PDA

View Full Version : Alias mod question

Evil1
01-22-2005, 07:44 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here knew if it were possible to install QEVs on an alias ram? It sounds like it could be easily done, but I've never heard of anyone trying it or anything. Any info on this subject would be cool.

pump
01-22-2005, 09:30 PM
most QEVs are 10-32 (well only ones i can find)

Alias noids are M3
youll need to drill and retap the ram

if M3 QEVs can be found it would sell well to timmy owners

68magOwner
01-22-2005, 09:45 PM
i have seen quevs installed on a timmy on pbnation, search there

Flossabe
01-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Yea, I did it, you have to get an M3 to 10/32 adapter and say an eclipse QEV and you are set, improves cycle time a little.

Evil1
01-23-2005, 02:07 AM
Is it really worth the time and effort though? Will I pick the gun up and fire it and say "Wow, this is alot faster!!" I was thinking about doing it to improve cycle time and efficiency and just to make my gun a little more unique in general. My efficiency on the gun is really good. Not as good as some vikings I've seen, but way better than most guns I play against. I can get well over 1K shots off of my 68/45 filled to 4K. My gun is real fast with no bounce. At first I had my gun real bouncy, but making it not bounce forced me to get much faster than I was before with my fingers. I can usually average around 14-15bps which is plenty fast enough for my liking. The one reason I'm interested in maybe doing this is because I've seen some recent timmy based guns with QEVs and I wondered why there wasn't any on timmies. I thought it would be cool to give it a try.

Flossabe
01-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Yea people laughed at me when I wanted to put QEV's on my timmy. I had just got it in and took it completely apart, as I usualy do with my new markers, and looked at at and said well it is a ram just like an autococker why would it not work. I have not tested it yet as I only have one QEV on it at the moment I need to order another fitting for the front QEV. I can tell that I have ben constantly at least 1 pbs faster but that may be me, it is a little quieter, When I do make it bounce crazy I notice a faster cycle rate even without the dwell lowered down. I only spent $24 on one QEV setup and you can take it off when ever you want to and replace it with the barb if you want to. I will let you know what diffrence it makes when I put the second one on.

Evil1
01-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Definitely let me know how that works out. I was goin g to put 2 QEVs on from the beginning. Where did you mount the QEV? On the front of the ram near the poppet? Or the back by the ram cap?

Flossabe
01-24-2005, 01:40 AM
I mounted it on the rear.

Load SM5
01-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Have a pic what this looks like or how you did it? It may or may not be worth it, but it sounds intriguing.

manike
01-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Yes it is possible and allowed me to run at a lower ram pressure, but it didn't seam to make a huge difference overall. Certainly not like it does on some other guns.

My ND gun has had them since it was first built. :ninja:

pump
01-24-2005, 04:19 PM
well if Qevs speed up a cocker
then it should work great with a timmy

too bad they dont fit

Evil1
01-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Manike, by ram pressure you mean the lpr pressure right? About how low do you run it? My lpr is set at about 75psi with no shootdown or any problems. I have the hpr set to output 450psi and I have a nitro duck xstream set to output about 600psi. These pressures seem to work great for me. If the lpr can be set real low like the newer angel, it would be even less chances of chopping. I am using settings for the frenzy that I got here at AO. I got one set of settings written down for using low end paint and settings for usinghigh end paint. Both settings seem to have been working great. Chopping has never really been a problem with my alias. The hard part of actually mounting the QEVs would be that they would have to be mounted with the ram sleeve still in the gun, being it would be impossible short of butchering the body to get it in. I'm thinking of buying an extra ram sleeve and some QEVs and trying to mount them on the extra sleeve while its not in the gun and if it works, then I would proceed to do the actual on gun mod.

Flossabe
01-25-2005, 02:35 AM
The way I did it was I got the M3 to 10/32 adapter and screwed that in and that went far enough out to be able to screw in the QEV with no problem at all. You can go up to 90psi but it cycles a little faster but it also kicks more. And where did you find thoes settings on AO?

wyn1370
01-25-2005, 09:43 AM
I would hold off on trying to install QEV's
people keep hinting over on PBN that there is a significant change to the ram/ram sleeve in the 05 dragons that may be better than adding QEVs

Evil1
01-26-2005, 01:55 AM
Flossabe, the thread is right here in paintball talk. Just do a search. I'm pretty sure the thread is called "alias frenzy settings" or something to that effect. Wyn, I'll hold off until I see the new design. Do you know when it is coming? I go to pbn alot and I'm a member since a few months ago, but I don't post there. I go there just to read. There is alot of retards on that forum, but there is many knowledgeable people there as well. I will wait on this mod though.

Flossabe
01-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Found settings, thanks. What is this new mod supposed to be?

wyn1370
01-26-2005, 08:55 AM
not sure what the new mod is but here's the thread that there is hinting about it
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=770174