PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro will not shoot after taking apart

dahvaio
01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
The gun is brand new and I only fired off about 500 rounds 2 weeks ago to make sure that it was functioning.

I had to take my gun apart to install the new rail that purchased. After putting the gun back together, I filled up my tank and it will not fire. I set the tank to about 1000psi's and it will not do anything. I can pull the trigger but it does not shoot. The trigger has a heavy pull feel to it but will not shoot.

I made sure that the sear was in place and the pin hitting the trigger. The valve and the regulator have line on each side, so I matched up those 2 lines when I screwed the 2 parts back together. I slid the valve into the body, using the groove as a guildeline. I checked all the hoses and fittings to make sure that there were no leaks or stoppages. The air goes through all the way to the valve. At around 500psi the trigger goes forward but nothing else. I used to hear the bolt action but not anymore. Its as if the bolt is stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm a complete newbie and this is my first paintball gun.

Thanks,
David

AsianMiniMag
01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Check the on-off. I did that one time and the on-off pin was in backwards. After that it worked fine.

dahvaio
01-22-2005, 08:30 PM
What on/off? I'm not sure what you are talking about...

AsianMiniMag
01-22-2005, 08:34 PM
when you take the whole valve assembly out look under the valve. There should be a little square brass thingy there. Pull it out....that is the on-off.

dahvaio
01-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Ok... but I did not remove that from the valve when I took it apart. The only thing I did was unscrew the valve from the reg. Would separating these 2 affect the on/off?

AsianMiniMag
01-22-2005, 08:44 PM
It shouldn't, but this problem sounds alot like something to do with the on-off....I am probably wrong. You should wait till the better guys come in and reply. I would still check the on-off though....just in case.

undescriptive
01-23-2005, 05:46 AM
pull out the on/off and oil the bejesus out of it...

same with dropping a few drops of autolube (or Love juice or KC trouble free) into the power tube and around the outsie of the power tube.

put 3 or 4 drops of oil in the ASA before you gas it up...

that should help.

also, check how tight you have done the screws on the trigger frame and the "thumb screw" on the back - you may have to tighten it with an allen key a bit more....

hope that helps!

Gr0dy
01-23-2005, 11:12 AM
also, check how tight you have done the screws on the trigger frame and the "thumb screw" on the back - you may have to tighten it with an allen key a bit more....

hope that helps!
or you may have to loosen the thumb screw, sometimes if you tighten it too much, it makes the bolt stick or something like that.

Potatoboy
01-23-2005, 11:28 AM
the most common problem with these syptoms is improper pressure.

adjusting the pressure up using the velocity adjuster on the back of the valve.

dahvaio
01-23-2005, 04:33 PM
I finally got the gun to work.. and it seemed like it just needed a good lubing. I'm new to the paintball world and was wondering if the automag really needs to be lubed all the time.

This gun is new, fired only about 500 paintballs couple of weeks ago and then sat around for a week and a half. Why would it have required oil?

Blennidae
01-23-2005, 06:24 PM
You mentioned you changed the rail. Did you make sure you took the rail bushing from the old rail and put it in the new one? Missing rail bushings do make odd things happen.