PDA

View Full Version : Great time at Big Game!!!!!!!!+war story

Dave
11-12-2001, 04:59 PM
Even though it was at a field other than pevs(I'd still like to go there), this was a blast! The game was called Dien Bien Phu, the Vietnamese against the french. I was on the French side. I got there, we met our other guys, got some paint(it was $10 more that I was told, $60 for TC) then walked around. This was my first time ever being at a field. Here is what I noticed:

90% of the guns were Tippmanns

There were quite a few Autocockers, a few Impulses, a few Angles, several Spyders, and 4 Mags, :)

The 4 Mags were: Mine :), one guys 68 P/F on the other side, an E-MAG(which I saw in a case, never on the field) and a Mini-Mag on our side!:)

We were heavily out-numbered. This was going to be a fight to the death. Our job was to hold the fort, and carry out various missions. One good thing though, we had the 2x shocker machine gun on our side:)

We met at our dead zone, a meshed off area about 1/4 of a mile from the enemies dead zone. When the game began, the group I was with(about 8 men) went up into the far side of the hill. We had some enemies come our way, with my friend Jeremy taking one out. Jeremy and I move down, get in a small fire-fight, join the rest of the group and head down the hill. One of our men gets hit by a sniper out of nowhere. The other guys go up, find him, and take him out. Then they walk back down the hill as another guy and I walk up to try and find them. Now we are separated. We hear some sounds, and realize we are extremely close to the Vietnamese village. They occasionally send up two to three men groups up the hill. One of the groups spots up, and fires. The paint sprays into a mist 10 feet from us, hitting twisted branches. We get down low. The guy I am with puts the heat on the guy to the far left, and says "Cover me!" so I stop, take aim at the other guy to the right, and fire, he gets behind a tree, but not all the way, and I hit him in the leg! My first elimination!

Then another group comes up, and we attack, and I send paint onto a guys back as he is retreating. Then we do operations on another more open hill...I move up to get a guy to take back down with me into the forest cause I realize we were not in a safe spot, and then I find out the place where all the rest of the men are is even worse: In the absolute corner of the boundaries, taking heavy fire, and not trees to hide behind...they are sprawled out on the ground! I am caught in the middle, and hide behind a tiny tree, and get hit, along with my bud.

Later that day, was even more brutal. We were trying to take the enemies position along the road, but taking heavy fire. They retreat to the hill on the opposite side of the road. We follow. They dig in at the top of the hill, and pound us. I am pinned behind a tree. I was taking fire from two directions...two men at the top of the hill, 20 ft. away from each other, trying to shoot me from both sides of the tree I was hiding behind. I was there for so long I started to get cramps. Ven, one of my fellow fighters, to my left, was taken out, and men to my right were actually advancing despite the severe beating. One of the men at the top got knocked out. Then, I was moving up, I hear noise behind me....and it turns out to be 6-7 enemy soldiers coming right up the hill. One girl asks me "Are you on the yellow team?" I was on blue. :) I didn't answer, but I did not shoot either. I ran behind a tree, and I think she took the hint, cause the back of the tree started to get pelted. The only thing was, it was a tiny tree! So I started to run, and bam bam! She got me in the back! I yelled out, "I'm out!" I yell it to make sure they hear it and don't keep firing. I guess she though I was angry cause I yelled it really loud and she said she was sorry, but I wasn't angry at all, so I reassured her and told her is was no-prob:)

Those were just some of the stories. I got a total of 6 eliminations, and got eliminated myself 4 times. Actually 5, cause I shot myself in the foot:) but a medic was right there so he just threw me a towel. I had 100% fun!!! It was great and having a mag just made it all the better. I broke paint 2-3 times, but I think all those times I didn't have my revvy on. There was never paint in the P/F, so I don't think I chopped at all:) The paint we were using was Team Colors, and I knew that was not the best match to my barrel(DYE Xcel 14") cause on those longer distance shots, paint was flyin' everywhere! hehe, consistancy on those shots was zip. I would very much like to correct this prob...not sure what it is...maybe paint, maybe barrel...maybe chrono(The guy set my gun at like 263, and I have no idea why, cause it was shooting like 291,293,292,293)

Anyway, lots of fun, thanks guys for your input, it made it all the better! I got along with everyone there. Ven used an Autococker, and I'll tell you there was not a single act of prejudice towards anyone with any other kind of gun. We all got along great, and thats the way it should be! :)

-Dave

FeelTheRT
11-12-2001, 08:20 PM
sounds like you had fun there. Too bad i couldn't come. My gun needs a new 3 way anyways so... ( bastage Cocker! ). I remember the last Dien Bien Phu, it was all rainy and muddy. I slipped from a steap hill and gave my knee a nasty cut, i've still got the scares to prove it :).

RobAGD
11-12-2001, 10:59 PM
Well at Pevs it was insane :) over 300 people 50 judges and LOTS OF PAINT :)

The Yellow team won the first game by taking a HUGE Diablo Flat from the other team and hanging it.

