PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Play?

PFAutomag33
11-12-2001, 06:50 PM
Hi, I was just curious on how everyone plays. I am more of a sniper and I like to stay back and snipe people. Later...

John
P/F Automaf
cf36472

zvanut
11-12-2001, 06:56 PM
i play back and lay down tons of paint

FooTemps
11-12-2001, 07:20 PM
I always rush with the weak flank and get taken out. Or I just camp the base.

Zo
11-12-2001, 07:45 PM
take the left, take out the person in front of me. move up and take the angle shots :D

n1mr0d
11-12-2001, 07:55 PM
i always sprint up the sides, and take everybody out and come up behind the unsuspecting mootards! :D rec-ball is fun as hell, except when you play with hicks that don't know to stop shooting after they've hit you 6 times and you put your gun up. i've been lit up about 4 times in 6 hours because some dumb hick thinks it's cool to dump 15 rounds at me with my gun in the air and such. if there's someone i know behind a bunker, and they dont' seem me, i give tell them to surrender and if they point their gun towards me, i give them ONE shot and they usually thank me for not destroying them after the game. unfortunately i don't get the same respect in return, all the idiots just keep jamming on the trigger.

MajorDamage
11-12-2001, 08:00 PM
LOL, amazing on how you forgot "middle" but put...sniper? lol. I play front though.

ENDO!

ThePatriot
11-12-2001, 08:05 PM
I try and play front...i just played for the first time in like 5 months recently, and i was hangin with the little kids who were all lined up behind the back bunker...as the day went on i loosened up a bit but not as much as i would like to...and my field is only once a month, but it is cheap as heck..5 bucks to get in, u can use your own paint...all air fillups are 2 bucks, gotta love church sponsored stuff, its so cheap, WAIT I GOT AN IDEA FOR FOOTEMPS!!!

Dubstar112
11-12-2001, 08:06 PM
I am the universal soldier...

nutz
11-12-2001, 08:19 PM
front all the way... crazy runs... bunker moves... geting lit up (sometimes... definitly my spot on the field

Ant
11-12-2001, 08:27 PM
Yep! , i'm with Nutz on this one!!

~WarpedRT~
11-12-2001, 08:37 PM
Most certainly the front. I usually take those long runs off the break and go for the flag, while I have my back, and mid players shooting the lanes. Gets me there safely, and then I cover whoever I can so the mids can move up.

Bartleby
11-12-2001, 08:57 PM
front, all the way. hang on the tape on the right side. crawl my way up to the back and take them out from behind. i love bunkering though. i take all sorts of kamikazi runs and i usually win (surprisingly). i think people just get scared tootless when they see a
one-eyed, one-horned flyin purple people eater
one-eyed, one-horned flyin purple people eater
sure looks strange to me (one eye?) :D

AirChunck
11-12-2001, 09:19 PM
Put me down as a Mass Murderer!
or
First to Die.

deded
11-12-2001, 09:45 PM
The right tape... I don't know why, but I love the right tape....

Woods games, sup air, hyper, whatever, the right tape loves me, and I love it back :D

Cliffio
11-12-2001, 11:01 PM
what?? no mention of bein the "paint beech"

anyways
i play back and shoot lots *understatement*
but if it calls i can run ^pretty fast for a fat guy^
big fan of bunkerin foos

Cliff

Xzion
11-12-2001, 11:43 PM
I'd have to go with playin back, nothing quite like taking a player out before they can even get to their first bunker :D

Cliffio
11-12-2001, 11:45 PM
i agree, thats a great feeling, especialy if its in say a 3 man, cause they have alot of work todo if u take one out off the break...

Cliff

Flamebo
11-13-2001, 06:06 AM
I think it's interesting how new players are all into some kinda sniping glory... They aren't bullets, they're paintballs. You gotta get up front and start laying paint.

Thordic
11-13-2001, 08:35 AM
Run run run, all the way. I'm not too slow, and somehow manage to not get hit.

And they say front guys need to be scrawny short guys :)

Mega Man
11-13-2001, 07:30 PM
Midfront all the way, I also do a "kamikazi" run up the middle as a distraction on rare occasions.

MikeCouves
11-13-2001, 07:38 PM
Hehe I am always the suicide man that runs to the middle for the flag. I did that the whole tournament last week...it was funny, because I also got all the flag pulls and hangs for the team :D. But man Mitch, and Doug were getting some lot of kills!! They both got double mine...all I was doing was running.

I love being up front in the action. It makes it exciting and I am really small and fast so I got kind of an advantage over Doug especially...he's a big kid.

Mitch (mitch on AO) is quite the little rocket and has a fast trigger pull so he's normally a little back from me ripping up the field.

Doug sits back, not literally though, he is always shootin cover paint and taking hits...and especially getting those bunkers over the top of the bunk eh Doug?

