PDA

View Full Version : 2002 College & High School Paintball National Championships - April 27

raehl
11-13-2001, 12:31 AM
For all you college and high school folk out there, the College National Championships will be on April 27 at Challenge Park Xtreme (http://www.challengepark.com) in Joliet, IL. As always, it'll be a 5-man centerflag event, and we'll hopefully be doing a 10-man exhibition for those interested on Sunday. Entry is $110/team + $65/case, although we're shooting to seriously cut into that with industry participation (we're non-profit, so all those things like table fees and the like that usually go to promoters go to player costs instead.) Teams of full-time students from the same college/university are eligible.

In conjunction with this event, we'll also be having the first ever High School National Championships. Also a 5-man event, again, you just need 5 players from the same school.

Teams from all levels of play enter, and most of the larger schools enter in more than one squad, allowing their top players to compete for the championships and their new players to get experience. Players range in level from those playing their first tournament ever to returning national champions, and have markers from tippmanns and spyders on up to tricked out cockers, Angels, and EMags, of course.

If you don't have a club or team at your college or high school yet, this is your excuse to START ONE. The NCPA will help you pull it off (it's not that hard anyway), more info at www.college-paintball.com or www.high-school-paintball.com respectively.

More information on Nationals is available at www.nationals.college-paintball.com.

Also, the seventh semi-annual Midwest Intercollegiate Tournament will be on April 6 at Sniper Jack's (http://www.sniperjack.com) in Villa Grove, IL. More info at www.mict.college-paintball.com.

Any questions or what not, hit the NCPA Discussion Forum (http://pub65.ezboard.com/bnationalcollegiatepaintballassociation) or drop me an email at raehl311@yahoo.com (mailto:raehl311@yahoo.com).

- Chris

gimp
11-13-2001, 10:40 AM
I want to go. Our college team is out of Troy NY though, so it's a bit of a haul.

Bartman
11-13-2001, 11:30 AM
Gimp,

Go for it,

at teh last mict the army(westpoint) came in to CPX. the college MICT was run realy well, and its well worth the trip to CPX just to see the set up, but being able to play a tourney for 110$ , thats a cheap tourney to play.

Bartman
Team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org

raehl
11-13-2001, 11:55 AM
I highly doubt it'll be anywhere near $110, most likely MUCH lower than that, but that's where we're at now. There will also be a conference tournament in the north-east in the spring as well, so you can try that first before comitting to the long haul to Nationals.

We'll also be working on airfare and the like, have to see how things pan out.

- Chris

gimp
11-13-2001, 03:43 PM
yeah, it's like 13 hours to challenge park from here. We went to tournaments at west point, they were fun.

Bartleby
11-13-2001, 04:25 PM
man, sometimes i'm glad i live in deerfield. most often this is not the case as there is litterally jack to do here. :D