PDA

View Full Version : AGD...Melting Hopper for Warp Hose?

Chef123161
11-12-2001, 05:32 PM
I think I recall you saying there would be a picture story on how to do this. Just wondering how that was coming along. Thanks.

zvanut
11-12-2001, 05:41 PM
i think u can also drill a hole throgh the hopper, i think it might be a 13/16 inch bit or maybe a 15/16 bit. im not sure

AGD
11-12-2001, 06:54 PM
I started it and then screwed up the hopper. Haven't gotten back to it yet. After the tech class.

AGD

cphilip
11-13-2001, 06:51 AM
I believe drilling it is superior to melting it for several reasons. It secures the hose and hopper onto the gun and protects the hose from hits. Plus its easier to do neatly. It's a one inch hole saw you need to do this. For those that argue that it makes it irreversable I remind you it only affects one half of the hopper and a replacement revy half is only $5. So you can keep an intact half on hand for using the Revy direct on gun and the drilled half for your warp set up.

FooTemps
11-13-2001, 07:30 AM
I think drilling is better too. It's much easier and it's much harder to mess up.

alf
11-13-2001, 07:42 AM
drilling is simple and easy...i did it with a dremel (a hole saw woulda made a neater cut, though)....

and two pieces of electrical tape are cheaper than 1/2 of a hopper...:p

-alf

Russ
11-13-2001, 08:40 AM
First ask, have you actually ever drilled or melted a hopper?

I have, 2 drilled, and 2 melted. Messed up the first one of each :rolleyes:

Drilling locks the hopper and warp hose into place very securely. That's both a pro and a con. You also loose a bit more capacity than melting.

Melting still keeps the hopper sealed from water and paint getting into it, plus it's easier to remove the hopper for whatever reason.

edit: cphilip, do you still need a black right revy shell? I forgot to pick one up for you in my last visit to the PB store that carries them, but I'll be going back there this week. LMK

cphilip
11-13-2001, 08:52 AM
No russ but thanks for the offer. I got one.