PDA

View Full Version : Doc Machines Flash Point tips

Conversekidz
01-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Anyone use them on a freak? I'm curious how loud they are.

I just purchased a freestyle and want the shortest barrel that I can get, while still being accurate and I stumbled upon the Flash Point tip for the freak system. Just wonder if anyone has had any experiance with them.

Chronobreak
01-26-2005, 11:33 PM
they dont really make a diff in any way other than looks

Conversekidz
01-26-2005, 11:35 PM
So you can shoot a freak back with out a front on it? The spacer will not go flying out?
I know its probably a stupid question, but I have never seen a freak system in person.

Chronobreak
01-26-2005, 11:37 PM
the inserts go in from the back and come out the same way.

my friend plays without a front or tip alot.

Conversekidz
01-26-2005, 11:51 PM
cool, thank you. I think i'm going to get the SS inserts and a black back.

magman007
01-27-2005, 12:26 AM
this isnt always true, some freak barrels front load, i know my old centerfeed mag barrel did

Conversekidz
01-27-2005, 12:31 AM
hmmm, well I'll just do this. I'll buy the cocker back, the inserts and then if I need a tip i'll get that as well.

magman007
01-27-2005, 12:44 AM
really, if your playing speed ball, you arer gunna want a longer barrel, it really helps push the bunkers outta the way

Conversekidz
01-27-2005, 12:52 AM
I have never played with inflatible bunkers, always plywood or the plastic, so there is no "pushing" them out of the way. I talked to the guys at the local shop today about barrel kits and they said honestly they all shoot the same. I was thinking of going freak just cause I like the insert idea, but i'm also looking at evil, empire systems, and J&J.

Conversekidz
01-27-2005, 01:12 AM
http://www.racegun.us/view_product.php?product=MAC4BIPZ3

this is hte other kit i am thinking about

gc82000
01-27-2005, 01:17 AM
Chronobreak I respect you but you are wrong on this one. All freak inserts can go in both ways. Some ppl think that it can only go in through the back but they are wrong. That is why freaks are more versatile then the SM-1 pro series (back loading only) or the Scepter kits (Front loading only). I am not saying they are better, I am just saying that it is a more versatile kit. I personally keep the tip and insert on my gun in storage just to keep it on.

Conversekid, as for your questions: is it loud, yes; are they cool oh hell yeah. Some ppl have them at the fields that I play at and I still have to double take when I see them on the field. :wow:

Oh yeah I dont recommend you play without a tip for your freak, some fields will not allow you to play for safety reasons. One being that your insert might fly out if you shoot fast.

Kallahan
01-27-2005, 03:28 AM
All barrel kits will shoot about the same, none of them have a large effective barrel length as that ends at the connection point.

Kevmaster
01-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember my freak going both ways :tard: ;) :tard:

anyways...yeah...it could go in and out the front and back. No problem. that wsa with a cocker back

trains are bad
01-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Solid barrel kits can be run without a tip.

On hardcover fields, I shoot an empire kit with eveything but the threads and the taper cut off the tip.

Thourne
01-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Not all freak back load both ways. The Automag only loads in the front because part of the breech is built into the barrel. I don't think I'd shoot it without a tip on it, but I have before, but I wouldn't do it in a game or when I've got the gun pointed at someone.

Recon by Fire
01-27-2005, 11:52 PM
I have a Flashpoint on a Freak and I love it. I don't really notice a difference in the sound level. Accuracey is still good but I believe the shot group is a bit wider than when I use my 10" or 14" tips.

http://home.houston.rr.com/doublenot7/wgp1.jpg

ScatterPlot
01-28-2005, 12:08 AM
The orings in mine are tight enough to keep it from shooting out, but I wouldn't say that about all of them, cause I haven't seen all of them. And I definately would think that the insert might move some and give you a crappy seal. (BTW I own a Freak)

purple
01-28-2005, 01:32 AM
there is a short barrel kit out there that's very short, about 8 inches, it's called the bizerk multi switch kit and can be had at www.doropaintball.com The inserts are STAINLESS STEEL and slide into the back. you can buy all the parts or only the back, the an insert and a short tip. uplifted ape on here has one, he can tell you more about them, but they shoot really well and are ultra short.

they come in agd, cocker, and i think angel backs. the fs is a cocker back, so you're square
Purple.

atm743
01-28-2005, 01:41 AM
this isnt always true, some freak barrels front load, i know my old centerfeed mag barrel did

yup sooo true jest was going to post that. mine has a little slot on the tip.

Glickman
01-28-2005, 02:03 AM
i believe you are referring the flash points to flash suppressors, not sound supressors, that what you call a surpressor or "silencer"

it does neither of that, as that is illegal, and wouldnt serve any useful purpose

Conversekidz
01-30-2005, 10:20 PM
there is a short barrel kit out there that's very short, about 8 inches, it's called the bizerk multi switch kit and can be had at www.doropaintball.com The inserts are STAINLESS STEEL and slide into the back. you can buy all the parts or only the back, the an insert and a short tip. uplifted ape on here has one, he can tell you more about them, but they shoot really well and are ultra short.

they come in agd, cocker, and i think angel backs. the fs is a cocker back, so you're square
Purple.

Didnt' really understand how to order the kit, but it does looking intresting.

LudavicoSoldier
01-30-2005, 10:38 PM
The tips arent overly loud. Nice and short too!

http://idisk.mac.com/dgreening/Public/flashfreak2.jpg

AcemanPB
01-30-2005, 10:57 PM
I have the TAG tip which is equally as short and functionally the same. Just letting you know Doc isn't the only guy out there making them. Although now that I think about I don't TAG is planning on making anymore of its freak tips...

Conversekidz
01-30-2005, 11:15 PM
I don't need a doc tip, I just want the shorty tip so I can have a "tiny" gun

lautt
01-30-2005, 11:27 PM

Purple.

i had one of those.....very nice, well made, SS inserts are great but man are they loud!!!! if you don't care about sound and want a short barrel with inserts, i recommend it to you

Conversekidz
01-31-2005, 02:28 AM
I will need to call because with the bizerk kit I don't know what inserts you get.

urbansix
01-31-2005, 07:49 PM
OR you could get a old/used/damaged/less-popular-size/weird-colored/Jr. tip on ebay for less than one of those if lucky and do a chop job....

GT
02-01-2005, 01:46 PM
really, if your playing speed ball, you arer gunna want a longer barrel, it really helps push the bunkers outta the way

its nice when the bunkers arnt over filed