PDA

View Full Version : stiffi kit with ULE body

knightlord
01-22-2005, 12:24 AM
hey guys.. I just bought my new Mag today.. won't have it for couple weeks..

but my problem is.. didn't think about it until i tested it..

the ULE bodies the barrel goes into the gun.. well i run the stiffi kit.. and it goes in far enough to where the sizer is past the point you can't grap it or anything.. and when it gets tight well that sizer stays there and makes life hard..

anyone know a fix for this.. besides buy a new barrel

evildead420
01-22-2005, 12:29 AM
you can either cut the Ule body like an RPG Exile Ule body. or you can buy one at www.themagsmith.com :ninja:

knightlord
01-22-2005, 12:31 AM
i'll look into it. i am going to deal with it for while since i just droped 900$ on the gun

Yogster
01-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Put an oring between your back and tip then tighten them up before putting them in.It will make it easier.

knightlord
01-22-2005, 12:47 AM
you know i didn't even think of that..

i will try that also.

purple
01-22-2005, 09:03 AM
i have a ccm kit, which is almost identical, and the holes also get lost inside the ULE body. The barel has an O ring on it's back that grips the sizer, but even then the sizer gets stuck inside the body. What i do is clean the threads with a rag, put the barrel back into the sizer, and push in HARD and twist. 99% it grabs the sizer on the first try. I wouldnt give up the Chipley for anything, it shoots darts on almost all paint. Hope this helps

Purple

CaliMagFan
01-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Put an oring between your back and tip then tighten them up before putting them in.It will make it easier.

this is the best solution that i have found... metals, especially aluminum like to bind to eachother when understress... basically like the threads of a barrel on the tap of the body...

thats why screws are stainless... well SS is also way stronger and harder, but its not elastic, so you can actually REMOVE bolts from time to time... good luck with your marker

-kyro

paintballer187
01-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I believe there are holes in the backs for a reason. You can insert an allen wrench through the back and just turn. The back should come right off. If you don't know what I mean just look at the backs without the front.

evo.end3R
01-22-2005, 10:54 AM
there are some orings, slightly larger than tank orings, you sohuld beable to get them form a pbshop, i had them in my spare parts kit..slide it over the threads of back, this way you can tighten down on it and not have to worry about it getting stuck, it works with my stiffi great

knightlord
01-22-2005, 01:19 PM
cool..

ya i was going to get a CCM kit.. but stiffi sent this to me free..

purple
01-23-2005, 12:01 AM
pballer187 must have never used a ccm/stiffi with a ULE because we wouldnt be having this discussion if the bodies didnt cover the holes up :rolleyes:

Purple

knightlord
01-23-2005, 12:04 AM
lol ya.. i just noticed that

paintballer187
01-24-2005, 12:16 AM
yes you're right i've never put a stiffi on a ULE.