PDA

View Full Version : New Reball Practice video!

Skoad
01-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Haven't watched it yet, but here it is!

http://www.reball.se/movies/RBvideo3B.wmv

Glickman
01-28-2005, 12:04 AM
actually makes me want to buy a thousand rounds or so, they look squishy, but firm, interesting, definitly more playable then vballs...

ouch.....

GT
01-28-2005, 12:17 AM
these are awsome! Just took the most expensive part out of paintball. Very sweet for the honest guys and practice.

150 for 500rnds @ pbgear, anyone know where you can get them cheaper?

Kallahan
01-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I've only heard good things about reballs, $150 seems to be MSRP.

Blazestorm
01-28-2005, 12:29 AM
That's as low as they're going to go.

Think about it though, they're meant to be used over 1000 times each, so thats.. $150.00 for a minimum of 500,000 (If you don't lose any)

I wouldn't mind paying $150.00 for 250 cases of target/practice paint.

ThatDarnSquirel
01-28-2005, 12:35 AM
That is a really awesome video.Where would u get a box of that???

SSniper
01-28-2005, 01:45 AM
too lazy to pick them off ground

Steelrat
01-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Oh those crazy Europeans, chewing on the reballs! :tard:

SSniper
01-28-2005, 01:51 AM
steelrat. you dig that fancy footwork too? :rofl:

Steelrat
01-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I think I might have just stepped on it, not stepped on it and twirled around.

Watching those guys practice like that reminds me why I get my butt kicked by some of the advanced players.

Enemy
01-28-2005, 02:57 AM
looks really interesting a better option for drilling than real paint!! if you have a facility that would dedicate one area as reball only/no paint allowed it would be worth it!!

RetroEclipseMan
01-28-2005, 03:02 AM
I wanna know where that guy they show in the reaction drill got the leopard print halo shells. unless they've been out and i've just never seen them.

magman007
01-28-2005, 04:31 AM
hint, they play for joy division. probabally a custom run, or a 3rd party custom job. deffinitely cool though.

btw Max Luvndquist is the man, no doubt about it. crazy shoes, and funny chewing habbits, but he is the man.

He was so cool at Huntington beach, grade a guy. Magued is pretty cool as well. plus, max sold me my bunkerking hat for hella cheep! 5 bux for a beanie and a trucker hat!

yea so, the guy is a cool guy, and thats all i really had to say. oh, and one hell of a baller

OmniM
01-28-2005, 05:02 AM
ReBall is great fellow AO'ers :clap: we use em every weekend and its so much fun and useful :D

Joni
01-28-2005, 05:26 AM
Agreed. I probably couldn't afford to play at all right now if it wasn't for reball.

cledford
01-28-2005, 08:07 AM
How well do they feed through a HALO or warp? The velcro ones suck badly.

Also, what's the range like? (how much do they weigh) If they are only foam it seems like they'd have less mass then a normal PB and therefore fly a much shorter distance.

There is a local Airsoft indoor faculity - this would be cool (if they actually work) - they might let us use them there.

-Calvin

trains are bad
01-28-2005, 08:09 AM
I wonder if our school would let us setup bunkers in one of the 4 raquetball rooms that nobody ever uses.

nah.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
01-28-2005, 08:12 AM
I was told by some Centerflag reps at the PB Expo in Springfield a few weeks ago that they feed through HALOs fine.

Az

OmniM
01-28-2005, 08:20 AM
How well do they feed through a HALO or warp? The velcro ones suck badly.

Also, what's the range like? (how much do they weigh) If they are only foam it seems like they'd have less mass then a normal PB and therefore fly a much shorter distance.

There is a local Airsoft indoor faculity - this would be cool (if they actually work) - they might let us use them there.

-Calvin

It feeds just fine thru a Halo if you do two things. First take out the first lil spring above the cone, and then dont load it full... around 150 and you are good. I use a Halo myself and it hardly jams.
Range is lil shorter than regular PB's, but that is expected since the vel is tuned down to 220-240 fps. They are not foamlike, they are made out of rubber. One of the goals with the ReBall was to make em weight as much as regular pb's and I think they succeeded very well on that matter.
The ReBall is also lil smaller than a regular pb, approx 0.684

trains are bad
01-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Since they're so small diameter, do they feed through a warp at all?

okiTony
01-28-2005, 09:02 AM
That is pretty sweat! How are they on the barrels? Would they damage the inserts on a freak kit or would you want to use a practice barrel? And what if you don't have a Halo, how good do they work with Revys and or non agitated hoppers?

