PDA

View Full Version : Max Flo Users! Plz help

Carbon Blue
01-23-2005, 06:16 PM
I have a 68ci 4500psi Dual stage manifold Max-flo. I love this tank and it has given me nothing but the most quickest and most consistent recharge. But one thing. If i leave the tank while connected to the mag on the on position with a 800-1200psi output and wait about 25 seconds a small leak will begin and it is coming out from the small hole on the spring cap(adjusting knob). I have read the manual and it said that a quick dissassembly of the regulator and the cleaning of the base seal oring and poppet seal oring would fix the problem. Well i did that and still the same problem. I went further into the reg wiping down and inspecting any orings for any knicks or tears and using dow 33 on the orings that needed it. The orings looked just fine and I put it back together and still gave me the same result (leaking from the small hole in the spring cap). Could i send this back to smart parts and have them look over it? does anyone else have any ideas??

I have an x-valve with the 2.5 carrier and no shims and the ULT with 7shims in.

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-24-2005, 10:58 AM
I used to have the same problem with my old max flo. It was a bottom line setup i used to have on my Emag. I was always under the assumption that it was just venting air because the output pressure was to high. I had it on like 900-950. I dropped it to aboot 800 and below and it would stop. I used to run my emag between 750-850 so i didn't have any more problems with it. I'm guessing that could be your problem. Just drop the pressure. Don't really need it that high anyways.

Carbon Blue
01-24-2005, 01:30 PM
I used to have the same problem with my old max flo. It was a bottom line setup i used to have on my Emag. I was always under the assumption that it was just venting air because the output pressure was to high. I had it on like 900-950. I dropped it to aboot 800 and below and it would stop. I used to run my emag between 750-850 so i didn't have any more problems with it. I'm guessing that could be your problem. Just drop the pressure. Don't really need it that high anyways.

thats what i was thinking also..

Z-man
01-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey Carbon I did get your PM but I have been pretty short on time. However I see you have posted here so Ill throw in my 2¢. I think what was said above is pretty accurate. Ironically, when I called up Smart Parts to ask them about the reg, the guy was totally shocked that I had got the pressure up over 1Kpsi and that it was working... not what I was hoping to hear, especially since they list that is CAN go up that high... yeah.

Carbon Blue
01-24-2005, 07:54 PM
thanks you guys, ive had my max flo give me constant pressures at 1100psi and even had it up to 1200psi according to the gauges (even though they could be off by about 150psi).