PDA

View Full Version : Full Auto Vs Semi

Conversekidz
01-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I just read a post that got me thinking.

So I know its illegal on fields to shoot full auto because of the safety issue/insurance issue, yet its ok to shoot in semi as fast as you can.

So the spyder E-99 is capped at 13bps in full auto, and this is illegal, yet its ok to have a DM4/Angel/Freestyle/XXXX marker that shoots 18+ in semi legal.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Why is a semi auto gun that shoots 20+ safer than a full auto gun that shoots at 13?

shatter_storm
01-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Because in theory, if you drop the marker and a stick jams the trigger back, the DM4 lets loose one shot, the spyder just goes off until it's out of air or somebody unjams the trigger.

It's insurance paranoia, it's public image paranoia, and it's probably a government regulation somewhere. If we all shot full auto, the public's image of the sport would plummet (people are scared of automatic weaponry since it is portrayed as something only military and criminals use)

gc82000
01-27-2005, 01:22 AM
very true

Enemy
01-29-2005, 04:37 AM
wait we do shoot full auto guns remember nxl!! but really the only reason fullauto is illegal is because if you drop the gun or something pulls the trigger it will go off until you stop it as where semi auto only lets of one shot.. thats why the new nxl rules require 3 shots in semi auto only then your marker can do whatever it wants up to 15 bps!!

thorn
01-29-2005, 10:40 AM
i really like the full auto rule ONLY with the 15bps cap. this is a good limit, because its still pretty dang fast when u think about it, yet its controllable, and doesnt waste ur hopper too fast.

Echo419
01-29-2005, 11:22 AM
there safer cuz with angels u know how warm it is in 2 different readings.. duhh

NewMagMan21
01-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Well with full auto its all at the same speed (say 15 bps) with semi its controlled by the user so its not always so fast. Plus I think full auto's cheap for when running to bunkers off the break you dont have to think about where your shooting.