Joni
01-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Other hoppers are fine, the work just like regular pb's. And there shouldn't be any wear on the barrel as long as you wash the balls between every use. One thing that is annoying is that if you use a closed bolt marker, the will constantly roll out due to the small diameter.

cledford
01-28-2005, 10:50 AM
HONESTLY, can any of you see an indoor business running off of these things? I'm curious as to peoples opinions. They solve the BIGGEST problem with indoors - paint clean required up to avoid slips, stank (from rotting gelatin) and people getting nasty from rubbing against paint coated obstacles.

On the other hand cheating is so rampant in paintball that it almost considered an accepted part of the game now - how could an indoor using reballs get around this fact to attract paying customers (and keep 'em coming back)?

To me one of the biggest obstacles to indoors are that people don't have enough money to play everyday due to the cost of paint - these (rented out for a much lower price - say 5 bucks per 500) can change that - but again - you've got the cheating issue... There needs to be some new way to play if these are going to work for anyone but teams practicing...

I'm looking for feedback and honest ideas...

-Calvin

OmniM
01-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, the cheating possibility will always be there.
We have some that come and try out the world of paintball, since it dont cost anything but the rental of the marker and if they find it fun, yes they come back to throw lil more :)

The largest "ReBall-hall" here with 50,000 ReBalls takes 14 bucks and for that you play as long as you want and use as many ReBalls you like. Same place the ReBall movie was taken. I dunno how many of thier customers is Rental first-timers or teams practicing.

GT
01-28-2005, 11:25 AM
would pay 20-25 bucks to "rent" balls w/ air and FF. The intial hardship would be spending the coin on getting that many reballs. For firstimers, guys for practice, and friends that are honest, reball is an awsome idea.

The only reason I havent jumped into tourney ball is because its not worth 150 bucks a weekend in pratice paint.

SlartyBartFast
01-28-2005, 11:25 AM
The largest "ReBall-hall" here with 50,000 ReBalls takes 14 bucks and for that you play as long as you want and use as many ReBalls you like. Same place the ReBall movie was taken. I dunno how many of thier customers is Rental first-timers or teams practicing.

Do you have a website link for them?

I was wondering if these guys would consider letting PB players rent the facility....

http://www.soccerplexecatalogna.com/

60 X 100 meter fields one in a building the other under a dome. :D

But it seems they're pretty booked solid with soccer events. :(

evildead420
01-28-2005, 11:47 AM
awesome stuff. :cheers: definenly need a controled environment to get the balls all picked up and clean. over all, thats some cool :cuss: :dance: :cheers:

abunkerer
01-28-2005, 12:07 PM
I bought some of those "rufus dog T-Balls" a while back, I was not very impressed. They are made from a rubber material, and like tires on a car they had good "traction"; high friction. They wouldn't slide smoothly down the barrel, and the shots would spin out sort of like trying to shoot through a really bad couple of barrel breaks.

Are the new ReBalls slicker on the outside?

OmniM
01-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I bought some of those "rufus dog T-Balls" a while back, I was not very impressed. They are made from a rubber material, and like tires on a car they had good "traction"; high friction. They wouldn't slide smoothly down the barrel, and the shots would spin out sort of like trying to shoot through a really bad couple of barrel breaks.

Are the new ReBalls slicker on the outside?

I havent tried the T-balls but as I understand you cant really compare these two.
I can only tell from my own experience with the ReBall and it has no friktion in the barrels, and the mainly bcoz of its smaller size I think. As Joni said, with closed bolters it tends to roll out the barrel, but others it sits tight in there ready to boost out of the barrel. They behave like regular pb's do.

Arent you suppose to use lube with the T-balls?

abunkerer
01-28-2005, 12:16 PM
yeah, you are supposed to lube them because their "shell" feels like a rubber band.

I havent tried the T-balls but as I understand you cant really compare these two.
I can only tell from my own experience with the ReBall and it has no friktion in the barrels, and the mainly bcoz of its smaller size I think. As Joni said, with closed bolters it tends to roll out the barrel, but others it sits tight in there ready to boost out of the barrel. They behave like regular pb's do.

Arent you suppose to use lube with the T-balls?

