PDA

View Full Version : New to paintball and AO

mike n ike 4588
01-21-2005, 09:42 AM
hey im new to paintball a couple of my friends are into to paintball and im intersted in playing and getting a gun if anyone has any commits or suggestions that would help i could use any pointers givvin and i would apprecite any and everything i can recieve thanks

gimp
01-21-2005, 11:35 AM
hey im new to paintball a couple of my friends are into to paintball and im intersted in playing and getting a gun if anyone has any commits or suggestions that would help i could use any pointers givvin and i would apprecite any and everything i can recieve thanks

You can't even use basic grammer skills. I don't think you should be playing with paintball guns yet. You might shoot your eye out.

Bolter
01-21-2005, 11:45 AM
You can't even use basic grammer skills. I don't think you should be playing with paintball guns yet. You might shoot your eye out.

Welcome to AO :)

please ignore gimp, he can't even spell grammar.

How far do you want to go in paintball? Tournies or just for fun or big games/scenario?

gimp
01-21-2005, 11:55 AM
hahaha, whoops. Grammar. I'm an idiot. I was just joking around, welcome to AO. :D

wanna-b-ballin'
01-21-2005, 01:41 PM
well, dont keep your elbos and stuff poking out from the side of a bunker, they make good targets.
keep an eye on where your hopper is when you are leaning out the side of a bunker, dont have it 3 feet out in the open, its an easy shot.
dont pop out over the top of the bunker and shoot, unless its a snapshot and the other dude is not expecting it.

for woodsball-
dont yell and shoot alot, you gotta be sneeky, shoot when you know you can hit someone.
unless you are weird and crazy like me, dont wear bright orange and yellow and red tye-die out on the field. people give you weird looks and its easier for them to see you.
always see them first.

those are just the basics. you will catch on to the other ideas by instinct, or reading here on the forums....

welcome to paintball.
:dance:

JoshK
01-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Allways know were people are...dont keep your attention on one, or two people. Pay attention to the whole field (this pertains more to speedball...but it could help out in woodsball too!)

This is the biggest mistake that I made...an I didnt do it only once. :p ...but i never had anyone tell me this, and could have helped me alot.

FromTheBack
01-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I would have to say good advice that you yourself will learn fast is that you have to be aggresive to win the game, unless it is your role to stay behind and cover or watch for flanking. ( in both the woods and speedball) Also communication is very key on the speedball field, if you see someone, let your friends know, especially if you are the back player because most the time the front guys cant get up and look around because they are taking fire. Besides that always have a fun time playing and as nerdy as it sounds, keep your mask on when you need to. Especially in those backyard games with your friends, because the last thing you need is to lose an eye :D
Welcome to paintball and enjoy man!!

Magaman
01-21-2005, 02:45 PM
please ignore gimp, he can't even spell grammar.

Hahahahahahahahaha..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hahahahahahahahahha

Nice...

Yes, welcome to AO.

How much cash are you looking to spend to start out with? (Cash for Gear) That way we can help you find a gun and some gear that will work best for you in your price range.

NIghtStalker001
01-21-2005, 03:02 PM
My advice would be,Visit your local field and watch.Take notice to how people that have been playing for a while move,communicate,shoot all that. Practicing helps too. If you want to learn how to make moves and get people out dont be afraid to try it. My first attempts at bunkering people were horrible but the more you try the better you get at it. also play against people better than you every chance you get.Its ok to suck for like your first 6 months so dont get discouraged.I think thats all for now.

JoshK
01-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I agree to watch people who have experiance. But you also have to learn to ignore people who act in bad ways. We have too many people like these, and I stinks when new players become like them. We don't need anymore. Watch people who act like sportsmen...not jerks. Even if they arnt quite as good as the bad sportsmenship people...they will leave a better impresion on you and your style.

mike n ike 4588
01-21-2005, 06:12 PM
hey guys im new to paintball i could use any pointers i can get i would like information on anything i can recieve any commits or help would be apprecituful thanks

B.A.M.
01-21-2005, 06:16 PM
First welcome to AO. Try reading the paintball talk and tech forum which has lots of good info. Also Warpig.com has a ton of articles on anything to your hearts content.

OysterBoy
01-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Don't beleive the hype, is my advice.

Unfortunately, AO's resident Spyder fanatic has stopped posting for a while.. I think..

But he could have told you what can be done with a blowback and balls.. paintballs too.. ;)
A Pirahna (PMI) or Spyder (Kingman) can do you well for a while; alot of it is mindset, if your always thinking "Man, that new gun came out, I better buy it or I'll suck", then you really won't have fun. Its much more productive to think "I took out 3 people with a gun which cost less then a weeks paycheck". Many people on here play Pump class, which is even harder; but some would say more fun.

