PDA

View Full Version : The "Real" Problem with Mags

ebola
01-25-2005, 10:19 PM
The problem with mags is they are built to well. I own two mags, RT purchased used in 1999 and an E-mag puchased 2003. I play two weekends a month, use about 2000 balls a weekend. This past weekend I decided to play with my "Old" RT that has not been gased up in two years. It chroned at 280,282,280 fps with no adjustment and no leaks. It has been sitting for two years!! The reliabilty of the automag is its problem. I really did not need to purchase another marker but I wanted an Emag. I could easily been using my RT and am confident it would not have died in the past two years. If duracell built batterys like this they would do great for a few years then go broke because no one would need to buy another battery. I love my mags, love the durabilty and reliablity, but am not in the market for another for a long time, sorry AGD. If mags were built like spyders I would need a new one every one to two years.

peewee
01-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Yea but now they come in flavors!!! Blue , red etc

WenULiVeUdiE
01-25-2005, 10:29 PM
In a small way it is a problem. They aren't making as much money off of replacement parts as others, but who is? They gain a good reputation for this. But then again many people buy mags because of their reliablility.

ebola
01-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Do you spent another $400 dollars just to change colors? Not me.

Echo419
01-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Ummm actually...

When you buy a RT-ULE Custom, u can get a Annoed Body, and a Annoed Xvalve... flavor that

paintballr87
01-25-2005, 10:53 PM
May I ask, what it is with the major amount of " what wrong/going to happen to AGD" thread. I know there is a need for concern with a not to shiny image in todays world of baling and that TK retired but why some many threads?

ebola
01-25-2005, 11:20 PM
When you buy an RT Ule you still get the same valve, same performance as a RT Classic, again nothing new. Why would I spend $400 dollars to have the same gun a different color and a few grams lighter. ULEs are way cool, but I would not purchase one to replace my RT, again no real gain in performance.

What the deal with all the Whats wrong threads?

Well I love my mag and hope AGD stays around for years to come, some of the threads are constructive, if anyone in charge is reading them, from the people who are using their products on a regular basis. Its called customer feedback.

REDRT
01-26-2005, 01:17 AM
When you buy an RT Ule you still get the same valve, same performance as a RT Classic, again nothing new. Why would I spend $400 dollars to have the same gun a different color and a few grams lighter. ULEs are way cool, but I would not purchase one to replace my RT, again no real gain in performance.

What the deal with all the Whats wrong threads?

Well I love my mag and hope AGD stays around for years to come, some of the threads are constructive, if anyone in charge is reading them, from the people who are using their products on a regular basis. Its called customer feedback.

The Classic RT is superior in craftsmanship. The RTP ule has only slightly improved with more features. I'd agree with ebola.

MindJob
01-26-2005, 08:28 AM
people sometimes buy new things just for the sake of having the newest and bestest. Paintball guns are a prime example of this.

SlartyBartFast
01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Do you spent another $400 dollars just to change colors? Not me.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not paying much attention to the aftermarket annodising businesses, are you.....

Vanced
01-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Well I can't speak for AGD, but the fact that their products have superb quality certainly isn't a problem for me!

:rolleyes:

tyrion2323
01-26-2005, 12:38 PM
The problem with mags is they are built to well. I own two mags, RT purchased used in 1999 and an E-mag puchased 2003. I play two weekends a month, use about 2000 balls a weekend. This past weekend I decided to play with my "Old" RT that has not been gased up in two years. It chroned at 280,282,280 fps with no adjustment and no leaks. It has been sitting for two years!! The reliabilty of the automag is its problem. I really did not need to purchase another marker but I wanted an Emag. I could easily been using my RT and am confident it would not have died in the past two years. If duracell built batterys like this they would do great for a few years then go broke because no one would need to buy another battery. I love my mags, love the durabilty and reliablity, but am not in the market for another for a long time, sorry AGD. If mags were built like spyders I would need a new one every one to two years.

HAHAHA - yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Do you even know how many Spyders and Tippmans are used as rental guns? Spyders are great, reliable guns. Heck, i'd wager that you could run a mech spyder over with a car and it would work fine.

The problem with mags is way more complex than that. Want a list?
- no advertising or promotion
- poor efficiency
- inability to function properly below 800psi
- reactive anti-chop system instead of a pro-active anti-chop system
- unwillingness on behalf of AGD to advance the product
- the list goes on...

Jack & Coke
01-26-2005, 01:21 PM
The REAL problem with the mag is the poor per tank efficency (i.e. can't go deep into the tank):mad:

All my mags fizzle out anywhere between 675-900 psi , depending on what bolt spring i choose to use. That's a lot of wasted air pressure.

Other than that, it's just about perfect. :)

Maggot6
01-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah, that makes a bit of sense. I was just thinking as to why I bought my mag, and it was because my spyder kept ****ing on me, between 3 hours of play, I'd soend at least 45 minutes fixing or ajusting things. So I went to the mags, and I've had between 1 - 10 chops, and I waste 30 seconds each. How I love it....But, I guess it is better than the mags being a profitable company, and that you have to rebuy the markers every year.

bunkerhugger
01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
I aired up my level 5 mag a couple nights ago to tune it up for a scenario game this weekend. Still works great, has never had a seal changed in it. Fourteen years and still works like it was meant to.