PDA

View Full Version : y grip

mag88888
01-22-2005, 01:18 PM
what are all your opinions of the y grip? is it supposed to be just for speedball or or types of playing? i play woods and speedball. can i have some pics? id appreciate any info on the y grip.

JoshK
01-22-2005, 01:24 PM
"Y" grips are just grips that instead of going backwards they go forward. Some swear upon them, and some absolutly hate them. Try them out for yourself, I have no opinion since I have never used one. But if I can help you at all they look pretty cool...but not as cool as vert frames in my opinion.

EDIT: Also..they are ideal for speedball because they keep the gun closer to the body (just put your hand at that angle like you are holding it, and see how close your hand is to your body to make it comfortable). They would not be as good for woodsball, because (generally) you hold the gun further away from your body and actually aim, not just take aim.

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_354.jpg

trains are bad
01-22-2005, 01:30 PM
The ygrip is really the only reason I shoot a mag.

Chronobreak
01-22-2005, 01:31 PM
somebody say pics? :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/kartakeeper/KARTA.jpg

i love my y-grip and il porb be buying another for my micromag.

it supposed to be mroe ergonimicle if u play tight with an angled up wrist.

i cant sue 45* the hurt my wrist unbelievably.

i now use a vert frame(rpg) that i like the most probly or as much as the y-grip

it is a prefereanceitem that i sugges trying before buying

mag88888
01-22-2005, 01:55 PM
can you aim good with it? if i were to lay down would i be able to aim it at someone?

JoshK
01-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I would imagine this would not be a good grip frame to lay down with, considering you (i know i do) dont keep the gun by your body when you are laying down...this is more of a in a vertical psotion kind of grip frame.

EDIT: You could aim just like a regular frame.

mag88888
01-22-2005, 01:58 PM
thanlks for all the pics and opinions. i think i am goona go with the intelliframe. unless i get to try it out...which i doubt.

JoshK
01-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Personally I wouldnt go with either, and just get a rouge :), or logic vert frame.