PDA

View Full Version : Timmy or speed (05)

acopp
01-21-2005, 12:55 AM
should I buy a Timmy (most likley alias) or an Angel 2k5 speed?

thanks

:wow: Tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyeballs :wow:

magman007
01-21-2005, 01:40 AM
um... this is a decision you must make on your own. the angel wil be outdated sooner though. Vs threads dont help you, nor us. its al about what you like

abunkerer
01-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Id get the Alias, they are all around better guns.

THought about a DM5? I suggest the DM over anything out there right now, you can get a dm4 for less money than a speed or intimidator & you will be a lot happier with it. they are great guns, light, break beam eye, the bolt force is adjustable through the LPR and they are efficient now with Evolve...not to mention all the new upgrades and boards/chips coming out like the mushashi from tadao.

-try before you buy, good luck! :cheers:

Conversekidz
01-21-2005, 02:21 AM
Get a Freestyle

Evil1
01-21-2005, 02:39 AM
I am the kind of guy that is never happy with any gun I own, but since I've had my alias since this past summer, I haven't wanted another gun since getting my alias. It is everything I need. It is very very fast, its accurate, efficient and very light, and reliable. I'm fortunate enough that I can usually afford to get a new gun if I wanted one, but like I said, the alias is definitely my favorite gun I've ever owned. The only complaint I have about timmies is that they feel like a crappy gun when you hold it, but they look and perform well. Angels are definitely built better than a timmy, but I don't think an angel could outperform one. I own an angel IR3 and that is cool too, but I like my alias alot more.

nastymag
01-21-2005, 02:52 AM
i would check out the all the guns you are intrested in and see how they feel and shoot. dont take our word for it.

the O5 speed is insane, the trigger is great, its light has great effiency and has killer looks.

Evil ...comparing the the ir3 to the alias is like comparing the o5 speed to an 2k2 timmy with SOB board. the new angels are amazing ( i love all angels , but the new ones are awosome).

mixwell2
01-21-2005, 02:58 AM
Shoot both and get the one that feels better to YOU.
All things considered these guns will perfom basically the same. It is all about how they feel to you. I can only tell you to consider the following when making your decision
1. Feel...ie weight and balance.
2. Shots per tank...assuming you will use the same tank. A back player would want more.
3. Feel.
4. Pricing
5. If it really matters alot looks.

Good Luck.

gc82000
01-21-2005, 05:39 AM
hey get both :D
Here is what you might be looking for:
Weight: both are light
looks: both are able to get you laid (till you take off your mask :p ) J/K, then maybe not I dont know you
accesories: ecxept for barrels, on/offs, loaders, and tanks. there is nothing else these guns need
Price: angel 05 speed = >1k
Timmy 05's = < 1.2k

wait what am I saying get an angel
WHY CAUSE I SAID SO

tyrion2323
01-21-2005, 10:57 AM
If you're interested in Intimidators, I can hook you up with AIM equipment for a good price =)

JimmyBeam
01-21-2005, 01:45 PM
i love how the new speeds come with the 45* frame, they are looking good.

but i'd probly still get a timmy.

GT
01-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I am really thinking about a timmy as well. Angels are just as nice timmy's really personal prefrence. If you plan to only keep it for a few months, i.e. gun whore, niether has great resale.

68magOwner
01-21-2005, 03:46 PM
i have owned neither, but, teammate has owned both, he prefered the alias, i prefered the speed, gonna have to shoot them yourself and find out

xXHavokXx
01-21-2005, 03:50 PM
For the love of God and all things holy...GET THE ANGEL.

SAW
01-21-2005, 04:29 PM
I've shot a '05 Speed, great marker. I would buy one in a second if given the opportunity.

mag88888
01-21-2005, 04:46 PM
i know that your just looking for thoughts from people but..... if it really comes down to it, dont let anyone tell you to spend 1000 bucks on something that you might not even like. definitely try them and see. good luck.

B.A.M.
01-21-2005, 05:04 PM
For the love of God and all things holy...GET THE ANGEL.
ditto. I personly like the speeds trigger as aposed to the timmy's but thats just me. Get which one you like cuz both are great guns.

JimmyBeam
01-21-2005, 06:02 PM
decisions.......decisions......

http://images.actionvillage.com/inc/images/large/010-151-0032.jpg?qlt=100&wid=175&cvt=jpg
http://images.actionvillage.com/inc/images/large/010-200-0054.jpg?qlt=100&wid=175&cvt=jpg

Conversekidz
01-21-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't like the milling on the timmies. :tard:

hAppy
01-21-2005, 09:39 PM
My experience with the older models of Angels and Timmies, I am leaning towards the new Angels. I'd say Timmies are easier to shoot and lighter. But since Angels have reintroduced the 45 frames, that makes it even, I never had a feel for space frames. Timmies are starting to go downhill when it comes to cosmetics, all the millings are getting weak. Whereas the Angel has a cleaner look, it speaks more "hey I'm not here to look pretty I'm here to kick butt!" Both are good quality, the Angel has a "simpler" internal setup, it's less likely you'd screw something up when you strip it down than compared to the Timmies.

Go with the 05 Speed 45 frame version! :headbang:

fire1811
01-21-2005, 09:55 PM
i have shot both and both have there good points.

personally i like the looks of the 05 speed but i like how the timmy shoots.

so i pick timmy

ilovemags2
01-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Wait for the angel G7, it's supposed to be BAD!

matmc89
01-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Ok, I can deff help, my last gun was 05 now i have an alias.
The speed was FFAST, and accurate, less maintenance.
Alias is fast, not as fast as speed though,its accurate, nevver chops, and fairly easy to keep running.

Either would be a really good choice, I use alias becasuse of size andweight though

JimmyBeam
01-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Wait for the angel G7, it's supposed to be BAD!

ok this is the low down
wdp has released the info and has a prototype in s/d of the new g7.the new gun will be avail. the beginning of 05.(JANUARY OR FEB.)
the gun has been in development for quite some time, the desicion to show the gun was only decided today at about 10 am. the specs of the gun are as follows
lighter hammer. different valve system that allows faster rate of fire, no kick, visable lazer eyes, even faster eye logic software (faster than 3.7) 4.8 rechargable battery that is smaller than existing 4.8v batery.the gun has a very low rear profile as the 14 way is mounted sideways for added room to remove more body mass.this makes for a very light body.more info as we can tell you.. dont you hate when we do this???

heres more
14 way is side mounted to allow lower profile. same trigger system that is used on speed05, rubber grip pannels on front of mini reg & on the front of the gripframe. on the back of the ram there is a leaver that is used to open the breach rather than a pull pin.the eye will be retrofittable going back into all previous eye versions

sounds cool

acopp
01-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Id love to go out and shoot the guns but they cost more than the feild i play at :cry: