PDA

View Full Version : New car

B.A.M.
01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Well i just about to get my new car. Its a green 94 concord with 91,000 miles for a couple grand. Is that a good pick up. I'll try to get some pics later.

purple
01-26-2005, 01:30 PM
the miles are fairly high, you might want to have a mechanic take a look at it. you can turn the wheels all the way to one side and check the CV axle boots, those normally are done by 90,000 miles, and they cost a ton to replace if you dont have the skills/location to do it yourself. might want to save some money and pick up a newer used car. i got screwed on a similar deal

Purple

Lohman446
01-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Well i just about to get my new car. Its a green 94 concord with 91,000 miles for a couple grand. Is that a good pick up. I'll try to get some pics later.

Its about the price I paid for my 02 Taurus (120K miles) - oh yeh, I'm a dealer :D. Its not a bad price, if I recall those had a timing belt driven by the water pump on some engines, it may be worth getting replaced as they were called for, I beleive, at 100K. Other than that they seem to be a reasonable car assuming the transmissions hold - that seems to be the weak point in Fords and Chryslers in the early 90's.

B.A.M.
01-26-2005, 06:18 PM
ya also the guy i got it from is a friend of my dad and had it checked by the dealer ship frequently