The second game saw a little change in the falg. It was Todd Peverill birthday and he was turned into the new center flag :)

There was also a 3rd team added. The Pevs team guy that showed to play were put intothe central building and were told to hold it. It was the top of teh central hill and forced both teams to take a much more intresting round through the BFD () Big fooking ditch ) and I mean its a ditch. some parts are 100feet deep and decending this I hurt my foot bad before the game even started so it kinda put a dampner on my plans.

8 of us were to guard the flag ( Todd ) and as a special request I was asked by Tof to shoot the crap out of anyone trying to pants him while tied to the tree :)

So its all good until my whole right side is eliminted in teh first 10 minute of teh 2hr game. I am starting to take fire from top of the hill across teh vally, and both side of teh valley I am on. I shoot out a few guys then get hit. I leave and judge cleans me up.

Now the fun begins. Because they wanted me to raise some havok, I was allowe to leave teh bounder tape and circle behind the team to my right. I com eup and take out about 15 people before they relise whats going on and I earn a few welts. The judge cleans me up again and I circle back into the same group again taking out 10 more and stalling that teams advance on Todd.

I take a break to rest my foot and clean up my gun ( I squished a ball when I put the barrel back on :( )

Gun up and me feeling foggy I head the other way and launch a 1 man attack on about 20 people huddled behind a few pallet bunkers. 2 hoopers later and some 20 more guys gone I get ROASTED. I think all told I took something liek 20 hits for the group that I had attacked earlier. The met back up and attacked teh ridge again and I keeping the Orange guys distracted eliminted them and me. heheh Thats was fun. Time to leave I am tired and sore.

Long teck up and down teh valley of Death and I run into Todd where the other team has stashed him for safe keeping.

We BS a bit and all of a sudden they mount a huge rush. I say WTF :) sounds liek fun.

I clear out a few people in teh speed ball field and start to push the tape into the other teams area and we get stalled at a small ridge line. We tried made rushes and nothing could dig out the defenders. Then my revy died and that kinda ended my fun so I loaded teh feed tube and made a rush to bunker one of teh defenders...

humm 2 steps and 30 welts later....

:) heheh over all even though I reffed and did parking in the morring getting to play was a blast....

-Robert

SuperOrangeTicTac
11-13-2001, 04:26 PM
pevs was a blast. Thank god i didnt chop any after longballing over the speedball field most of the time. The first game was the best. Of course i was on the yellow team :D

i shot more that day than i ever have in a full day. lol.

Dude
11-13-2001, 05:34 PM
I went to the Pev's big game it was incredible. I was on yellow and we won the first game and tied the second game. By far the coolest part of the day was that I got to use an EMag w/ warp, which changed the entire game of paintball for me because of its outstanding fire power. The teams each had about 130-150 people on them (yellow vs. orange) and about 100 people people battled it out at the fort in the center of the field for all of the first game.

Then in the second game the refs put about 12 of the best players on the field inside the fort (fighting against both yellow and orange and had pink armbands) and it took us more than an hour to get them out of there.

Another cool thing that Pev did was that he gave out about 130 door prizes, including free paintballs for a year, at lunch all together worth over $3000!!!!!

Also, there was an editor from paintball 2 xtremes there, so there are going to be pics of us in the next P2X magazine, and a guy video taped the hole second game so maybe we'll get to be on tv or something.

It was just an incredible day and the amount of paintballs that were flying around, especially at the fort, was just awesome. Pevs did a great job. It was professionally run and there was a ref for every six players on the field.

Major Ho
11-13-2001, 07:03 PM
DAG NABBIT!!! Just reading the two big stories got me all excited. :( I knew I shoulda went to at least one of them. I woulda made a good VC :D even though thats not what its about. Just call me Major 'Cong. :( Pevs is just all around great and a guaranteed good time and I still passed on it
Man Im so pissed at myself.

SuperOrangeTicTac
11-13-2001, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Dude
I went to the Pev's big game it was incredible. I was on yellow and we won the first game and tied the second game. By far the coolest part of the day was that I got to use an EMag w/ warp, which changed the entire game of paintball for me because of its outstanding fire power. The teams each had about 130-150 people on them (yellow vs. orange) and about 100 people people battled it out at the fort in the center of the field for all of the first game.

Then in the second game the refs put about 12 of the best players on the field inside the fort (fighting against both yellow and orange and had pink armbands) and it took us more than an hour to get them out of there.

Another cool thing that Pev did was that he gave out about 130 door prizes, including free paintballs for a year, at lunch all together worth over $3000!!!!!

Also, there was an editor from paintball 2 xtremes there, so there are going to be pics of us in the next P2X magazine, and a guy video taped the hole second game so maybe we'll get to be on tv or something.

It was just an incredible day and the amount of paintballs that were flying around, especially at the fort, was just awesome. Pevs did a great job. It was professionally run and there was a ref for every six players on the field.

i think i may have seen u there. Man we need AO stickers or armbands so we can say hello, without being like "umm yeah, do u know what AO is?" whatever. It was tons of fun. I hope i got some pictures taken of me, he was right beside me by the fort.