PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ my 3 wheeler?

psychoreaper_666
01-22-2005, 11:52 AM
i have this 1981 Honda 185s three wheeler.
it has been acting really funny lately. last time i rode it, it stalled 3x for no reason. i don't have a pull starter on it so i tried to bomb (push) start it. when i started pushing it and put it into gear the tires just locked up and it slid to a stop. eventually my friend relized that i was no longer behind him and turned around. so he went behind me and pushed me with his 4 wheeler. but when i put it in gear it did the same thing. so we looked over it and couldn't find any thing wrong. so we sat there for 10min and discussed what to do. then i said we should try to start it again, when we did it fired right up. i was like what the :cuss: ! so we turned around and started home but on the way back it did it like 2 more times. when i got it home i told my dad what happened and he said it could be the oil pump making it overheat. is that that hard to change/fix? or would it be easier to take one of my friends up on the offer of a 1986(or newwer) Honda 250 sx big red for $50(it has a bent axle but he will give me a new one w/ it) i don't really want to spend much money right now.