FragTek
01-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Those look like pretty slick little balls. More indoor places should switch over to those to lower the playing cost for people that can't afford loads of field paint.

I give em a thumbs up!

magman007
01-28-2005, 01:48 PM
see, i cant really see this becomming a recreational product, for recreational indoor paintball, i can see them as a learning tool, such as used in the video. Running drills, and playing games. In the games, if you get hit by one, you can learn from the mistake you made, thats the idea that i percieve.

I would not want to play recreational indoor paintball with these things, because you really have no idea how well people are going to call them selves out.

As i said, genious idea, and i like the appolications for practicing. if there were a few reball halls around, in majot balling locations (ie, socal, jersey, the carolinas etc etc) i could really see this taking off. for team practices that is. but running it as a full time game type of deal, i dont know if i would be interested in it

Edit: i have used reballs before though, at huntington beach, the "try the a4 fly" booth had a netted area setup, where you could shoot reballs at a we kill suckers tee, which prooved the marker, and the reballs. just brom em up, put em back into a box, and happy shooting. (the only problem encountered was there was no lubing station, therefore that a4 fly had a good amount of wear on it from the dirty paintballs)

SlartyBartFast
01-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Those look like pretty slick little balls. More indoor places should switch over to those to lower the playing cost for people that can't afford loads of field paint.

I'm not sure that would be a good economic model.

You'd have to make sure first of all that no-one was walking away with hoppers full of reballs at the end of a session.

Then, like it or not, you have to come up with a new revenue generator to replace the lost painball sales.

cris8762
01-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Then, like it or not, you have to come up with a new revenue generator to replace the lost painball sales.

All a field owner would have to do is raise their entrance fee so that it covered all the ReBalls that they would want to use. So say, from a $10 field fee to a $30 field fee plus rentals for the rec players.

FragTek
01-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I'd still think it'd be an easy way to cut down playing cost or a day of practice... :cool:

Blazestorm
01-28-2005, 04:05 PM
All a field owner would have to do is raise their entrance fee so that it covered all the ReBalls that they would want to use. So say, from a $10 field fee to a $30 field fee plus rentals for the rec players.

$50.00 bucks includes a case of reball (2000 not 500 ;) )
$20.00 bucks for each additional case of reball

You do not pickup the paint.

Only flaw is that people could play on all the time and "bounces" wouldn't exist anymore, I think it would be better for practicing not actual playing.

cris8762
01-28-2005, 05:27 PM
that sounds good actually

SSniper
01-28-2005, 05:38 PM
I would not want to play recreational indoor paintball with these things, because you really have no idea how well people are going to call them selves out.

wellll.. we could crank the fps to 350.. so when theyre hit... theyre deffinately out, and crying ;)

tony3
01-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Ive played at a field that uses these things in pumps, it was at a lasertag place. It was about 2 years ago. It is pointless to do in open play, private groups and team practices are perfect. Our team can't really afford to run drills. Since we use all of our paint playing. Definitely a cool idea.

spasticsquirrel
01-28-2005, 10:52 PM
maybe use a colored power on the outside for fields, so it leaves a mark when your hit.
if you pick them up, chances are there is no power on them, and they wont leave a mark, so the person you hit isnt out.

Joni
01-29-2005, 04:52 AM
Ive played at a field that uses these things in pumps, it was at a lasertag place. It was about 2 years ago. It is pointless to do in open play, private groups and team practices are perfect. Our team can't really afford to run drills. Since we use all of our paint playing. Definitely a cool idea.

That's phazerball you're talking about. Ive tried it myself, not at all the same thing as reball. It's like shooting with a constant barrel break. Phazerballs hurts less than reballs though IIRC

tony3
01-29-2005, 10:59 AM
They shot pretty good. The way they setup the field it was just 2 bases and you couldn't cross a center line. After the game you todl the judge how many times you got hit. Completely stupid.

mag88888
01-29-2005, 09:24 PM
are they bouncy? i couldnt tell very much in the video.

Joni
01-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Pretty bouncy. Think rubberballs :D
not quite that bad, but a friend of mine was shooting at a target, missed and hit the wall 5-6 yards away, and the ball hit him on the way back

okiTony
01-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Where can you get them at? Any place cheap? I like the idea that you can practice at a low cost.

abunkerer
01-30-2005, 12:50 PM
I got to see these yesterday, they are pretty nice. The rubber is a lot "stiffer" than the T-balls I shot before, this makes for a slicker surface...I didn't get to shoot them but I bet they shoot pretty good.

