PDA

View Full Version : California Storm Deletes A Thread!

Army
11-12-2001, 01:22 PM
A thread was started that asked if a member should get Co2 or Nitro for a Mag coming for Christmas.

As I was moving the thread to Tech Forum, a fairly close lightning strike knocked out and surged power for a brief moment. Apparently this blew the thread into the netherworld!

To answer his question: (which should have been asked in Tech Forum anyway) Co2 is quite viable when you have it set up right. The main thing you must remember , is to keep liquid out of the hoses and gun. A slinky remote and expansion chamber will keep the cost down if that is a factor, and keep 98% of any liquid out of your gun.

Nitro is much more stable in all ambient temperatures, and has NO liquid to worry about. Nitro tanks will run $130 to more than your gun costs! My 68 cubic inch, 3000psi "stubby" type tank was $129 from Big Boys Toys ( www.bbtpaintball.com )

It also depends on what your field fills. Many do not have nitro yet, so Co2 is your only choice. Another consideration is; Co2 bottles are smaller for the same amount of shots as their nitro tank counterparts. i.e., a 20oz bottle will give the same performance as a 68ci tank.

...and lastly, I do belive your brother already told you to get nitro! It makes sense to have the same gas in the house, so you two can share tanks and gear, (that's right big brother, I said share!)

n1mr0d
11-12-2001, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Army
A thread was started that asked if a member should get Co2 or Nitro for a Mag coming for Christmas.

As I was moving the thread to Tech Forum, a fairly close lightning strike knocked out and surged power for a brief moment. Apparently this blew the thread into the netherworld!

To answer his question: (which should have been asked in Tech Forum anyway) Co2 is quite viable when you have it set up right. The main thing you must remember , is to keep liquid out of the hoses and gun. A slinky remote and expansion chamber will keep the cost down if that is a factor, and keep 98% of any liquid out of your gun.

Nitro is much more stable in all ambient temperatures, and has NO liquid to worry about. Nitro tanks will run $130 to more than your gun costs! My 68 cubic inch, 3000psi "stubby" type tank was $129 from Big Boys Toys ( www.bbtpaintball.com )

It also depends on what your field fills. Many do not have nitro yet, so Co2 is your only choice. Another consideration is; Co2 bottles are smaller for the same amount of shots as their nitro tank counterparts. i.e., a 20oz bottle will give the same performance as a 68ci tank.

...and lastly, I do belive your brother already told you to get nitro! It makes sense to have the same gas in the house, so you two can share tanks and gear, (that's right big brother, I said share!)

a 20oz will give you as many shots as a 114ci tank!

20oz tanks give my friends like over 1000 shots....

TheTramp
11-12-2001, 01:30 PM
I don't know about a 114ci tank, but a 20oz has at least as many shots as an 88ci.

ThePatriot
11-12-2001, 02:49 PM
Share??? AHAHAH share with a kid whos gonna be a freshman next year...you are very wrong my friends, VERY wrong.....