.com/InterceptorRailProto3D4.jpg

From the top (In 3D):
http://www.logicpaintball.com/InterceptorRailProto3D5.jpg

They will be done from AGD slugs, so no questions about tolerances, etc.

Let me know what you think.

trevorjk
01-20-2005, 11:42 PM
it has potential, but i dont like wings :(

t33kyboy
01-21-2005, 12:12 AM
I like the design, i have to say its better then some other designs i have seen... But i think the BEST rail was your first design for the RTP rail. Dont know if you still offer it but curves are SEXY :headbang:

AnArchist_1944
01-21-2005, 12:16 AM
I think its H:wow:T

RRfireblade
01-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Don't like it, sorry. :(

Looks like a Kayak. :D

CoolHand
01-21-2005, 12:35 AM
I like the design, i have to say its better then some other designs i have seen... But i think the BEST rail was your first design for the RTP rail. Dont know if you still offer it but curves are SEXY :headbang:

Yeah, that's totally doable (actually done).

But, since its already done, and I know people already like them, I'm not gonna spend a bunch of time to remodel and post them.

They will be available too.

CoolHand
01-21-2005, 12:37 AM

Well, if it rolls over and sinks, we'll know why. :rofl:

minimagjim
01-21-2005, 12:37 AM
i like it but its too common looking, nothing like :wow:

So id say it would sell, its cool to see all these rails coming out, i am going to be in the look out for one soon. Is the way its cut allow for a warp? I would guess so, i do like that though. I have a warp and would like to not carve and slaughter my rail. I want something sleak, not too wingy but have character and ofcourse allow for warp.

RRfireblade
01-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Well, if it rolls over and sinks, we'll know why. :rofl:

Probably cause of the big hole in the bottom....or the fact that it's WAY to small for my butt.

It's not that bad tho, maybe look better on a gun, IDK.

(omnicron,omnicron.....or what ever the heck it was called)

CoolHand
01-21-2005, 01:34 AM
. . . . (omnicron,omnicron.....or what ever the heck it was called)

Omicron. :rofl:

"This concept of 'wuv' confuses and infuriates us!" - Lrrr, ruler of Omicron Persei 8.

It may make a comeback as well. But I'm not done with it yet.

:ninja:

TheTramp
01-21-2005, 02:19 AM
I love it.

Unfortunatly I'm not going to spend another bundle of cash on something that is only for show.

I've got a ULE rail from Tuna on my gun and a stock E-Mag rail sitting in my extra bag.

I'd trade both for that new rail but I'm sure I couldn't sell them for enough $ to buy it.

Bummer.

edit: I wish there was a poll choice that said: I like it but it'll only sell to those looking to upgrade from stock or the crazies who change there gun because they have money to burn.

maglover728
01-21-2005, 02:44 AM
looks good but what wold it cost?

space_weazel_45
01-21-2005, 05:32 AM
i like it but i have been looking for something that kind of blends in to a ule body, to smooth out the transition, and i at least think that would look great.
anyone else?

CoolHand
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
OK, mixed reviews, I'm glad to see all the feedback.

What kind of price range would you guys have to see to make it attractive?

I'm not going to say what I have in mind, because this is PBTalk, and I don't want to post again in the dealer's forum. I'd like to know what you all have in mind.

Be on the lookout for a couple more of these threads in the coming weeks.

Thanks for stopping by.

trevorjk
01-21-2005, 01:24 PM
realistically for a custom milled rail like yours in a vareity of base colors (blue red black blah blah) i would expect somewhere from $50-$75 for a rail such as the one in the thread and many other rails that your sure to pass by us. but if your looking for a selling price where you may actually sell the product i would say about $40. thats my 2 cents at least

but on a side note... how comes we dont mill inwards? such as the Dye Autocker and how they removed the metal inbetween the bolt and the valve area. to me that would be incredible if there was a rail where you could see right through... cuase the way im looking at it isyou could lose about an inch from the back of the rail.youve got about an inch gap that you could mill all the way through from the sides from the front screw to where the sear goes. and from there you have options to mill inwards about half a centimeter. personally id love inward milling far more then any outward milling and in my eyes this is VERY feasable with out ruining any tolerances

MTU Paintball
01-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Coolhand,
I think you should make a no nonsense all-in-one rail. This rail would fit E and mech mags (foregrip and battery acceptor). Features would include milling for an ace, notch for a warp body, no wings, no sight rail holes, no jewel slot, and mill the heck out of it. I’m talking absolute lowest possible weight to the point that it rides all the safety factors. I’m a mechanical engineer at Michigan Tech and the saying we have is “form follows function.” I think most serious players recognize weight loss is much more of an advantage then elaborate milling or anodized to every color under the sun.

Hexis
01-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Can you do a simple rendering with more parts on it, so we can see it in context? I like the general idea. Clean lines like the ULE body.

JoshK
01-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Omicron. :rofl:

"This concept of 'wuv' confuses and infuriates us!" - Lrrr, ruler of Omicron Persei 8.

It may make a comeback as well. But I'm not done with it yet.

:ninja:

Haha...that show has some of the best quotes. I like it...but i just dont like rails. You need to make a rail that looks like its part of a ule body...

MiniSpdRcr
01-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I like it...but I think the cut in the middle is a bit too deep...thats my opinion.

TMAXXKING1
01-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Don't like it, sorry. :(

but i wasnt thinking kayak .. i was thinking the females would want to know where do the batteries go.....bbzbzzzz

CoolHand
01-22-2005, 01:17 AM
but i wasnt thinking kayak .. i was thinking the females would want to know where do the batteries go.....bbzbzzzz

:wow:

What kind of pr0n do you watch? :rofl:

To me, it looks a little midevil for use on the unmentionables. :spit_take

:cheers:

stoupa
01-22-2005, 04:37 AM
I see that every new rail from Coolhand or Rogue has a slot in the front instead of holes. How tightly does it hold the foregrip (or VA)? Doesn't it get loose after some time?

CoolHand
01-22-2005, 08:25 AM
I see that every new rail from Coolhand or Rogue has a slot in the front instead of holes. How tightly does it hold the foregrip (or VA)? Doesn't it get loose after some time?

Depends on how tight you cinche down the fasteners, and whether you put thread locker on them or not. If you loctite them, and torque them down good, it never moves.

Its just like any other fastener, if you use threadlocker, its not going anywhere.

SAW
01-22-2005, 09:45 AM
I like it, It would sell.