68magOwner
01-30-2005, 01:24 PM
meh, without a specialized reball facility as shown (with the drain in the middle) you would lose tons of these every time you play, if there was a reball training facility like that around, that supplied the reballs (can would charger ~$30 or so a day to play) i know my tream whould hit that up all the time, but, untill there are facilities for it, i cant see them being very practical (although i do shoot my V balls alot, but, not enough to warrent spending $150)

trevorjk
01-30-2005, 02:47 PM
i have never shot any of those T-Balls but the ReBalls are amazing, no need to oil and they shoot great, i was just shooting those things in the store the other day and its awesome, they are made out of a foamy material not a rubber band material and they shoot just fine

all though there like $80 ish for 600 round, or so thats what i beleive i was told :-D

abunkerer
01-30-2005, 02:50 PM
i have never shot any of those T-Balls but the ReBalls are amazing, no need to oil and they shoot great, i was just shooting those things in the store the other day and its awesome, they are made out of a foamy material not a rubber band material and they shoot just fine

all though there like $80 ish for 600 round, or so thats what i beleive i was told :-D

I think it is more like $150 for 500 rounds

trevorjk
01-30-2005, 02:51 PM
yeah, dealer :cool:

misenhei
02-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Special facility?? I don't use my basement for anything....

VFX_Fenix
02-01-2005, 12:58 PM
They really do shoot just like real paint. I got the oportunity to be among the first 5 "civilians" to shoot the Ego at the San Diego NPPL Commander's Cup and they had us shooting reballs through both an Egg and a Halo. We were ripping on the Egos and not once did the reballs jam and out of the Ego they were flying like darts.

The ReBalls are really small, I mean like roll comfortably through my .685 CP. They're also kinda soft, bouncey, and squishy, for those of you that ever made "snot balls" with rubber cement and found them after they'd lost tehir stickiness, you'd have some idea as to the texture. All in all, really cool, I'd buy some if I had a place where I knew I could use them. As it stands the only place that's indoors enough to do any drilling at is at a local where according to Bi-Laws in the CSU system, we cannot have out markers. Anyway, cheers!

trains are bad
02-01-2005, 03:01 PM
The $64 question for me is still....will they feed through a warp without modification? I may shoot them an email.

"Joe"
02-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Someone needs to buy my mag so I can pic up a case of these...

PBX Ronin 23
02-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Beyond target shooting and testing your guns, do you really think that Reball is good for anything else. Fellas, we play a game that's predicated on marking your opponent. How can you conceivably use this stuff in a game? It is not a substitute for real paintballs.

"Joe"
02-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Beyond target shooting and testing your guns, do you really think that Reball is good for anything else. Fellas, we play a game that's predicated on marking your opponent. How can you conceivably use this stuff in a game? It is not a substitute for real paintballs.

Yes that's true, but for practice purposes, they can't be beat.

okiTony
02-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I can't wait to get the samples from Centerflag Products. :clap: I hope they work as great as they sound. I'll post up as soon as i get to try them out. :clap:

Smileatom88
02-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Sounds like a great idea, but a bit pricey.

magmonkey
02-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Ok, have a couple questions for you

we might be putting in an indoor field, I am going to look at two building options this weekend.

do you think that it would be enough of a draw to run one night a week as a team practice night
like 4:00 pm 12:00am
$30 per player
teams only
we supply reball entry and air

have boxes full of pods at the door to the field load up when you walk in and drop your pods before you walk off, no reball beyond the netting

this is the only way I can think to stop them from being stolen

think it would fly? questions,commments?

ej_y4
02-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Ok, have a couple questions for you

we might be putting in an indoor field, I am going to look at two building options this weekend.

do you think that it would be enough of a draw to run one night a week as a team practice night
like 4:00 pm 12:00am
$30 per player
teams only
we supply reball entry and air

have boxes full of pods at the door to the field load up when you walk in and drop your pods before you walk off, no reball beyond the netting

this is the only way I can think to stop them from being stolen

think it would fly? questions,commments?
Sounds like a plan, I know if there was a reball center around LA I would take my kids there. If
I was was you I would talk to the local teams first.
good luck

germanman
02-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Wow, that would make my wallet feel at ease. Anybody feel like buying a Warehouse in the Las Vegas Area for practice?? :bounce:

danoxide
02-04-2005, 10:27 PM
ReBall is great fellow AO'ers :clap: we use em every weekend and its so much fun and useful :D

does it really just feel like getting hit with a real paintball?

