PDA

View Full Version : Had a bad day.

indulgence
01-26-2005, 12:43 PM
at the start of the day, everything was great. The lvl 10 was nicely tuned, no chuffing, no nothing.

Middle of the day. the valve/bolt starts leaking. So I thought it would go away after a few shots.. doesn't. So I thought it was low on gas... wasn't that (even though fills were only going up to 2k). So then I thought, I had to regas it up. Still leaks.

After that I decided to open it up and remove a shim. Still leaks. So then I went down a carrier size (notice I am at 1 groove and I dont have my .5 because someone else is using it, kinda small) leaks stop, bolt is strong though. So I put in a shim. For some reason I just wanted to hit the field and decided that the halo should keep up. 1 round later while waiting I hear a leak. Now this is a pretty small carrier right now. So I go down to the last size, no markings at all. Same thing happens, after 1 round I start to hear a small leak. So with the bad air and the frustration. I got a fill and decided that the o-ring just wasn't doing it. So I got a new one and started at 2 grooves 1 dot (2.5) no shims. Leaks. Go down to 2 grooves. Leaks. Then I go down to 1 groove 1 dot (1.5) leaks. Then I go down to 1 groove, no leaks. okay, seems fine. Hit the field 1 game I start to hear that pesky little leak. Now I think to myself. I shouldn't be using that small of a carrier. The end of the day nears and I decided to try it with another o-ring. Same results.

If anyone can help me, please let me know. thanks.

athomas
01-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Take the shims out of the level 10 setup. Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

indulgence
01-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Yea.. but the smallest one. didn't leak when gassed up, but leaked after 1 round of shooting

Chronobreak
01-26-2005, 02:30 PM
change the carrier o-ring and rest it up

mag88888
01-26-2005, 03:35 PM
lube the poo out of everything.