PDA

View Full Version : Disadvantages of reverse xvalve...or, why the right side?

trains are bad
01-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Why do xvalves mostly have the air input on the right side? Maybe it's me but I've always, being right handed, thought it should be on the left....maybe it's because my first mag was reverse. Is there some reason for it being on the right that I'm not seeing?

trains are bad
01-25-2005, 09:45 PM
See if it was on the left it would hide behind the warpfeed elbow and remove an insignificant piece of profile. Btw I'm going to paint that elbow, lol.

deadbox101
01-25-2005, 09:55 PM
on the left a right handed person could knock it lose when gripping the foregrip i guess?? maybe not i dunno

Xzion
01-25-2005, 10:09 PM
I personally have always wanted a reverse valve. never found a 'convenient' place to get one however. I'm right handed and typically sight down along the right hand side of the body, right where my fittings are into the valve. if I ever upgrade to an X-Valve from my ReTro, I may have to look into a reverse valve. Would be interesting if they gave the option to have inlet ports on either side of the valve. at least then it would be flexible for potentially changing setups.

magman007
01-26-2005, 12:43 AM
if your right handed, and playing correctly, how do you sight down the right side of the gun? or are you telling me you use your right hand to play the left side of bunkers? either way, your leaving alot hanging out

minimag03
01-26-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm right handed and aim (yes aim :D ) with my left eye. I use a reverse valve because the air line doesn't get in the way of my right hand. My first mag was a HL Minimag, and I liked it, so I stuck with it.

-minimag03

Lohman446
01-26-2005, 07:03 AM
I specified a reverse X-valve on my Devilmag just to keep it out of the way - with a gas thru grip and fittings set well it will almost allow me a site plane down the marcro-line.

Xzion
02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
if your right handed, and playing correctly, how do you sight down the right side of the gun? or are you telling me you use your right hand to play the left side of bunkers? either way, your leaving alot hanging out

Between my warp, and my Z-Grip on my 'mag I can tilt my marker and sight with my right eye keeping things tucked in pretty well. Usually little more showing than my barrel, some of my goggles and at most a sliver of my shoulder. that and with my setup I have the back of the valve extremly close to my goggles so I have a tendancy to be able to 'look past' the marker pretty well. I've worked a lot on it in front of a mirror. :ninja: ;)

mixwell2
02-03-2005, 01:34 PM
thank god I am a lefty

spasticsquirrel
02-03-2005, 03:50 PM
im righty and have a normal xvalve
its fine, doesnt get into the way.

frischtr
02-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Route the airline around the back of the gun, down to the ASA... I do that and it doesn't get in my way at all... BTW, I'm a righty...

personman
02-03-2005, 05:10 PM
thank god I am a lefty
:)

Maggot6
02-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I had never thought about a reverse valve... I don't think it'd be a badidea, but the fittings never get in my way anyway...