PDA

View Full Version : ULT and Trigger Rod Length

undescriptive
01-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Hi...

just got my ULT today, and I have installed it fine...

however, I have shimmed the ULT to 5 shims and now my trigger rod is touching (almost - a hairs width away) the trigger on my intelliframe.

would it be OK to make the rod a little shorter as at the moment, if I even rest my finger on the trigger it hisses at me.... :cry:

but other than that, I can shoot a good 6bps faster with the ULT in (on my RT) with no sweetspotting (a good thing! :p ) but it's got as much reactivity as the stock on/off running from a preset 800-850 tank...

and I'm about to embark on installing the ULT into my other halfs Classic/AIR (I ordered 4 extra LVL10 shims for hers and I'm starting the tuning @ 4 Lvl10 and 2 ULT shims and we'll see from there!) :dance:

AnArchist_1944
01-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Rule #1: Never Ajust Trigger Rod.

unless you have the equiptment handy to measure it back to exactly where it was oh and if you ajust it and something breaks down AGD wont warentee it.

Titansu
01-21-2005, 10:11 AM
4 Lvl10 and 2 ULT shims

Shouldn't it be the other way around?? :confused: I guess it depends on your setup, but WOW!! 4 LVL 10 shims!

Check BlackVCG's stick on the Tech Forum:

Tolerance Specifications - E-Mag - RT-Pro - Minimag/Automag - Level 10

E-Mag:

On/Off pin: .712" w/ brass top and double o-ring top.
.725" w/ aluminum top and single o-ring top.

Trigger Rod: 2.125"

Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

RT-Pro:

On/Off Pin: .765"

Trigger Rod: 1.985"

Retro Valve/X-Valve/Classic RT:

On/Off Pin: .750"

Automag Classic/Minimag:

On/Off Pin: .750"

Trigger Rod: 1.985"

Level 10:

Bolt stem: 2.010"

undescriptive
01-21-2005, 10:40 AM
I know you _shouldn't_ change the trigger rod length, but when putting 5 ULT shims in my RT it moves the trigger rod right onto the back of the trigger, making it hiss - EVEN if the SAFTEY is on!

I have a set of calipers if I need to change the rod back - but I was only going to back it in by about 1/16" just so there is a little bit of play in it...

trains are bad
01-21-2005, 11:46 AM
I suggest you forget everything people say about adjusting the trigger rod, and just adjust it so that there is a bit of slack between it and the trigger, with whatever setup you have. I remember having to adjust my trigger rod when I went back and forth between the ULT and RT. Really, as long as there is slack it's no big deal.

undescriptive
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Cheers trains :)

just what I needed to hear :headbang:

my mag is nearly complete....

just need a Karta and a RPG Frame now! (and prehaps a Lvl 10 - but I couldn't be arsed to set it up!)

robb2269
01-24-2005, 04:54 PM
do you have a x-valve or rt valve? because the ult is not going to work as well in a classic or minnimag valve. just asking. i think it can be done but not as reliable.

undescriptive
01-24-2005, 07:03 PM
got an RT and Classic....

Got a ULT in both, the classic still short strokes a lot, but I think I just need more shims - got 13ULT in there @ the moment

oh and some trigger stops :P

however, I think part of it is to do with the fact that it isn't an AGD triggerframe, it's a PTP one....

as soon as I get an RPG Chimera, I'll move my I-Frame over to the classic.....