PDA

View Full Version : Mag RT

snowbuddyjay
01-28-2005, 03:24 AM
:confused: i bought an automagRT off ebay and i was not sure if it was an RT or an RT Pro.
could someone tell me what the difference is visably and with the way it works/shoots.

Attached is a picture of the gun

Thank you

Target Practice
01-28-2005, 03:45 AM
Damn, that's hot.

That's an original RT. Awesome marker.

magman007
01-28-2005, 04:09 AM
yup, its an origional RT. Beautiful anno/color combo as well, i really like that.

the ways you can tell the difference are:

first off, the front of the body, it has the "polkadot" holes in it, classic rt trait although not a judging factor because.... some people bought old rt bodies, and cut the back so that you could use the body with a regular valve, also, some people cut the polka dotted front piece off, as to save weight

the valve OD. the rt valve, as you can see, or will see once you recieve the marker, is smaller than a regular valve, it fits into the body much further than a regular, wider valve would, you will notice that the back half of the body almost completely covers the rt valve

the hardline/rail with airpassages and pluged holes on the back. this was for the gasthrough rail idea, which incorporates the hardline comming from the forgrip. it was done to be asthetically pleasing

the field strip screw, is actually a banjo bolt, like those on autococker front blocks, just a little smaller. this is how the air is transfered from the rail to the valve

the marker shoots identically to an rt pro, or any xvalved marker in opperation, no performance decreases

you cannot upgrade to a ULE body though, unless, you purchase a new rail and valve, allong with the body. this totals over the price of a base model rt pro, so it isnt really a feasable option.

great marker you have there, and happy shooting!

Lohman446
01-28-2005, 07:02 AM
the marker shoots identically to an rt pro, or any xvalved marker in opperation, no performance decreases

I have heard some people state that the original RTs may actually be more reactive than what we have now - they also have cool features like a carbide tipped sear if I remember correctly. I also like the no air lines outside of the marker, though evidently few enough people cared about this that we went back to exposed line

Buff
01-28-2005, 09:33 AM
How much did yu pay for that?
thats one tight marker

okiTony
01-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Sweat marker! :headbang: I would geta different color hopper though :cool:

Chronobreak
01-28-2005, 11:38 AM
classic rt. anda very nice one if i dont mind saying so.

if it doesnt have lvlX i would gt thatt ..other than that leave it and go rock it. :headbang:

Enemy
01-29-2005, 01:44 AM
nice marker and yes from what zman and tom have said the old rts are more reactive than the rerto valve and xvlave!!nice i love those things!!

snowbuddyjay
02-01-2005, 03:31 AM
the valve just says "RT" on it, it is a lvl10 bolt setup has the intilliframe. i paid 300 for the marker off ebay. it was not working properly when i bought it but all that it needed was a little adjusting of the level 10 but all around a darn good deal

GT
02-01-2005, 01:44 PM
I have heard some people state that the original RTs may actually be more reactive than what we have now

I think there is truth to that. Need to test it..... who want to send me an older rt :headbang:

Coray
02-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Nice, one of the yellow anno's i like