PDA

View Full Version : Repost: Brad Scott's Place Burned Down in Nov

Z-man
01-26-2005, 05:30 PM
OK I don't know HOW I missed this but it looks like back in November that our Brad who hosted our NorCal vs. SoCal AO Day lost everything. I was chatting online with Will Fonda, one of the core organizers of the first year and he confirmed that it was indeed our Brad.

Heck even our BAND leader LPB POSTED about this! How did this slip through the cracks!?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158422

I myself and ashamed that I did not follow up sooner on this and I will be searching eBay and other avenues to locate some parts for Brad. I would like to try and get him a new gun.

Now Brad is a guy who played with his MiniMag for over 10 years and as you see it in that picture in the other thread is how it has remained. This means that while we could get him some killer exotic X-Valve MAG, I don't think it's what he wants. I propose we put together a nice simple setup like:

-Classic Valve
-Stock AM/MM rail (we could get a milled out if we wanted to go nutz I guess : )
-ULE body or SS one of that is going to far
-Some nice barrel (Lapco, old SS Smart Part 12” I dunno..)
-Stock Carbon Fiber grips or a standard blade intelliframe (I don't think he wants a vert frame of any kind)
-A nice 9/12v Revy or something like that

I will spend a little time hunting around and try to get this thing rolling by posting up what I will donate so that we know what is still needed. With NorCal vs. SoCal coming up in April, I would very much like to see this guy come out to play with us after all he has done.

joez
01-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I dont know the guy or anything, but i think i still have an old minimag body laying arround here i could clean up and donate.

Eatem Alive
01-26-2005, 05:58 PM
anything for a needy ao'er...especially one from ca. i can donate a black x-valve, black ule body or a black rogue rail. let me know zak.

evildead420
01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
i have barrels i can donate. there twistlock too. let me know if i can put a smile too on Brad ;) lmk z man

Z-man
01-26-2005, 06:42 PM
AO never ceaces to amaze me. I think we can make just what Brad had before and even better! I would really like to make a card to give him as well. How do you all think wold be best? I can send a Priorety envelope out to those who donate and PayPal you all a few $$ to cover the cost... hmm but that would take a few weeks just to GET around wouldn't it...

Perhapse a simple email and I can prin them all up and put them the box.... hmmm

Or! what if the people what would like to send a letter sent one to me (I will be happy to pay a few bucks for the cards/evelopes and the postage) then I could put them all in the box! That is probably best. Thoughts?

Blennidae
01-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I have a spare black 12v revy for the cause.

SpecialBlend2786
01-26-2005, 07:49 PM
I have a stock carbon fiber grip that i'll donate. Also have a SP teardrop (twist loc)

Blazestorm
01-26-2005, 08:26 PM
I offer my clear x-board revy for the cause :P

Better then that goofy black one :D!

Old-style shells too... :)

I also have an RT-Pro rail + foregrip + foregrip extender you could use... slap on a frame + body + sear?

I do have an x-valve too, but I'm not going to donate that... I need money to play too...

_tMAN
01-26-2005, 09:49 PM
I'll try to give a couple of dollars through paypal. Just a little, it's all I have remaining in my paypal account. It's not much, but hey, anything and everything helps.

wallace9111
01-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Brad is a great guy that helped throw the AO Nor Cal vs. So cal meet last year. He puts everything he has into paintball and asks nothing back! He is such a great guy everyone should help out.

He bunkered Tom for gods sake! That derserves something right there. Thanks for helping out everyone.

Will

1977FordBronco
01-27-2005, 09:07 PM
I have a 10" cocker threaded Stainless ANS 3-D barrel that I can donate if the setup consists of a ULE body.l

stondroopy
01-27-2005, 09:19 PM
i got a single trigger frame if you can use it

Steelrat
01-27-2005, 11:10 PM
I've got a 4 pod pack I can toss in. Or, if we are just concentrating on the gun, I can toss in some cash.

Carbon
01-28-2005, 01:42 AM
I have a nickle ULE body to give. Freallz. Good luck Brad.

1977FordBronco
01-28-2005, 02:56 AM
I have a nickle ULE body to give. Freallz. Good luck Brad.

That nickle body would look awsome with the polished stainless barrel I have

1977FordBronco
01-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Oh...and I was at my local store buying paint for this weekend today and they have a brand new MM for sale that they found in a box in the back of the store a couple months ago.

guysdaman
01-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Don't have much but I have a system-X drop & asa and am/mm sear w/pin to donate.
LMK

SCpoloRicker
01-28-2005, 12:34 PM
You guys are awesome. No mag parts, but ya know I can throw down some loot.

lmk

$$

Target Practice
01-28-2005, 12:43 PM
I got a mint Tunarail, no sear, but it's super nice. And, I live in the same county. Central Coast represent!

Mighty Mike
01-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Is there an address we can start mailing this stuff to?? I've got a couple brand new xxl JT Jerseys, a chrome 32 degree flame drop w/ on/off asa, a chrome pf automag body, and some mag barrels i would like to donate.

Army
01-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Zak and Will, tell him that whatever he wants, he gets, at Breakout.....on me.

Z-man
01-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Zak and Will, tell him that whatever he wants, he gets, at Breakout.....on me.

Now look what you did! Here we go to start getting the parts for a gun together for this guy and you just jump in and offer to buy the whole thing for him? You're no fun. :rofl:

But on a serious note, here is a good idea based on this new turn of events (thanks Ryan). Army buys the Mag setup at Breakout which is nice because he lives right near Brad so there is no shipping involved for all these parts we were collecting. But I would still like to give something to the cause, so how about this:

I suggest those interested send $5-10 to Army. That way we still get to participate and spread the load over a bunch of us. Sure many here can afford to drop $1-200 on a gun setup but that is not the point.

SO order of operation

1- Come up with a build for Brad
2- Army post your PayPal address
3- People interested can send what they can/want
4- Army is required to take at least 1 image of the Mag for us to see as well as 1 picture of it with Brad :)

Since Brad liked his Classic MiniMag what do you all think? Should we get him as close to the same thing as possible? Should we make his classic a ULE so he gets the same trigger feel but the luxury of a lighter setup?

Lee
01-28-2005, 04:23 PM
get the man whatever he wants. i'm down for some $$.

phantomhitman
01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
i say if you are going to do it, go all out. just get a new minimag, xvalve, ule body, intelliframe, and at least a revy. if he likes the classic mags he will lvoe the nice lighter, faster, prettier ones! the only downside i see is the need for a compressed air system, and maybe someone will dump off a tank for cheap or give one away.

cockerkiller68
02-21-2005, 01:50 PM
What does he still need??

Have a couple things layin around...not much, but we'll see