PDA

View Full Version : i have a huge problem

mitch
11-12-2001, 04:26 PM
i got my mm body powder coated black a few months ago.
now i noticed that the sight rail is starting to take the powder coat off.
and inside the body where the barrel goes in the powder coat is comming off aswell.
what should i do?
i already called person and he said there is nothing he can do about it.
please someone help me out...........

Gunga
11-12-2001, 05:10 PM
Well, concerning where the barrel goes in the body tube, there's always going to be some mechanical rubbing/wear & tear. So there's nothing really to be done. And if you take your sight rail on and off, there's going to be some rubbing going on there too.

Don't think there's a solution for you, other than to have the body stripped and repowdercoated. Or you could try painting it I suppose.

mitch
11-13-2001, 01:20 PM
i just took all of the black off then and polished it.
looks cool but i am worried about it rusting.
what should i do?

Cliffio
11-13-2001, 01:28 PM
well right now whitewolf is having a special, you can get either a green or the doo doo brown anodize for $75
if thats an option
Cliff

cphilip
11-13-2001, 01:42 PM
He said mm body so he is talking about a Mini Mag Body right? If so then:

A) There should not be any powder coating "inside the body" If it is it should be buffed out anyway. A little will get in there around the lip but is usually buffed out later. But the inside of the body should not be powder coated. Only the outside.

B) As to the site rail. They will scratch anything. Anno or teflon or...whatever. I line mine with Duct tape inside the site rail and cover the set screw also.

c) So you already took it all off? Stainless Steel will not rust so either polish it on up or re-powder coat it. And you cannot Annodize it anyway. You can only Anno Aluminum.

mitch
11-13-2001, 03:37 PM
okay,
the body used to be grey so then i got it "powder coated".
it started to come off so i took it all off and polished it.
now it is like a mirror and looks awesome.
my only worry is of it rusting.
my friend said the greay coat kept it from rusting now he says it will rust in the first bit of water that touches it.
will that happen should i get a coat of sort for it?

Russ
11-13-2001, 03:42 PM
cphilip isn't kidding, the body is stainless steel and won't rust. The gray is just a grit blast finish, it's not a paint or any other coating, just bare steel.

Your friend is wrong, sorry :)

PyRo
11-13-2001, 03:52 PM
With the site rail scratching your powdercoat, why does it matter... You have the site rail over the scratches correct?

mitch
11-13-2001, 07:22 PM
yes true enough but once i go to trade the body or something it will be alot harder with a thousnads scratches all over the body.