PDA

View Full Version : proto switch defective

challenger454
01-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Bought the EL model switch last week, took it apart carefully per the instructions, found a decent size crack in the mask shell under where the lens attaches. I was kinda surprised. These masks are supposed to be decent quality. Any other suggestions for a moderately priced mask? By the way, never used the mask on the field just tried it on a couple times, my guess that it was damaged when it was assembled at the factory. I have a very old JT mask that I use primarily, very strong construction. I guess that their motocross experience translates into masks that are very suitable for paintball use. The reason that i didnt get the higher level switch was because the dealer said that they are basically the same except for the flexible material on the lower part of the frame so that hits bounce off.

Kallahan
01-23-2005, 03:19 PM
I've only had one problem with my JT switch proto, and that is when the lens container was not properly attached, which leaves an opening under the lens. Simplest way to fix this is to detach the lens, then holding the lens holder 90* to the mask insert the hook first then rotate and snap shut. I don't know if this is the same problem, was yours actually damaged?

JoshK
01-23-2005, 03:28 PM
JT switch proto? Jt doesnt make switchs...

But JT's are very nice comfy masks.

SpecialBlend2786
01-23-2005, 10:05 PM
hmmm..

I have an EL and i never had any problems with it. Yeah, the EL is the same as the other one, eggcept its a one-piece mask instead. I'd give proto a call, they have pretty decent customer service. good luck