PDA

View Full Version : my "I hate snow/winter" thread

slade
01-23-2005, 10:25 AM
so i woke up this morning and realized that i had to walk my neighbors dogs, because they are on vacation. i open the door and find that the snow is over the height of the glass door, and is blocking it. i have to shove it and push the snow away to be able to get out. it turns out that last night i got over 30 inches of snow on the ground. and its still snowing. so i try to sprint for it to make it to the road, which fortunately has been plowed, and get totally covered in snow, especially near the road where the snow is over my freakin waist because of the plow. then i make it to my neighbors house (well not neighbor exactly, they live down the road), and the dog is a bit confused as to why im covered in snow and im a bit hesitant to go out. she, of course, is estatic, since shes stuck inside most of the day, running up and down the stairs. i take her out and she runs and jumps into the snow, runs a bit more, and then slows down to a walk. shes following the path i broke, but by the time she gets near the road she is looking miserable, and she actually gets stuck in the snow bank at the edge of the driveway and i have to help her out. i walk her, and by the time we get back she is completely covered with snow, and i am too. then i realize that with the snow they probably wont be able to get home for a while (they were supposed to get home tonight, then leave again on monday) and ill have to walk the dog in this weather again.

now keep in mind that we usually dont have weather quite this bad, and i dont have to go outside anyway except to the car for school, and now to walk the dog. so im wearing the same shoes i wear in the summer, the same pants i wear in the summer, the same t-shirt i wear in the summer, a light fall jacket and my bk headband to cover my ears. i dont even have a winter coat, gloves, or a hat. and its about 5 degrees out in a snowstorm.

ok yeah, i guess that was a really long and boring post to say I FREAKIN HATE WINTER!

GT
01-23-2005, 05:10 PM
I know how you feel. Yesterday it was 75 and today the high is 40. Time for winter to end and 110 degree spring to begin!

slade
01-23-2005, 05:51 PM
I know how you feel. Yesterday it was 75 and today the high is 40. Time for winter to end and 110 degree spring to begin!
what i wouldnt give for 40 degree weather, it was -3 when i was walking the dog last night. you live in texas, right? lucky... ;) but then again i dont think id like 110 degree weather either.