Bartleby
11-13-2001, 11:16 PM
on jungle of doom, i usually just leave my gun out and run for the flag. tourny rules: keep all equipment within 10 feet of your body. so what happens if you don't bring anything in? you run a hell of a lot faster :D

PowerFedMag
11-14-2001, 04:03 PM
I don't play back ever...reason, laying down paint costs money.
I try to find someone who wants to run, and I'll plan with them some moves, frog hop up a side...
Usually I am right behind the frontline, but it depends on the skill of the players I am against.
So I guess I am an aggressive mid man\front player.

Against the youngins, its all out, crazy bunkering...I should try that on good players...but I need junk protection before I go to crazy!

xmetal2001
11-14-2001, 05:16 PM
In Rec i play back 'cause i'm lazy,
Tournaments I play front because my team is more lazy :D

I don't understand what a paintball sniper is? A backplayer that doesn't shoot as much? Since one gun can't shoot farther than another i think sniping is just a newbie dream.

Bartleby
11-14-2001, 06:18 PM
it is a newbie dream. i remember when i wished that i could use a scope and just pick people off from a mile away. eventually you come to realize it's just not possible, and those who try often fail miserablly. :D

PowerFedMag
11-14-2001, 06:42 PM
he was talking about the woods, with sniping meaning hinding under a rock or some other really neat object and popping out and poppin someone. Or maybe he means someone who barely shoots at all in a game and just like pops up and wastes you half way through game cuz everyone forgot ya...that's me when I play front sometimes.
All quiet, letting back players direct me, then SMACK

EvilErnie
11-14-2001, 07:03 PM
I play the back, because I am too slow to run the tape and too fat to crawl thru the snake! My dairy-air makes a great big target. But we have a play that is the last resort play for a tourney. When the game starts, we all run down the field as fast as we can, so as they get to there first bunker we are still running and bunker each player on the other team. It work very well, but you can only use it once per tourney. They begin to look for it a second time! You should try it. We usually only loose 1 or 2 people and max out! It works every time we have done it! 5on5 or 3on3. You have to let the refs know you are going to do it, because the first time we did it, it took 15 min. just to get the refs to agree that we won and had the right amount of eliminations and the points were correct. Everyone was freaking out!LOL:p

DRAGONSLAYER
11-14-2001, 07:49 PM
I voted for front, but I try to get as close as I can so I can get the angle on the other team.

AkaEnder
11-15-2001, 12:47 PM
i pretend to be a frontman. Im damn tall though, so mostly I just play "first one to get shot out".

PowerFedMag
11-15-2001, 02:27 PM
I tried the same thing yer talking about, 3 vs like 5, and we tore up!
Its so hilarious, the other team dives for their bunkers and just stays low cuz so much paint is being tossed!
Since there was 5 players against us, some of them actually tried to runaway as we bunkered their fellow team mates!
It was so funny, till a ball broke in my hopper and no balls were feeding...

MidgetFista
11-16-2001, 03:49 AM
I'm pretty much a frontline guy, but dependent on who i'm playing with i change positions.

I.E : if i'm playing with someone i can trust to hold the flag for a while when i'm in front i'll do so... its all about judging your own team, and your opposition. By the 3rd game i have a pretty good idea of my team and what skill level they are at. I play alot of walk-on's , quite often with the same bunch off people (small island), so the games are often quite heated and fun. We all know each others ways, and it calls for you to make a change in how u act, cus you know what the people predict you to do. Its very good training, and stops u becoming stale.

ermmmm, i feel i went off at a tangent there, so ermmm,, yeah, front player :)

:rolleyes:Neil:rolleyes:

hitech
11-16-2001, 02:15 PM
I would rather be a sniper, but almost never get the chance. I "usually" start the game in the back and end up in the front a few minutes after the start. Sprinting is for the young. :D

paintdevil1
11-16-2001, 07:52 PM
front cause I like to run up front as fast as I can and bunker foos only prob is sometimes when I'm playin rec with a bunch of noobs I over extend myself and have no support from my team

DarkPhoenix
11-17-2001, 03:15 AM
I am a fan of sniping, though it is very hard to play. On my team we use basic small group tactics, I prefer to shoot on the run, a very hard skill to master, I'm getting there. It is hard to run at full speed, keeping the marker in front of your face, pointed at the target while using your perpheral vision to not run into an obstacle, tree, bunker, etc. The best story I can use is during a rec game, myself and another player, strangely enough he was using an autococker, were the last members on our teams. It started out as a regular shoot-out, but I decided to take the game on the run. We eneded up, running parallel to each other, in the same direction. A little geographic information, FT Eustis, an Army base field that I play at, is 90 percent woods. Anyway, back to my story, we were running full bore, facing each other as we fire. As luck would have it, I tagged him out before he hit the oak tree. Unfortunately for him, his unfamiliar use of the tactic cost him a broken phase 01 autococker, a black eye, and alot of bruises, not to mention a busted face mask. It pays to practice before using any technique which might give you tunnel vision. But what the hey, it has worked great for me.

