PDA

View Full Version : XMag Question

Beauty
01-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Where can I get a low pressure regulator? I have 2.4 flashed on my xMag, is it worth it to have it flashed for 4.0 or does 2.4 work just fine?

Dayspring
01-25-2005, 11:37 AM
You can't get 4.0. It was a beta software and never fully supported by AGD.

3.2 is the latest and yes, it IS worth the upgrade.

And why do you need a LP regulator? It has an integrated regulator in the valve.

White_Noise
01-25-2005, 11:38 AM
impossible to get 4.0. youll have to get 3.2. which is deffinately worth it.

please tell me you need the regulator for another marker. mags dont need any other regulator. pending on the marker, IE cockers, id suggest the palmer micro rock LPR.

Beauty
01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
What PSI is the intergrated regulator in the valve set for? I currently own a RT Classic with lvl 10 and it shoots awesome. My husband bestfriend wants to buy it soooo bad, but I am not sure once I really start using my XMag I will make my final decision to keep it or not. I will still get to see it if I do sell it to him, so that's good.

Are there some really noticable differences between 2.4 and 3.2? What is the Hybrid setting on the marker do? I obviously know what the manual is. There are 3 settings correct?

Dayspring
01-25-2005, 12:42 PM
The regulator is how you set your velocity. I wouldn't worry so much about the regulator part of the gun. It will recharge faster than ANY reg you can buy (save the AKA 2 Liter and that's a toss up.)

And yes, 3.2 includes a shot buffering feature that will smooth out the paint stream.

Settings-

Manual with no electronics- shoots like an RT
E mode (with electronics)- short light. Shoots like any other Electro
Hybrid- manual w/ electronics- short pull with RT kick. REAL bouncy.

Recon by Fire
01-25-2005, 08:26 PM
When I had my X-mag flashed to 3.2 it felt like a whole new marker!

Beauty
01-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Does anyone is Arizona flash for 3.2? Obviously that's where I live. Any PB shops that anyone knows of that does it?

Aleis
01-27-2005, 01:15 AM
i got mine done by Tunaman look up his profile on hte forums, Definatly worth flashing.

Also if you gun has that old of firmwere t might have the fullauto problem with the solenoid as well, if you find that there is a spot in thte trigger in E mode taht the gun seems to go full auto, what you have to do is get teh wires connected to teh solenoid switched any one able to use a sodering gun can do that, just make sure you trust them. you don't have to fix it, it won't hurt the gun but it's not whats supposed to happen.

And mags work on high pressure so a low pressure reg will make your mag not work,
the back half of the mags valve is in itself a reg, but if you feel you need an adjustable reg before that get one thats built on tank, and make sure it's high pressure not low or medium.