PDA

View Full Version : difference between BKO and Bushmaster

master_alexander
01-25-2005, 07:48 PM
well is there really a difference between a bushmaster and a bko? i know they are both made by ICD and have almost the same specs. i am also talking about the 04 verson, with out PDS.

Chris at Tech
01-25-2005, 07:51 PM
BKO is spring returned, BM is air returned.

The platform the Bushmaster is build around (the air return 4-way) is capable of cycling faster....although the BKO can still cycle around 17 cps.

Chronobreak
01-25-2005, 08:34 PM
BKO is spring returned, BM is air returned.

The platform the Bushmaster is build around (the air return 4-way) is capable of cycling faster....although the BKO can still cycle around 17 cps.

HUH :confused: ..i thought they both used noids....they just have diff noid versions i think..or they DID

--edit i also think they have diff regs..and some other minor diff.like milling

skife
01-25-2005, 09:23 PM
HUH :confused: ..i thought they both used noids....they just have diff noid versions i think..or they DID

--edit i also think they have diff regs..and some other minor diff.like milling

difference is the noids.

as the dude above you said.

the BKO uses a spring to make the bolt go back
and the b2k uses a ram.

the BKO operates alot like a spyder actually.

dave p
01-25-2005, 09:32 PM
the bko operates exactly nothing like a spyder, its blow forward, spring return. stacked tubes are the only similarity.

peewee
01-25-2005, 09:52 PM
both are good markers in my opinion, bko has the spring return that maxes the markers physical ability at 18 bps. To me thats more than fast enough, lord knows I will never be able to pull that. As far a function/dependable the bushy has shown to be less problematic.

ShadowCaster
01-25-2005, 11:40 PM
BKO is most like a T1

Bushmaster is Most like an Imp or intimidator with differences in the front block area.

Best analogies there are IMO

Big Weapons
01-26-2005, 01:20 AM
There will be fewer similiarities as the 05 line is released. But there will be an extra similiarity: stock PDS on both markers!

abunkerer
01-26-2005, 01:57 AM
does the freestyle have a "spring returned" bolt as well?
I thought I read that somewhere, I still have yet to shoot one of those guns....

I also read that the bko/bushmaster line is soon to come out with a "trayless" design that will make the gun shorter, anyone got any inside info on that rumor?

this ICD company is so.... mysterious :rofl:

RetroEclipseMan
01-26-2005, 02:12 AM
The freestyle's bolt is not returned by a spring but by an lpr. From what I've heard and what i've seen in picutres the B2k5 doesn't have the tray and looks a lot shorter than the older models. Anyone ever shoot one of the new b2k's yet?

Chris at Tech
01-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Word is that year 2005 Bushmasters will be available in early March. As such, I don't think you'll find anyone who's shot one, unless ICD had them aired up at World Cup :)

ojhspyro89
01-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah they look perdy cool

and the whole thign about BKOs being mechanically capped at 18 bps is kinda iffy.
There are vids that are sound anylyzed to be up to 20 bps or so. If ya look around there are some out there.

Bkos are extreemly light too. Mine is only like 2 pounds with drop and stuff on it.

the o5 looks really cool and doesnt have a tray, there are pics around some places.

Duzzy
01-26-2005, 03:47 PM
I think if you compare the BKO to the Kingman EM1 then you have a pretty fair comparison. One thing I have heard about BKO's is that they don't have as much life as B2Ks. Something about not being made for thousands upon thousands of shots. It probably has to do with the spring though.

skife
01-26-2005, 08:17 PM
the bko operates exactly nothing like a spyder, its blow forward, spring return. stacked tubes are the only similarity.

i mean, except for the part with the cup seal and such.

its basically a pnumatic spyder.

gas operated ram moves the bolt forward and hits the cup seal to make it fire on a bko

a spring moves the bolt and hammer forward then it opesn up the cup seal on a spyder.

not much difference once you open them up.