Ov3rmind
11-17-2001, 12:06 PM
I always play the front. Takin' the left tapeline is always my strategy since I like to shoot out of the right side of my bunker. All the games I play usually get me stuck in repetative snap shooting, but that's when a bunker move comes in handy.

Drizit
11-17-2001, 01:19 PM
I mostly play front or mid, I go as far as possible off the brake but since I'm 6'5" and about 275lbs I can't really get as far as our front guy. I used to be a back player and then I got a PT extreme even though it's a low quality gun it still does the job, and man does a 10 shot and reload limit get you moving. it also taught me how to play much tighter into my bunkers, and how to be much more aggressive. you really have to be in order to use it in a game of speedball with a bunch of guys shooting Angels, cockers, and bushmasters/defiants. and hey the 200 balls all day was nice on the pocket book.

DrEvil
11-17-2001, 10:07 PM
it all depends on the type of field. if its a small speedball field then I run up too far scare a bunch of people and get tagged. if its on a woods field the I run up WAY TOO far and get picked off before I even see anyone. Its gotta be the shoes.

Blennidae
11-18-2001, 01:43 PM
I agree with hitech, sprinting is for the young:D

I play rec, with no particular style. I basically let the kids run to wherever it is they feel the need to be, and wait to hear a firefight. I sorta meander over in the direction of the sound and shoot at anyone I think I can hit. I don't hose, and just play for fun.

For me personally I don't see the big thrill of flashy high ROF shooting in rec games. Most times I'm playing with a mix of players, from rentals to the flashy guys. Its usually the flashy guys who take things too seriously sometimes. If you can laugh and joke with the guy you got, or who got you, that makes for the most fun. Where is the fun in raining paint on a newbie, just so you can show off your new toy.

of course that is just my style (or lack there of) and opinion...

LizzaRTgirl14
11-18-2001, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by nutz
front all the way... crazy runs... bunker moves... geting lit up (sometimes... definitly my spot on the field
/me points to him, points to self... me too. I love bunkering people, getting bunkered my a hot gun SUCKS (happened to me yesterday)

Vegeta
11-18-2001, 04:43 PM
I dont get it. New players automatically say "ima be one of dose snipers!". Unless you play scenario, have a large barrel, ghuille, and are ASSINGED the card of a SNIPER, then you arent one. Someone in camo pants and a T-shirt with their stock spyder & 3 inch barrel isnt. It pisses me off.

I play front mostly, dont like back but it can be fun. I have a Model 98, and when im snappin off ball after ball as fast as I can, well, as most of you know, tippmanns make that hard metal 'ping' when htey shoot... and hte recoil starts piling up, its like im a heavy machine gunner in WWII.. i swear i need a tripod and a attached chair... its ****ing awesome.

mitch
11-19-2001, 06:50 PM
our three manteam is like this.
mike couves: runs to the middle and gets the pull.
he runs pretty damn fast and has a good trigger finger.

me: i can shoot pretty damn fast and im really fast.
ill usually run to the middle shoot 2 people out on the break and then bunker someone or keep them down so mike can run the flag to the middle.

doug: stands at the back and shoots paint.
and i mean shoots paint.
he uses about 800 balls a game.
he almost shot me but then i accidentally did shoot him.
but mike lit me up in the tourney because he did not see me bunker a guy and when i told him to run he thought i was on their team and he shot at me like sick.
funny..i think not.

oh well kiddle or front is where i like to go.
usually i go right tape.

mike he just goes sick and runs half the feild.
crazy little thing he is.
and then he will run around the feild getting people to shoot and waste paint and then he jumps over bunkers and crazy **** happens when you play with him.
hahahah he is only like 4 10" so he is a hard target.

hitech
11-19-2001, 07:50 PM
I guess that depends on your definition of being a sniper. I got two of what I would call "sniper kills" Saturday with my gun elevated at about a 45 degree angle. The "victim" didn't think I could reach him. Good for me, bad for him. :D

KamikazePenguin
11-19-2001, 08:16 PM
hearing the "rush em all and bunker em off the break" technique i tend to disagree that such a thing is possible. I've played in a couple tourneys myself and any decent team has 2 sometimes 3 back players off the break that walk to their bunkers throwing paint, for that strategy to work ALL of the players would have to go straight to their bunkers without throwing any paint, and you'd have to be running fast enough that you bunkered em before they got a chance to pop up and shoot you. If you ever tried to pull that in any of the tourneys i've played, your whole team would be waxed by the time you were at the 50, especially with no back guys to keep their back guys in. Sorry, it just wouldn't work, and i don't believe your stories unless the team you played against was VERY new.

KamikazePenguin
11-19-2001, 08:22 PM
also, if you lose 1 or 2 people, you didn't max...you lose points for that

Mojojojo
11-20-2001, 03:52 PM
i ply front...even tho, i'm rather big....5'9" and about 250....but hell ever see a fat guy run? it could scare a guy poopless especially if he has on a neon orange shirt..and has guns a blazing