PDA

View Full Version : Rt Mag = borked

Amp
01-23-2005, 06:42 PM
aite... so i went to my feild to use my new rt mag... from ebay.. and i get there... get some air, they go to chrono it and say the sears woren and i cant use it... okay... i bring it home.. take it apart and compare it to my classic mags sear... they the same... k.... and when i air it up (compressed) it leakes from the hole in the back of the valvue... i think guy before me used Co2 any suggestions>?

magic55
01-23-2005, 06:47 PM
i think you just don't know what you're doing to be honest

Steelrat
01-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Probably belongs in the tech forum.

If you got it off ebay, it may have been sitting in someone's closet for a while. Some of the orings might be shot.

And what exactly happened at the field? Someone else went to chrono it and said you couldnt use it? Why couldnt you use it, was it not working, or acting strange?

Muzikman
01-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Does it have level 10? Have you oiled the gun? Have you looked at the orings to see if they are still in good shape?

peewee
01-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Need more info as to why someone told you that the sear was trashed..... How is the edge of the bolt look, Chatterd? If it had a high input someone might have thought the sear was gone.

Amp
01-24-2005, 01:02 AM
i donno, they were just teakin the screw that holds the sear.. and said the sear was worn... they cronoed and didnt say anything.. just said cant use it..

dsrkd
01-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Leaking out of the back usually means that the velocity is too high. Back it off 1/4 turn or so and gass it up again.

athomas
01-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Take the valve apart and clean it. Replace any suspect o-rings (replace the one on the outside of the reg piston assy anyway). If it still leaks out the back at normal operating velocity you will have to replace the regulator piston assembly.

A worn sear will cause runaway (full auto firing) or leaking out the barrel, not leaking out the back.