PDA

View Full Version : on/off trouble

armyballer
01-26-2005, 01:42 AM
my on/off keeps poping out of my valve on my Xmag when i shoot it anyone know what the problem might be and how to solve it

athomas
01-26-2005, 10:38 AM
You'll have to explain your problem in more detail.

The on-off can't go anywhere while the valve is in the gun. The pin pushes down on the back of the sear. The assembly pushes down on the body. Nothing can "pop out" unless it is not assembled properly.

armyballer
01-26-2005, 04:13 PM
ok sorry my bad my on/off assembly pops out of my valve when i shoot my marker
ill try to get a picture up so you guys can see it

Aleis
01-26-2005, 11:25 PM
do you mean when you are trying to remove the valve after you've gassed the gun up the on/off pin sits low catching on the hole the sear goes through to actuate it?

try switching it to mech mode then pulling the trigger to get the sear to psh it back in, i have this problem with a glactize Z body.

but it shouldn't be able to "pop out" since it's held in by the body

50 cal
01-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Is it stuck out when you try to disassemble it? My friend had a classic with that problem. He bought it from someone else and they had monkeyed with it. We got a new on/off pin and it worked fine.
The pin that was in it was too short, I think someone tried to shorten it to give it a "lighter" pull. There are a few shops that think this is a quicky trigger job and charge people for messing up their guns.
I bought an RT from a guy that had a shortened on/off. he said someone told him that would give it more reactivity or go full auto. :rolleyes: