PDA

View Full Version : Cauliflower ear

sharpshooter1286
01-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Has anyone had any experience with this? My ear sorta hurts inside the lobe, and I'm extremely worried about it. I haven't worn my headgear every day at wrestling, and I'm positive that my ear has been rubbed up against/ hit against stuff. It does have the normal pinkish color, and I can't tell if theres swelling or not, which is good I think because I don't see any swelling at all. It hurts when I rub it with my fingers. Im going to get it checked out ASAP.

magman007
01-26-2005, 07:39 PM
you know how to prevent this?> WEAR your DAMN HEAD GEAR!!!!!

its there for a reason!

and it really isnt that uncomfortable, get over it

Eatem Alive
01-26-2005, 07:55 PM
dude, have you ever seen it? it is not pretty. check this (http://www.dimdima.com/Science/science_common/show_science.asp?q_aid=181&q_title=Cauliflower+ear)

tropical_fishy
01-26-2005, 07:58 PM
you have to go to the doctor and get all the fluid drained out, or else it gets all infected and other funness.

next time wear your freaking headgear.

SCpoloRicker
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
meh, I have a buddy whose into MMA, and he claims chicks dig it. Even if they don't, pretty much any dude will know you are "one with whom one should not screw."

la690
01-26-2005, 08:15 PM
i got that crap in gym class a few years ago just from wrestling for a couple days. the upper part of my ear is hard now but i guess it doesnt really matter. maybe some people arent as lucky as i was though.

sharpshooter1286
01-26-2005, 08:17 PM
funny, my dad just told me it takes years of rubbing and stuff to the ears before you actually get it.

tropical_fishy
01-26-2005, 08:39 PM
as a female, I say no to cauliflower ear.

it really doesn't make you look badass. ;)

Yudanja
01-27-2005, 07:26 AM
the only treatment for it is......prevention.

You cant get rid of it once you have it, maybe plastic surgery. But then you will have michael jackson ears and run the risk of looking like an elf.

I train in jiu-jitsu and have not bought headgear yet, 1st time I have a sore ear...I am buying some headgear.

The Action Figure
01-27-2005, 09:16 AM
pshhh. Headgear is overrated, I never wear mine or neepads. whats you weight class

sharpshooter1286
02-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Well I'm supposed to be 215, but we don't have a heavyweight so I'm actually the 275 as well. AND this is my first year wrestling, yet I still have quite a few wins at 275, I just tire the big fat boys out and then I can do whatever I want.

SAW
02-15-2005, 08:22 PM
you know how to prevent this?> WEAR your DAMN HEAD GEAR!!!!!

its there for a reason!

and it really isnt that uncomfortable, get over it
Exactly. After a while I got used to it.

Action Figure, I'm 5'7", 125 lbs. I love my weightclass. :)

spazzed
02-15-2005, 08:49 PM
pshhh. Headgear is overrated, I never wear mine or neepads. whats you weight class

Quit trying to sound like a badass. Headgear's required for a reason. Kneepads, up to the person, but they do come in handy. I was actually a LOT more agile once I started wearing mine. They're good for ya, give 'em a shot youngin :p

Warewolf50
02-15-2005, 10:35 PM
my friend got it once when he wrestled it was sick looking. When he got it drained he had to have like a paper towel thing stapled to his ear for liek a week.

dirty_canadian4894
02-15-2005, 11:39 PM
a friend of mine has it, you cant really tell though, his parents own the local paintball field that i work at and he tried draining the crap out of it on his own and he says that that worked fine.

he always wears his headgear.

SAW
02-16-2005, 06:46 AM
a friend of mine has it, you cant really tell though, his parents own the local paintball field that i work at and he tried draining the crap out of it on his own and he says that that worked fine.

he always wears his headgear.
Does it fit correctly?

PumpPlayer
02-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Action Figure, I'm 5'7", 125 lbs. I love my weightclass. :)
Are you missing a leg?

SAW
02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Both.

Not really. I'm "small", yet I have a healthy record on the mat.

spyderkiller
02-17-2005, 03:39 AM
I got it a little bit just my senior year...wore my headgear every year before that, but we had a new coach senior year and he didn't really stress the importance. Now I have no feeling in my right ear and the top is really hard like bone. Coach's nephew, state runner up at 171 lbs. has it like mad crazy...from what I've seen, you can tell the badasses from how screwed up their ears are....(except for me...mine doesn't look screwed up...that's how I tricked people into thinking I sucked) Anyway...I would recommend wearing your headgear at practice...

peewee
02-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Always wear your gear !!! If its not swollen ice it a bit, dont mess with it. If you can tell you have fluid get it drained. Dont wait around GIT R DONE!!

Mighty Mike
02-18-2005, 12:37 AM
In my brazillian jiu-jitsu school, cauliflower ear is like a badge of honor. A lot of guys were happy to get it just to show others that they were some serious grapplers. So let this be a lesson to you, the next time you get into a fight, look at the person's ears. If it's cauliflower'ed, get ready because the fight will be going to the ground. ;)

myangelrocks
02-19-2005, 01:30 AM
meh, I have a buddy whose into MMA, and he claims chicks dig it.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Chicks dig deformities! (the toothless truck stop prostitute kind)

Even if they don't, pretty much any dude will know you are "one with whom one should not screw."

Or "one who has recieved quite a beating". Usually when you're banged up people get the idea YOU got your butt kicked.

Glickman
02-19-2005, 02:09 AM
could be a fungus, like ringworm or something like that. heard its kinda common among wrestling mats