PDA

View Full Version : how do i install this splash kit?

FDB1
11-12-2001, 05:29 PM
hey i have an eclipse splash kit and i cant figure out how to take those 2 things from the stock body rail and put them in the eclipse body rail...please help someone

Dubstar112
11-12-2001, 06:34 PM
Are you talking about the little pim that locks the barrel in?.. thats the only fitting attatched to the body rail that i know of... post with some more info and ill help ya out

FDB1
11-12-2001, 06:36 PM
yeah that pin that attatches to the barrel, and there one other thing, if you look inside the body rail theres one other little bronze looking circular brass kinda thingy. not sure what it is or how to get it out. I cant take out either of em...

Xzion
11-12-2001, 06:37 PM
I found it easier to just call AGD and orderd a new 'Twist Lock Assembly' and 'Rail Bushing' as theyre pretty tight in the rail. To install the Twistlock Assembly, take the male portion of a Quick Disconnect, put the end over the twistlock nubbin and use a press or something to push the assembly into place. I found using a benchvise worked pretty good, dont forget to leave space for the twistlock assembly to push through the bottom of the rail. As for the Rail bushing, mine is rather loose in there and I just pushed it in with my fingers.

Hope this helped some.

FDB1
11-12-2001, 07:11 PM
thanks dude thats exactly what i needed. when i need help with my mag i post on this board, i always get a quick helpful answer...

i installed my eclipse splash kit in 10 minutes! thanks automags.org! :)

Xzion
11-12-2001, 08:11 PM
No prob.... :)