PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Nubbin feedback

ProjectMag
11-12-2001, 11:58 PM
Well I got a chance to use the plastic nubbins this weekend and was pretty satisfied with them. I only had a couple ball breaks out of about 1500 rounds but don't know if it was from the type of paint I was using(Brand X, not the best) or the nubbin itself. I use a Boomstick and the tab on the back of the nubbin didn't seem to cause any problems or resist the flexing of it. I read that Gunga here on the boards had some problems with wear, however, after inspection of mine, I could not see any wear whatsoever. I can say that these plastic nubbins are an improvement over the wire ones, being that last time I played I broke a P nubbin and couldn't figure out why I was chopping so much. :D Also, thickness of the plastic ones doesn't seem to be an issue in my case. My barrel goes in and out as smooth as it did with wire nubbins, no hang ups.

*Edit* I have the short nose bolt which may be why I see no wear on the nubbins

AGD
11-13-2001, 12:45 AM
Great report thanks!!

AGD

Gunga
11-13-2001, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ProjectMag
I read that Gunga here on the boards had some problems with wear, however, after inspection of mine, I could not see any wear whatsoever.

I didn't see the wear on the nubbins as a problem really. I expected there to be wear. After all, there's this big piece of stainless steel whacking up against it quite often and very quickly. :) Tom also mentioned that the wear should lessen as the nubbin breaks in.

A little wear on a plastic nubbin is better than a broken metal p-nubbin. :) A broken nubbin can goof up your game real quick.