PDA

View Full Version : HELP rc gas car wolnt accelerate

Invisibleman
01-22-2005, 01:14 PM
i have a gas powerd remote control car and when i try to use the throttle it doesent do anything can ne1 help me?

govnamac
01-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Make sure there is gas in it :D

Yogster
01-22-2005, 01:31 PM
check the servo ???

Invisibleman
01-22-2005, 01:35 PM
im lookin at the servo now but im not sure wat im lookin for

yes there is gas in it i can drive it just the throittle doesent work

dirty_canadian4894
01-22-2005, 01:40 PM
does anything happen when you pull the throttle? the carb could be letting to much gas through

Invisibleman
01-22-2005, 01:41 PM
no when i pull the throttle nothing happens but i can still turn it

Yogster
01-22-2005, 02:03 PM
servo's are little black boxes usally with a white disc and a rod attach to them exactly the same you use for your steering but there will be another one just for the throttle.

Invisibleman
01-22-2005, 02:06 PM
ok i found it and have taken it out how do i check to see if its broken or not?

Yogster
01-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Still keep it hooked up and try and pull on your pistol grip trigger with out it hooked up to the engine it should rotate back and fourth.To make sure it's not a battery problem and freqency problem with your controler communicating with your car try and turn the steering if the steering does work I would almost have to say you will have to replace the throttle servo or you might be lucky ans check the wires leading to it one might have broke.

Good Luck .

Invisibleman
01-22-2005, 02:36 PM
out i hooked it up and unhucked it from th engin when i pull the trigger it does nothing and i have checked the wires too they look fine i can still turn the wheels so the battery is ok it looks like i need a new servo grr thx for help yall

pputkowski
01-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Make sure the throtle servo is plugged into the receiver?

Invisibleman
01-22-2005, 03:19 PM
i checked ya its plugged in

skife
01-22-2005, 04:00 PM
sell the gas car and start with an electric, learn what your doing before you jump into gas stuff.

Invisibleman
01-22-2005, 05:18 PM
ha ive been driving electric cars since i was 4 yrs old i no how to drive them

Timmee
01-22-2005, 09:03 PM
If the servo arm is stripped, it won't allow the throttle to open. That's one of the things wrong with my T-Maxx, when I got it (still haven't been able to run it though :( ).

skife
01-22-2005, 11:39 PM
ha ive been driving electric cars since i was 4 yrs old i no how to drive them

i'm not talking about driving, just talking about learning how stuff works.

if you didn't know what a server was, its time to go back to the basics.

Invisibleman
01-23-2005, 11:42 AM
ya i know wat a servo is i just didnt know wat i was looking for on the servo to c if it was messed up or not

skife
01-23-2005, 01:59 PM
ya i know wat a servo is i just didnt know wat i was looking for on the servo to c if it was messed up or not

could be a number of things, the gears could be screwed, it could be the board, it could be the RX

jwren00
01-23-2005, 06:11 PM
you haven't even told us if you're engine runs...Is it not even starting? Is it just sitting there idling? Does it rev up but still not move the car????

You need to be more specific if you want help.

purple
01-23-2005, 08:51 PM
I'll just assume that the servo works normally and it's gassed up and all that.

normally a stodgy nitro engine is running too rich, try leaning out the high speed needle. what mostly gets you is fouled plugs, try a new glow plug and fully charged igniter. the most common plug is the mccoy #8 . if it wont idle very well the low speed needle needs to be turned in a tiny bit at a time, tuning nitros is a chore at first, but once you get the hang of it you wont be able to even stand slow electrics anymore.

Purple

dahvaio
01-23-2005, 09:07 PM
First, start the engine and with your hand open the carb and see if it revs up... this way you know that the engine works

Now, connect it to the servo and rev with the controller, if it opens up the servo and controller are both working

Now, check the clutch on the propeller shaft of the engine, in order for the engine to do anything the clutch has to engage.

If the clutch is not engaging then take it part to make sure everything is ok...

If the clutch is engaging then maybe there is something with the drive shaft...

If your engine is not starting, make sure you have a good glow plug and the right mix of nitro fuel....

Invisibleman
01-24-2005, 08:43 AM
ok ya the engin runs i can drive it around at a fixed speed(i guess wat it was at befor the accelerator stopped working ) just when i try to accelerate nothing happens it stays at the same speed the engin doesent reve any higher that it is alredy at.

skife
01-24-2005, 10:00 AM
ok ya the engin runs i can drive it around at a fixed speed(i guess wat it was at befor the accelerator stopped working ) just when i try to accelerate nothing happens it stays at the same speed the engin doesent reve any higher that it is alredy at.

is your servo plugged in?

jwren00
01-24-2005, 10:38 AM
your servo isn't opening the carb. Look at the engine, does the servo do anything to the carb when you pull the trigger?

Invisibleman
01-24-2005, 03:12 PM
yes my servo is plugged in.

no the servo does nothing to the carb when i pull the trigger.
doesent the servo like make a little humming noise or is it suppost to be comjpltely silent?

dahvaio
01-24-2005, 03:34 PM
The servo should make some noise... but if an arm is attached to it something should move letting you know the servo works...

The arm that is on the servo should open up the carb on the engine. If it is doing nothing, then check the wires. Detach the throttle wire from the servo. Gun the remote and see how are the arm on the servo rotates. This will give you a good base for where to re-attach the servo arm. Once it is attached, connect it to the throttle body. Without the enging on,gun the remote again and see if the carb is opening up. If it is connected correctly, it should open up. Once you have it set, if you your remote has fine tuning, use those to fine tune the throttle...

Good luck

Invisibleman
01-24-2005, 03:47 PM
ok the servo makes no noise at all and when i pull the trigger it does nothing nothing moves on the servo

skife
01-24-2005, 04:25 PM
ok the servo makes no noise at all and when i pull the trigger it does nothing nothing moves on the servo

try a new servo.

if that still doesn't work your reciever is toast, something got wet, i can tell you that, keep your electronics dry.

Invisibleman
01-24-2005, 04:39 PM
ok ill get a new servo and try it out thx