PDA

View Full Version : What I would like to see from AGD

Dave
11-12-2001, 08:52 PM
First of all, I don't know that much about the Emag X-Treme, so if any info below is incorrect, please feel free to correct me! :)

I know how much AGD values our input into their products to help them make better products, and we should tell them our ideas and give them feed back and such...well, I was cruising on the AGD Europe site, when I found the Emag X-treme page, so I went there, and it had the marker price, then the price of an upgrade...and you know what jumped in my mind just then??? The Automag-to-Emag upgrade! Remember for a limited time, we could send in our automag, and AGD would fit it with the Emag rail and frame and all the goodies? Well, what if AGD was to put together a bare-bones essential Emag X-treme kit for turning our Automags or Retromags or RTs into Emag X-tremes!!! Now for the questions:

1. Would this be possible? Would AGD have to design the parts different to fit the valve?

2. Would this be cost effective? Would AGD be able to offer this great option at a cost that would be beneficial to both them and the customer?

3. Is it practical? Would it make sense to take your ol' mag and try to transform it into the most advanced marker today?

These might be questions that AGD would have to answer. I just thought of this idea today, and since AGD wants feedback for their products, I wanted to tell them. And if something like this became available, I would save all my money up and get it definitely!!! The X-Treme has to be the coolest marker ever made, and being able to provide that in a less-expensive kit/trade in would be the coolest deal. I don't know if any of this is possible, but if it is....somehow...I would really like that, and I am sure others would as well!

Please let me know what you all think!

-Dave

Russ
11-12-2001, 09:02 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12544

Miscue
11-12-2001, 11:33 PM
EMag to Extreme will be done. I'm curious myself as to how much it's going to cost and when... To upgrade a Mag you would need to replace these parts: ..... the whole gun. An RT Pro..... pretty much the whole gun once again, minus the valve. I don't think it's feasible/cost effective, doubt that will ever happen.

Cha0tic
11-13-2001, 10:53 AM
e-mag to e-mag extreme would be pretty easy. you would just have to replace the body? this would probably cost a couple hundred dollars?

Dave
11-13-2001, 03:25 PM
I got this off the AGD Europe site...I don't quite understand it. It is talking about the Emag X-treme and the upgrade package...

"The system is available as a complete marker, and as an upgrade
package. There are two feed modules currently available
- center feed or warp feed.
The Xtreme Marker & Upgrade Package will include
1 x Module of your choice, either center or warp Feed,
with the option to purchase additional modules.
The aluminum body reduces the weight of the marker by approx
2-3 ozs, but with the introduction of our new Cut & Carve version,
coming soon, we hope to reduce the weight even further.

The good news is that the upgrade package will retro fit onto
Automags, Minimags & RT Pro's with only the addition of an RT Pro
Sear Assembly & RT Pro Sear Pin required.
MSRP E-mag Xtreme Black approx £790 Ex Tax
MSRP E-Mag Xtreme Colour approx £875 Ex Tax
MSRP Xtreme Upgrade Package All Colours approx £215 Ex Tax
MSRP Xtreme Xtra Modules All Colours approx £45 Ex Tax"

it says the 'upgrade package' will retro fit onto automags, so what is this upgrade package? It costs 215, which I guess is around $300-$350 US...what sort of upgrade would this be...hehe, if it would be doing your gun over with the X-treme parts, then this would be a wonderful deal, but for only $350...when the Automag-to-Emag was $600...so what might this upgrade package be? I am very curious to find out!

Well, in any case...when I have them money, I will be thinkin' about an EMag X-treme! Thanks AGD!:)

-Dave

Russ
11-13-2001, 03:37 PM
I guess that the "upgrade package" is to transform an E-Mag into an Extreme. Kinda pricey for an aluminum mainbody, but heck, it shaves 2 to 3 ounces off :rolleyes: