PDA

View Full Version : Plastic nubbins under fire!

Gunga
11-12-2001, 10:17 PM
Welp, I got my nubbins last week and used them at the field this past weekend. Here's some of the particulars of my equipment if it matters.

Automag w/extended nose foamie bolt
Freak barrel w/.687 insert
Big Ball paint
Pure Energy 4.5k psi, 68 ci preset tank

As Gambit 1106 noted in http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15113&highlight=plastic , "First off the nubbins had a problem when I tried to insert the barrel in the marker. The tab that sticks out the back of the barrel sits off the barrel to much and made it tough to get the barrel in."

I had the same problem, so I compared the plastic nubbin to a p-nubbin. They're pretty much the same thickness, but the plastic nubbin is much wider, so I trimmed off some of the plastic. This solved the problem.

Another bonus is that I didn't bust one of these nubbins. I would have to replace a busted p-nubbin every other time I went paintballing.

As the saying goes, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'. So here is the equivalent of 3,000 words. :)

Gunga
11-12-2001, 10:18 PM
Here's some of the wear that occured on the tip, compared to an unused plastic nubbin.

Gunga
11-12-2001, 10:19 PM
And a side view of the used vs new plastic nubbin.

As a note, this image is blown up quite a bit. The amount of plastic worn away (determined by the oh-so-scientific 'eyeball it' method) is approx 1/32".

Hope this helps! :)

blackmag
11-12-2001, 10:48 PM
Great job nice pictures and info..i wonder is AGD going to make some adjustments and sell them on the market. I have a vertical feed gun and i could use some of those!!

AGD
11-12-2001, 10:59 PM
Thanks Gunga! That's the type of feedback I am looking for. Keep using them and lets see if the wear slows down. It should.

thanks

AGD