PDA

View Full Version : Asa

Beauty
01-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I am sort of a newbie, but I keep reading about putting oil in the ASA and I have no clue what that is or where that's at. I need to really oil my marker tonight and want to make sure I get oil where the oil needs to be. AutoMag RT Classic with lvl 10. Thanks for any info.

Dayspring
01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
ASA = Air Source Adapter

That's where you screw your tank in. If you have an adjustable/non-screw in, put a few drops of oil in the air line between the tank and the gun.

Beauty
01-25-2005, 12:48 PM
My AutoMag RT doesn't have that hose that goes from the tank to the valve, it has the metal piping thing, I am not sure how to refer to that. Will it be okay if I oil it the way to said with this setup.

Dayspring
01-25-2005, 12:59 PM
If you have a screw in tank, just put a few drops in where the threads are and screw the tank in. Fire it a few times without the barrel and you're done.

Beauty
01-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Cool, sorry to be so difficult. Should I take the valve out and clean that up also before I do this? I was playing rec ball with it on Sunday and it stopped firing on me I gave it a good wack where you adjust the velocity and a large amount of air came out and it started firing again. I think it might need oil, but I just didn't know how much and really where. The other times I just kind of guessed. I haven't had a chance to do much with it since then, we have 3 small children to tend to, but I should be able to get to it tonight. Thank you so much.

Mer
01-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey, asking questions so you do it right the first time is not being difficult.

Good luck,

Eric

Dayspring
01-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Taking the valve out and putting a few drops on the on/off pin assembly and on the bolt piston would help as well.

Beauty
01-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Great, thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Dayspring
01-25-2005, 01:50 PM
FYI- when I say the bolt piston, I mean the small piston that goes into the powertube and seals against the carrier, not the outside of the powertube.

Also, check and make sure your clear bumper is in good shape. Mine was all tore up and was acting like yours- had to hit the back of the gun to fire.

Beauty
01-25-2005, 03:10 PM
I will check that too. Thanks for the info. Me and my 11 year old daughter were behind a bush when my marker wouldn't fire and I had to take her spyder while she walked my marker out, that was the first time it started acting up. The second time was when it had to wack it then shot fine.

By the way she suggested that she walk my gun out.

Anyway thanks for all of the information. I really appreciate it. I am sure I will be back when I receive my Xmag. I can't wait.

Aleis
01-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Oh and that metal piping stuff is refered to as Hardline

Beauty
01-27-2005, 03:22 PM
I always wondered what that was called. Thanks.

okiTony
01-28-2005, 09:56 AM
I think you should really need to learn how to keep Mags clean and oiled. Especially since you’re getting an Xmag. That is a awesome gun and I'm pretty sure you paid some cash for it. Mags LOVE oil.... Good luck :cheers:

Beauty
02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks I am learning all about the X-Mag or at least trying to. Yes, the do love oil. My RT was having some problems and it seems that the oil fixed them.