PDA

View Full Version : ebgames/ps2 question

gimp
01-27-2005, 09:04 PM
I heard a rumor and I wanted to see if it was true. I'd call ebgames, but they're closed by now. Do they have a deal where you can trade in your old ps2 and a couple of games and get a new ps2? I've got 4 or 5 ps2 games that I never play. I'm planning on trading in the collectors edition halo2 as well. I want one of those new machines. My ps2 craps out all the time. I don't use it much anymore, but I got it the day they came out. It's an oldie.

Thanks

Warewolf50
01-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Yea i think it is like 5 games and old PS2, my firend did it.

thecavemankevin
01-28-2005, 01:57 AM
i had problems with my ps2 not reading disks all the time (disk read error). so i was about to buy a new slim model but used a can of air on it first. Damn if it doesn't work perfect now. Perhaps, if you are having a similar problem you may want to try that first.

gimp
01-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I've used the can of air before, it works for a little while, but then it stops working again. I use a lens cleaner a lot too. It's just a cd with a little brush on it. I know there is a way that you can adjust the distance of the laser to disc, but I'm hesitant to do that until it really starts crapping out.

I'm gonna have to stop by ebgames this weekend. I might just get more games. Who knows. I bet I could get some good trade in money for halo2. I wonder if I could preorder Gran Turismo 4... hmmm