PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Prob

AnArchist_1944
01-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Well after about close to 100,000 shot outta my X-Valve it has developed a slow leak down the barrel now its not all the time for the most part there is no leak but lets say I play 2 games back to back then it starts leaking I can useuall fix this by turing my On/Off Slider ASA off then on but its really annoying because as soon as it starts I lose alot of velocity.

and in another possibly related possibly unrelated issue some times when Iam dry firing my bolt will stick in a very far back position and my noid will still click but it wont cycle the only way to get it cycleing again is to push on the bolt with my finger and shoot thill the bolt comes forward a bit then it will start cycling again.

Please help my team has the Canadian Nationals comming up in less than a week and Iam the all important snake runner and I need my gun to cycle reliably everytime.

Ken
01-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Could it possibly be a worn in carrier o-ring for your level 10? If not, I remember talking to z-man and he said that some parts will wear after extreme use. I'd send him a PM if I were you.

Goodluck,
Ken

Creative Mayhem
01-24-2005, 01:36 PM
The leaking my be your lvl10. Try lubing it up, if that doesn't work then you may need to drop one carrier size.

AnArchist_1944
01-24-2005, 06:37 PM
:( i dont really wanna drop a carrier size this close to such a big turny cuz my LX is working so good right now and I tryed lubing it up. is there a tutorial or a pic to show how to get the carriers out? could it possibly be the shims in my LX?

athomas
01-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Have you checked the tension on your bolt spring. Yours may be worn out, causing spring to be sluggish in the return of the bolt. Other than that, the bolt sticking requires a larger carrier size.

Have you removed the shims from your level 10 setup? As the sear tip and bolt wears, the bolt sits farther forward. This allows the vent hole to be exposed slightly causing leaking.

AnArchist_1944
01-25-2005, 01:57 PM
wait so it might just be a problem with my LX shims? because I just replaced my Red spring with a brand new red spring.

bunny5
01-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Heres the Lvl 10 install video thread...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40904

at the bottom of the first post has the LVL10 install video. It might help you out a lil

MindJob
01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
100k shots is about re-build time. It wouldnt hurt to get a parts kit, throw a few new orings in, and take it from there.

Once in a while my noid seems to stick. I lube up the on-off and it works fine.

purple
01-25-2005, 04:46 PM
i'm thinking its lvlx leaking, and the bolt stick i think is from having a worn out/shredded bumper.

try rebuilding more often than every 100,000 shots

purple