okiTony
02-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Yea, thats great, magmonkey... I was thinkin about doing something like that here in Okinawa. We have a speedball and woodsball course. I think it will be a + , I know i would save money practicing with the reballs.

pump
02-05-2005, 05:26 AM
good lord why doesnt anyone tell me about these kind of things!!!!!!!!!

this is make pratice drill to much cheeper

and cleaner

WARPED1
02-05-2005, 07:20 PM
OK, cool. But what's the point? :confused:

Glickman
02-05-2005, 10:06 PM
OK, cool. But what's the point? :confused:

Re- Reusable
Ball- Paintball

Reusable paintballs :D

if they last a decent amount of time, they could really make practicing cheaper

WARPED1
02-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I know reusable, thats the part I don't get, why?!!?

SAW
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
So you don't have to replace paint as often.

"Joe"
02-05-2005, 11:16 PM
So you don't have to replace paint as often.

Often being every time you play.

They are condideraby cheaper than buying paint over and over again for team practice.

WARPED1
02-05-2005, 11:35 PM
I get it, still think it's stupid, but to each thier own.

OmniM
02-06-2005, 09:36 AM

you must be joking??? you seriously dont see the potential and the benefit with ReBalls?

mark_1791
02-06-2005, 10:22 AM
The problem with these things is that i would have to get a barrel kit or something because i use a CP 1-piece thats .689 so the whole .684 thing wouldnt work for me....

mark_1791
02-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Are you SERIOUS? wouldnt you rather save thousands of dollars on practice paintballs? thats the whole point of reusing them! every time you buy a box for practice, it costs (depending where you play) around $40-$80, whereas with reball, you buy it once, and use it every time! its all about the $$$$

PBX Ronin 23
02-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Have fun picking them up when you're done.... ;)

OmniM
02-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Have fun picking them up when you're done.... ;)

It takes 5 minutes....

WARPED1
02-06-2005, 01:35 PM
you must be joking??? you seriously dont see the potential and the benefit with ReBalls?
Have you ever been hit by a rubber ball? Those'll sting like crazy. I don't care how soft they look, they are made stronger than gel(look at the guy bite it), so flying at 280 FPS, they will hurt more than a pball(a pball stings, not hurts).

OmniM
02-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Have you ever been hit by a rubber ball? Those'll sting like crazy. I don't care how soft they look, they are made stronger than gel(look at the guy bite it), so flying at 280 FPS, they will hurt more than a pball(a pball stings, not hurts).

Of course I have... I practice with em like 8 hours every weekend. They do hurt just a tad more, but its all worth it since its sooooo much cheaper to practice.

Glickman
02-06-2005, 03:24 PM

sooo turn down the velocity a bit as well...

you think those are painful? try vballs. they are just a solid plastic with velcro. they wont bend or warp at all to spread the area of impact, so its only one small point on your body gets hit

"Joe"
02-07-2005, 12:06 AM
You're not supposed to shoot v-balls at people....

hitech
02-07-2005, 10:36 AM
So, where can you get these things? I only want about a 100 or so. I would love to have some for testing. I think they would be great for test firing a marker. Especially when you are trying to make sure it works correctly at higher rates of fire.

OmniM
02-07-2005, 10:41 AM
So, where can you get these things? I only want about a 100 or so. I would love to have some for testing. I think they would be great for test firing a marker. Especially when you are trying to make sure it works correctly at higher rates of fire.

Here you can buy em in pods if you like... dunno bout ActionVillage thou...

hitech
02-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Here you can buy em in pods if you like... dunno bout ActionVillage thou...

Where??????

OmniM
02-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Where??????

um... dunno wich you refer too, but here (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=1jIHrdPc8aAHQpHbR3nHBdkV3h_CZD5nIA8=?Cat egoryName=paintball-paintballs-and-paint-grenades-target-balls)is AV's

"Joe"
02-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Someone was selling 100 for $50 on ebay a few days ago. I dont' know if they're still there though.

hitech
02-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Found some, if anyone else cares...

http://splatzone.net/store/product_info.php/cPath/35_165/products_id/189

100 for $32.00

knightlord
02-07-2005, 04:56 PM
yep i got few cases on order just waiting for them to be sent out..