Try out guns before you buy (if you can), and always remember; all guns shoot paint; go with what shoots paint the best and, more importantly, your comfortable with. If you want a flashy gun that still deserves its high price, try and find a used E/X-Mag, or even an RT Custom.

Have fun.

BobTheCow
01-21-2005, 07:33 PM
removed- Tato

tyrion2323
01-21-2005, 07:35 PM
My recommendation is to play a few times before deciding to buy a gun.

mike n ike 4588
01-22-2005, 12:21 AM
I think im gonna speed around 400 bucks on a gun I think I wanna get a mag. but im not sure and then ill get paintball pants and a jersey and then over a couple of months I would upgrade and buy myself new toys so prob for starters 400 for a gun and all the basics I would need if anyone is selling a gun plz let me know I think I would like to do torments with my friends who play paintball there pretty good so I hope that paintball is an unforgettable experience for me and if any one has a good price on a mag let me know

SpecialBlend2786
01-22-2005, 12:59 AM
hey dude, welcome to AO. I suggest you get a goggle system first, and gun second. I'll be putting up my minimag for sale sometime soon, if you're still looking for a gun at that time then i'll let you know:)

frontrunner
01-22-2005, 08:48 AM
welcome to Ao, they have summed everything up pretty wellbut i feel i'll add a few things. First ther are many games try a few alot of new guys seem to get stuck on airball without even trying woods or big games, i enjoy both but lately i've been have alot of fun in the wood with friends so do try more then just airball. I hope you have looked in to other markers, i think an Impulse or bushmaster may be in your range. with that said i love my mag and i has never let me down. If you need help with it you can find everything you need on this sitemost of the tech post here and there are tons of old "help me" threads to look at. I love my mag because it seems like its more tech then sex appeal. They are good looking guns but look into some of TK old post and you'll see what i mean. oh and like mentioned before get a good gogle system, you don't need the best but the cheap one suck they fog and if you can see the other guy you'll never hit him. hope this helps

SAW
01-22-2005, 09:07 AM
You can always trust a mag. In my experiences with Tippmann, Dye, and Angel; the Automag has always come out in the reliability dept. The JT masks are great entrance-level systems, try to get a Thermal lens. As for the tactics, hang out with experienced players, I'm sure they'll show you the ropes.
GL and welcome to AO!

player4
01-22-2005, 09:23 AM
a mag would be a great gun to start with, reliable, small, and more accurate then some lower ebd guns (spiders)

v-force also makes awesome goggles........IMO they are the easiest to play with because their lens is the clearest........might want to try the v-force shield

Trina
01-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey!! Welcome to AO!! :D Glad to hear you decided to stop by here first, it's a great place to learn about the game. When starting out, I have one recommendation...

Just have fun!!

Learn about all the technical stuff as you play more and get more experience. If you over think it, it may become overwhelming. Trust me, it won't take you long to learn how to play the field, how to keep yourself tucked in, how to move up the field, etc. The more you play, the quicker you learn.

If you want to spend around $400, the Tac 1 would be a great gun to start with. I love mine! It's reliable and fast enough to keep up with other guns on the field (after adding some shims to your trigger). But, the best way to find a good gun for you is to ask people at your local field if you can shoot theirs at the chrono and try them out for yourself. Get a good mask too! That's the most important...and an area where you should NOT be skimping.

Well, I hope to see you out there one day!! Get out and have fun...paintball is the COOOLEST!!! :headbang:

NewMagMan21
01-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Personally if I were you I'd buy a mask and then buy a Tigershark (Its a pump) It's always best to start by playing 2-4 games with a pump ( you learn survival skillz and just the basic tactics better). Try to spend more money on playing then your gun.
For info:
Pbreveiw.com for your info on just about everything ;)
Actionvilliage.com good place to buy stuff from (I like it best)
Warpig.com Good info site
Also possibly subscribe to Action Pursuit Games (its my favorite magazine)
You'll probably want to start in the woods. You gain a lot more tactical and game play skillz that you can aplly to speedball later.

Oh! And welcome to paintball its going to be a long expensive trip.... ;)

abunkerer
01-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Watch out for rip offs, do some research, it is the new guys that always get ripped off and find themselves asking "how do people afford to do this all the time?"
-buy used guns from here on A.O. you will probably be buying someones "baby" most people treat their guns better that theirselves

SpecialBlend2786
01-22-2005, 05:34 PM
-buy used guns from here on A.O. you will probably be buying someones "baby" most people treat their guns better that theirselves

yes, so true

corky07
01-22-2005, 09:53 PM
i have been paintballing for a year and i havent gotten bunkered yet but i would just remember when ur in a match that u need to keep ur elbows in toward ur body, wear gloves because it hurts really bad when u get hit in the hands when ur not wearing them, and try to remember that its just for fun! :bounce: :dance:

peewee
01-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abunkerer

No better than our wives.. :headbang:

dj89
01-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Welcome to AO

Get a mag ;)